Google Tips Off Users in China

Full story: Wall Street Journal

Google has begun notifying users in China when they use search terms that can trigger China's Internet blocks, in its boldest challenge in two years to Beijing's efforts to restrict online content, Scott Austin reports on digits.
Comments
21 - 29 of 29 Comments Last updated Jan 11, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CommonSense

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

I meant to say "shouldn't he want more people to look him up" it shows he has more support.

I know the election itself is just a sham with no opposition.

Since: Jul 11

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

“Proud White Woman for life!”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

uncle fargo wrote:
<quoted text>How many times do I need to debunk this bullshit! Just for the experiment I even tried "Zoo XXX' and got forth thousand something sites! Just ask yourself where "Google" got its' seed money from. Not there is an eyeopener about freedom!! Except for FLG and some (but not all) "Free Tibet" sites I can get 99% of what I search for. The crap about the blocked internet is only ever told to us by people OUTSIDE China. Where again, aren't all the China experts all outside China?
Free southern Tibet!!
Just being "Devil's Advocate" here. How much are they paying you to say this, or are you thoroughly brainwashed? Or what are you being threatened with if you don't?
FOR REAL

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

We would ask the same of you. In ernest though.
Off-Topic Alert

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

old china wrote:
<quoted text>
It is probably not illegal to 'access' a blocked site it is only that they contain material that are considered subversive or harmful to minors.
How is the weather or movie reviews "subversive"?
Jay Leno

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

I wonder if the Chinese government is actually able to find successful, educated foreigners to write crap, instead of old senile Aussies who make tons of spelling and grammar mistakes. If their spelling and grammar are so terrible, their concept of ideas must be skewed as well. Only failures at home would leave 1st world countries to go live in such a crappy place.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

yeahyeahyeahyeahyeah
Asian Search Site

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

old china wrote:
<quoted text>
It is probably not illegal to 'access' a blocked site it is only that they contain material that are considered subversive or harmful to minors. To have a law that made 'access' illegal would be virtually impossible to enforce so a bad law and a block is a more civilised solution.
The other day a list of words was published that will get you added to a watch list in the USA if you use them on the internet. Based on some of the words used I can imagine that everybody in the USA must be under surveillance.
We now have a top website ranking in China with no problems due to censorship as prior years. Stan Krol CEO www.Texted.as ia or www.Texted.me
Tong Lee

Singapore, Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

For various costume jewellery, go to link,

http://e2one.impressiveproductstore.com

Have a good shopping !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories - China Discussions

Search the Top Stories - China Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
A money-making idea: Exporting Asian carp to China 10 hr Vvy 1
McDonald's, KFC operations in China affected by... 22 hr MatrixDecoder 3
McDonald's, KFC in China Face New Food Scandal Jul 21 Salmonella Anyone 1
China's Xi visits South Korea as ties strengthe... Jul 20 Russian Ainu 8
Police move in on Taiwan protest over China pact Jul 19 TW_sugar_daddio 12
In disputed sea, Vietnam and China play high-st... Jul 18 Confucius 2
China and Japan's 'war of words' Jul 16 SHlTWORMKOREA3DEAFNUVANSO 2
•••
•••