Report: Bogus U.S. military parts traced to China

Full story: CNN 7
A bipartisan congressional report has found a widespread problem with counterfeit electronic parts installed or purchased for use in American military systems around the world. Full Story

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1 Nov 7, 2011
Just how stupid are we? Consumer products from China are trash rip-offs and we complain about it all the time...but our military? For shame.
always after the fact

United States

#2 Nov 7, 2011
a day late and a dollar too much..who would of thought that government oversight would touch every aspect of the economy and render it as a scam,makes one ask the question ?where are the nukes aimed at? what else is BOGUS . xxxxxxx ALMOST MAKES TAINTED BEEF A BARGAIN. and what are the side effects of propofol.........http://en.wik ipedia.org/wiki/Propofol.... it appears the jury did not

Since: Nov 11

AOL

#3 Nov 8, 2011
Maybe we can have them begin manufacturing our ballistic missiles and atomic warheads so we can save a few bucks...WTF is going on here??? Where is the LEADERSHIP in this country??? Have we gone completly mad??
smallville

Shanghai, China

#4 Nov 8, 2011
Let me tell you what these parts are. These parts are junked parts. MADE IN USA but expired. Some underground small or household "factories" in China imported them from USA and do some polish and cleaning work then sell it again. It is hard to tell who should be blamed. Maybe some middle man in China, or in USA. It is not illegal to sell second-hand parts. Still useful somehow. But when these parts again severed as parts of complicated weapons, it cause problems.

Since: Aug 10

Prahran, Australia

#5 Nov 8, 2011
america borrows money off china.. then sends it back in the form of forign aid... and the chinese just smile and say how stupid is the usa...and charge interest...lol

as a wise man once send... you cant fix stupid
UpYours

Leeds, UK

#6 Nov 9, 2011
You could not make this up,,,,
FORMALLY ABDUCTED

Loxahatchee, FL

#7 Nov 9, 2011
Sarcasm N Society wrote:
Maybe we can have them begin manufacturing our ballistic missiles and atomic warheads so we can save a few bucks...WTF is going on here??? Where is the LEADERSHIP in this country??? Have we gone completly mad??
I agree...but no!our leaders have not gone crazy,they no longer pretend to be sane.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shanghai, Hong Kong Shares Boosted by China Rat... Mar 2 gokevinh2o 1
Legend Capital Raises $500M Fund As China VC Ga... (May '14) Feb 26 YouKnow 2
Misogynistic China TV gala provokes anger Feb 25 stewart scott 3
China Gobbled Up U.S. Debt in 2014 Feb 25 RustyS 2
China Expands Island Construction in Disputed S... Feb 18 theidiotsareunited 2
Expanding 'Fortresses' in South China Sea Feb 18 theidiotsareunited 2
Alibaba vows to fight fakes - and China'sa Feb 16 ibu sanra pontianak 3
More from around the web