Hillary Clinton arrives in China

Hillary Clinton arrives in China

There are 9 comments on the The Washington Post story from Sep 4, 2012, titled Hillary Clinton arrives in China. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton arrived here Tuesday for what may be her last significant visit to China, and a final opportunity to explain and reinforce the Obama administration's complex approach to the U.S.-Sino relationship.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

TOTAL HUMILIATION

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Sep 4, 2012
SOOO, Clinton comes to China, hat in hand, on bended knee.

ROFLMMFAO!
its only started

United States

#2 Sep 4, 2012
shes not there to buy ,shes there to borrow.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#4 Sep 4, 2012
It is full of baloney of the Obama administration by saying "that the increased presence is not an attempt to contain China’s rise."

Who cares about it and what they (China)say as if every move China comes about is to explain the positioning? There needs no such dialogue.

To stand for the footing and viable interests based on principle,it is wrong to say such thing: "that the increased presence is not an attempt to contain China’s rise."

The following news report says:

Many countries in the region — uneasy with China’s growing economic and military clout — have clamored for an increased U.S. presence in Asia. U.S. officials have tried hard to project such an increase in the past year with their new policy of “pivoting” or “rebalancing” American focus from the Middle East.

At the same time, they have tried to convince the Chinese government that the increased presence is not an attempt to contain China’s rise.

Clinton’s overnight visit in Beijing will be no different. Among the thorniest topics she will have to tackle in meetings Wednesday are various territorial disputes that have become flash points between China and its neighbors.

On the South China Sea especially, China has been the most aggressive actor, claiming almost the entire disputed area and threatening other claimants diplomatically, economically and militarily.
Anti-virus

Sydney, Australia

#5 Sep 4, 2012
Sorry guys! I interrupt you!
Anti-virus

Sydney, Australia

#6 Sep 4, 2012
China announced and established the sovereignty over the South China Sea, it can verify in Frech history.
Ancient maps:
http://www.picturechina.com.cn/bbs/thread-155...
UK recognited the islands belong to China:
http://tupian.hudong.com/a4_20_22_01200000228...
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#7 Sep 4, 2012
There is nothing new coming from Obama,by betraying freedom around the world and within.

The failed direction and policies of Obama do show the weak image of US today, demonstrating being fragile and powerless.

It is full of baloney of the Obama administration by saying "that the increased presence is not an attempt to contain China’s rise."

Who cares about it and what they (China) say as if every move China comes about, is to respond to explain the positioning? There needs no such dialogue.

To stand for the footing and viable interests based on principle,it is wrong to say such thing: "that the increased presence is not an attempt to contain China’s rise."
Anti-virus

Sydney, Australia

#8 Sep 4, 2012
USA cant fight in middle east any more, the meaning she run around Asia is run away from terrorism. I believe no longer USA announce withdraw all the troops in middle east. I can say USA have no power to fight Syria and Iran or North Korea, the power left behind only for against China. She just want to have a sit in ASEAN UNITED, or sell weapons. Of course she hope Asian kill each others, but China still can control it, and the power of China is unknown. China is a country fought a lots of war, do you think China have nothing to fight over the Ocean? USA 2 hours attack..... I think F22 are more usefull. But China have the power to stop F22, if the Satelites of USA gone or destroy everythings will change.
Anti-virus

Sydney, Australia

#9 Sep 4, 2012
USA planning 2 hours can attack all the corners of the world but without Satelite it cant happen.
USA ignited the fire in Syria but they cant stop it, and run to Asia. The meaning of it are they cant stay in there anymore, the only thing she can do is run around China. The problems of them still a lots, such as she dont want to develop with China, and she chose the small countries. The world today is big bussiness or huge company, USA still like small bussiness and little shops. They also blind on the way, I believe the countries occupied china territories are illegal, but USA still want them to do illegal things, it mean corruption!
I hope USA dont ignite the fire in Asia, USA cant stop it. USA cant stop the fire in Syria, how can USA stop it in Asia? if it occur! If USA keep doing things wrong and irresponsible for it, how can you keep your heart healthy?
3OHA

San Jose, CA

#10 Sep 4, 2012
Home at last. Hillary has been a Maoist since her conspiracy days as a rabble rouser in Chicago with a bunch of dykes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alibaba vows to fight fakes - and China'sa (Jan '15) Apr 19 Jean12 6
News China's out-of-control space station may hit ea... Mar '18 danger Will Robinson 1
News China has found a new way to block banned words Mar '18 Mao 1
News Want to Buy a Luxury Hotel in the U.S.? Try Chi... Feb '18 sold out eh 1
News Bill Gates warns that China, other powers will ... Feb '18 Used to be a demo... 1
News 'Frost Boy' in China Warms Up the Internet, and... Jan '18 good on him vs 1
News Trial Over Theft of Wind Technology Spotlights ... Jan '18 1st was Japan now 1