China Looks at West And Says, No Thanks

China Looks at West And Says, No Thanks

There are 6 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Nov 25, 2012, titled China Looks at West And Says, No Thanks. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Qian Gang, in his Nov. 14 op-ed " China's Great Political Leap Backward ," says China's president stated China "will resolutely not follow Western political models." Now, I am no expert on China's internal politics, but I could certainly understand why China would not try to copy Western models.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

dantawn

United States

#1 Nov 25, 2012
the west does not follow it own political models. for any length of time.and a 16 trillion dollar debt is not exactly the girl you would bring home to yo momma . but every election is a unknown quantity with unknown consequences for an unknown amount of time with unknown results. where one size fits nobody.
lancebassatemyas s

Wellsboro, PA

#2 Nov 25, 2012
I hope they keep their black market body parts model going until effect organ and tissue regeneration is achieved.
IMStrong

Boston, MA

#3 Nov 25, 2012
We have only to look to history to see that human civilizations rise and fall.
My first inclination is to learn Mandarin.
khan

United States

#4 Nov 26, 2012
black friday has become more about creating manufacturing jobs in china, and asia, and a higher trade inbalance .than creating jobs in america,that will be gone in january .just about every chain store is an importer .i can think of 3 that will be shutting down stores,and downsizing.
George

Ramallah, Palestinian Territory

#5 Nov 26, 2012
yippee!
khan

United States

#6 Nov 26, 2012
half the western countries are up to their ??? in debt ,buying and selling each others financial shortfalls,wondering whos gonna eat crow first. the other 50% are trying to figure out how many zeros their chinese calculator can handle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nixon went to China, Trump went for 'amnesty' 11 hr HOLLA ISABELLA 3
News China's Islamophobia Jun 16 Faith 3
News Ivanka Trump brand applies for, wins more China... Jun 12 will it ever end 1
News China won't release detained labor activists Jun 7 AgentOrange 2
News How China Tamed the Green Watchdogs May 29 who ya gonna call 1
News China says Interpol notice issued for billionai... Apr '17 LuigiGiamona 1
News Why China is beating the U.S. at innovation Apr '17 mayors part of pr... 1
More from around the web