Chavez in Cuba for cancer surgery

Chavez in Cuba for cancer surgery

There are 5 comments on the CNN story from Dec 10, 2012, titled Chavez in Cuba for cancer surgery. In it, CNN reports that:

State-run VTV showed Chavez embracing Vice President Nicolas Maduro and other top Venezuelan officials before his plane took off early Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#1 Dec 10, 2012
When did Chavez become so fat?

Since: Sep 09

Hollywood, FL

#2 Dec 10, 2012
Maybe he will die on the table....

“MARY HARTMAN, MARY HARTMAN”

Since: Nov 12

Avon, Co

#3 Dec 10, 2012
Cuba is known to have a better health care system than the States and especially when it comes to surgery. Canadians fly there for that kind of medical treatment all the time as do people from other nations.

Canada has the highest over all quality of health care in the world with Germany coming in next.

The States used to be number one in education, wealth, healthcare and just about everything post WW2 but not now.

In June, Canada became the wealthiest nation on earth, has had the highest quality in health care three years in a row and in 2011 had the highest educatinoal system. The numbers for 2012 will not be out for a couple months but I bet Canada wins again.

Last year; Canada came in number one followed by Israel and then Japan. USA was pretty far down on the list.

The last 15 years Cuba has become tops in the world for cancer surgery while Germany is tops in the world for medical oncology.

Things are so bad in the States, they had to make laws for average citizens going to Canada for health care in Washington State and NY yet Congresspeople of both parties fly to Canada for top of line health care then come home, go on TV and bash the Canadian system and talk it down and long lines etc. Then our media picks up on it knowing better but reports how great health care is in the States and forgets to mention the trillions in tax dollars paid out each year for uninsured and how Obama care will reduce that by 70%.

If ya get sick with cancer and need treatment, GO TO GERMANY for medical oncology, since ya can't go to Cuba for surgery from the States, go to France. For all other medical conditions go to Canada until the States is back to at least number 3 in health care.

As for Chavez, he should have it in the States where he would die on the operating table. Any nation medicine is a "business" it sux.

“MARY HARTMAN, MARY HARTMAN”

Since: Nov 12

Avon, Co

#4 Dec 10, 2012
Mi_nina wrote:
Maybe he will die on the table....
Maybe, but doubt we have that luck since he's going to Cuba where the best in surgery is. He could go to any nation other than the States for this but he picked Cuba because it is the best for that but we might get lucky and he kicks the bucket but look how long Castro hung in there post cancer surgery.

I thought we should have invaded Cuba instead of Iraq so the wonderful Cubans in Miami could go home and stop occupying the States but the States has held true on its promise to Russia all these long year when Kennedy promised the States would never invade Cuba so long as no nukes were ever allowed there and Russia took its nukes out. Russia took nukes out of there and each President since Kennedy has fulfilled the promise made. Russia fulfills its promise too because nothing to stop them from placing nukes in Cuba.

I do believe Cuba will be open and free in the next 36 months and of course anything that takes place on the watch of a US President, the President gets credit or blame no matter if fault or good work done or not.

Since: Sep 09

Hollywood, FL

#5 Dec 10, 2012
Being a nurse in florida, I can tell you...Cubans that say thy are nurses in Cuba are unable to perform even the most basic nursing functions...they are not even allowed to sit or licensure any longer....so I really doubt the quality of healthcare is best..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Cuba Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News John Kerry: Next president won't undo U.S.-Cuba... Aug 18 WE JUST DONT CARE 25
News US, Cuba formally restore diplomatic ties after... Jul '15 WE JUST DONT CARE 24
News Today: Cuba Si! Hola, El Nino. Jul '15 Tim 1
News New Cuba-U.S. ties could mean deportation for t... Jul '15 wild child 1
News For these Hemingways, a Florida Straits crossin... Jun '15 L I G E R 6
News Rubio says he'll block ambassador without Cuba ... Jun '15 Billy Ringo 55
News GOP tries to use spending bills to curb Obama C... Jun '15 Marcavage s Emission 35
More from around the web