China Economy to Surpass US by 2030

China Economy to Surpass US by 2030

There are 25 comments on the ABC News story from Dec 10, 2012, titled China Economy to Surpass US by 2030. In it, ABC News reports that:

A report on global trends prepared by the U.S. intelligence community notes that by 2030 China is likely to have surpassed the United States as the world's largest economy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1 Dec 10, 2012
Just as the Boy Messiah had planned. The Jerk-In-Chief will be happy to hear this.
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

#3 Dec 10, 2012
Hmm. That's funny. The world bank and the IMF put that date as 2016, about 4 years from now. Or you could do your own calculations combined with objective observations. The article is just hubristic BS, pasting a smiley face on the disaster that America has become. Sad. Graceless in victory, graceless in defeat, living on lies
cant touch this

United States

#6 Dec 10, 2012
THEY ARE ALREADY THERE..just look at the shelves in any big box store.
if chinese wages were calculated at minimum wage USA levels ,they WOULD BE 10 TIMES AS MUCH AS US.

There are 3 towns in the US named China. They are China, Maine -- China, Michigan -- China, Texas...
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

#7 Dec 10, 2012
b4its2late wrote:
China Economy to Surpass US by 2030
.
WHY? ONLY IF WE LET IT. They are making their money selling to our market. Limit it. Bring jobs back here. And most important, AMERICAN POLITICIANS AND CEOS...GET YOUR SHT TOGETHER.
Man up, buddy. Face the facts. You priced yourself out of the market, job-wise. Even if we never sold you another thing, somebody else would. Anyway you only make up a small part of our exports. You got millions of un-filled/un-fillable jobs 'cause lack of skills, knowledge and abilities. More takers than makers. The list goes on and on. You're washed up, finished, and the worst is yet to come, and sooner than you think. Blaming others for your self-inflicted failure only makes you look stupid
truth always Beats lIes23

Covington, VA

#8 Dec 10, 2012
Bob Burns wrote:
<quoted text>Man up, buddy. Face the facts. You priced yourself out of the market, job-wise. Even if we never sold you another thing, somebody else would. Anyway you only make up a small part of our exports. You got millions of un-filled/un-fillable jobs 'cause lack of skills, knowledge and abilities. More takers than makers. The list goes on and on. You're washed up, finished, and the worst is yet to come, and sooner than you think. Blaming others for your self-inflicted failure only makes you look stupid
Well said!!
rfirma1

Burbank, CA

#9 Dec 11, 2012
Bob Burns wrote:
<quoted text>Man up, buddy. Face the facts. You priced yourself out of the market, job-wise. Even if we never sold you another thing, somebody else would. Anyway you only make up a small part of our exports. You got millions of un-filled/un-fillable jobs 'cause lack of skills, knowledge and abilities. More takers than makers. The list goes on and on. You're washed up, finished, and the worst is yet to come, and sooner than you think. Blaming others for your self-inflicted failure only makes you look stupid
oh..don't kid yourself....the u.s. still has the most educated workforce on the planet. what we do have are unions that have priced our skilled workers right out of the market. whilst china can afford to pay a skilled welder 50 cents and hour....in the u.s. that same welder will demand $50/hour.
truth Always beats lIes23

Covington, VA

#10 Dec 11, 2012
rfirma1 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh..don't kid yourself....the u.s. still has the most educated workforce on the planet. what we do have are unions that have priced our skilled workers right out of the market. whilst china can afford to pay a skilled welder 50 cents and hour....in the u.s. that same welder will demand $50/hour.
LOL!! Keep living in that fantasy world.
rfirma1

Burbank, CA

#11 Dec 11, 2012
truth Always beats lIes23 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!! Keep living in that fantasy world.
have you been assigned the resident china cheerleader and peanut gallery??

lolololololololol....yourself.
rfirma1

Burbank, CA

#12 Dec 11, 2012
by all means...educate yourself

http://www.manufacturingnews.com/news/06/0502...
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

#13 Dec 11, 2012
rfirma1 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh..don't kid yourself....the u.s. still has the most educated workforce on the planet. what we do have are unions that have priced our skilled workers right out of the market. whilst china can afford to pay a skilled welder 50 cents and hour....in the u.s. that same welder will demand $50/hour.
As it happens, One of the things I do hear is teach and serve as president of the most successful schools in Dali, Yunnan. While the school "system" in China does have its shortcomings, the students, staff, parents across China are way more dedicated to learning and education than anything imaginable in the west. According to various international originations who test students across the world, China always scores the highest. In the US, Chinese graduates from Chinese high schools who attend US universities always form the top tier in their classes. Further they are full fee paying, and w/o them the universities would be in even more financial difficulties. What you say might have been true 50 years ago, but those days are long gone. Another little factoid, Wages are low, but costs are even lower, so our standard of living is almost as high as yours, and will very soon exceed it. Any who "believe" the BS MSN about China is a gullible blind idiot
truth Always beats lIes23

Covington, VA

#14 Dec 11, 2012
rfirma1 wrote:
<quoted text>
have you been assigned the resident china cheerleader and peanut gallery??
lolololololololol....yourself.
No I am just someone who lives in the real world and speaks facts.
truth Always beats lIes23

Covington, VA

#15 Dec 11, 2012
rfirma1 wrote:
by all means...educate yourself
http://www.manufacturingnews.com/news/06/0502...
Oh I am educated about the real facts and I certainly do not look at jewish american media propaganda for reading material.
truth Always beats lIes23

Covington, VA

#16 Dec 11, 2012
I agree bob burns.
rfirma1

Burbank, CA

#17 Dec 12, 2012
Bob Burns wrote:
<quoted text>As it happens, One of the things I do hear is teach and serve as president of the most successful schools in Dali, Yunnan. While the school "system" in China does have its shortcomings, the students, staff, parents across China are way more dedicated to learning and education than anything imaginable in the west. According to various international originations who test students across the world, China always scores the highest. In the US, Chinese graduates from Chinese high schools who attend US universities always form the top tier in their classes. Further they are full fee paying, and w/o them the universities would be in even more financial difficulties. What you say might have been true 50 years ago, but those days are long gone. Another little factoid, Wages are low, but costs are even lower, so our standard of living is almost as high as yours, and will very soon exceed it. Any who "believe" the BS MSN about China is a gullible blind idiot
unfortunately what you seem to forget or may be that you don't even realize ....is that the chinese studenst that come to the united states are the 1/2% brightest of the brightest china has to offer.....and the reason they come to the united states is so that they may receive a higher education than what is possible or available in china.
top tier american students don't have to travel to foreign nations for higher education because that level of education is available here.....aside from our Rhode's scholars that attend school at oxford.......our top students attend mit, harvard, usc berkley, johns hopkins, etc. and are just as bright and just as resourceful as any chinese student, oh....and most of the american students attending those universities are paying for their educations....not paid by their government........as in the case of the chinese students that have money and housing paid for.

china will have a long way to go before it attains 1/2 the standard of living in the united states. are you being truthful about your ties to china? i find your ignorance on the facts as very alarming. mind you....i'm not calling you an idiot....as you intimated in your post to me.........just ignorant.
truth Always beats lIes23

Covington, VA

#18 Dec 12, 2012
rfirma1 wrote:
<quoted text>
unfortunately what you seem to forget or may be that you don't even realize ....is that the chinese studenst that come to the united states are the 1/2% brightest of the brightest china has to offer.....and the reason they come to the united states is so that they may receive a higher education than what is possible or available in china.
top tier american students don't have to travel to foreign nations for higher education because that level of education is available here.....aside from our Rhode's scholars that attend school at oxford.......our top students attend mit, harvard, usc berkley, johns hopkins, etc. and are just as bright and just as resourceful as any chinese student, oh....and most of the american students attending those universities are paying for their educations....not paid by their government........as in the case of the chinese students that have money and housing paid for.
china will have a long way to go before it attains 1/2 the standard of living in the united states. are you being truthful about your ties to china? i find your ignorance on the facts as very alarming. mind you....i'm not calling you an idiot....as you intimated in your post to me.........just ignorant.
You seem to be confused once again government propagandist.No american citizens do not have their taxes used for things to help them like a free education.No instead billions in tax dollars go to the terrorist colony of israel yearly so they can have free health care and free education.In america you have IDIOTS who go to get a degree and then have a "student loan" for tens of thousands of dollars that they pay for the rest of their lives.This while the american government creates one war after another all over the world and openly funds terrorist like they are doing in Syria right now.China is far ahead of the US no matter if you like to admit that or not it is a fact.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#19 Dec 12, 2012
truth Always beats lIes23 wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to be confused once again government propagandist.No american citizens do not have their taxes used for things to help them like a free education.No instead billions in tax dollars go to the terrorist colony of israel yearly so they can have free health care and free education.In america you have IDIOTS who go to get a degree and then have a "student loan" for tens of thousands of dollars that they pay for the rest of their lives.This while the american government creates one war after another all over the world and openly funds terrorist like they are doing in Syria right now.China is far ahead of the US no matter if you like to admit that or not it is a fact.
You must be the entertainment inside of your ward, eh?

That's why yer wearing trapdoors on your night robes:>
truth Always beats lIes23

Covington, VA

#20 Dec 12, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be the entertainment inside of your ward, eh?
That's why yer wearing trapdoors on your night robes:>
Hate to hear facts as usual huh?
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

#21 Dec 12, 2012
rfirma1 wrote:
<quoted text>
unfortunately what you seem to forget or may be that you don't even realize ....is that the chinese studenst that come to the united states are the 1/2% brightest of the brightest china has to offer.....and the reason they come to the united states is so that they may receive a higher education than what is possible or available in china.
top tier american students don't have to travel to foreign nations for higher education because that level of education is available here.....aside from our Rhode's scholars that attend school at oxford.......our top students attend mit, harvard, usc berkley, johns hopkins, etc. and are just as bright and just as resourceful as any chinese student, oh....and most of the american students attending those universities are paying for their educations....not paid by their government........as in the case of the chinese students that have money and housing paid for.
china will have a long way to go before it attains 1/2 the standard of living in the united states. are you being truthful about your ties to china? i find your ignorance on the facts as very alarming. mind you....i'm not calling you an idiot....as you intimated in your post to me.........just ignorant.
If it makes you feel better to belive that, go ahead

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#22 Dec 12, 2012
truth Always beats lIes23 wrote:
<quoted text>Hate to hear facts as usual huh?
I have no problem with facts. It's the lies oozing from your keyboard that are disgusting.

You should be ordered to stay 500' away from grade schools.
truth Always beats lIes23

Covington, VA

#23 Dec 12, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with facts. It's the lies oozing from your keyboard that are disgusting.
You should be ordered to stay 500' away from grade schools.
Go hide behind another one of your names hasbarat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As Trump talks wall, China builds bridges to La... Nov 18 anonymous 7
News After Trump, Americans want Facebook and Google... Nov 17 Guarding the Guar... 2
News China Discovers the Price of Global Power: Sold... Nov 15 Hong Kong 1
News Anti-China lawmakers disqualified from Hong Kon... Nov 15 is it the Floride 1
News Katy Perry cancels Singles Day performance in C... Nov 10 Neville Thompson 1
News China effectively bars 2 Hong Kong lawmakers fr... Nov '16 FREE HONG KONG 1
News Hong Kong backs China bid to bar rebel lawmakers Nov '16 same many places 1
More from around the web