NM fair booth pulls targets depicting bin Laden

Sep 22, 2012 Full story: CBS News 110

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. &#8212 A shooting gallery booth at the New Mexico State Fair has pulled targets depicting Osama bin Laden and other Arab-dressed figures after complaints that they were racist.

Full Story

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#25 Sep 24, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the far left ever knew. They think WE they U.S. is the terrorist nation.
Forgot about that...they agree with the terrorists that we're the great satan...well at least those that aren't progressive liberals anyway...they'd probobaly round us all up and give us up to them as some kind of twisted peace symbol of political correctness and "tolerance".

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#26 Sep 24, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgot about that...they agree with the terrorists that we're the great satan...well at least those that aren't progressive liberals anyway...they'd probobaly round us all up and give us up to them as some kind of twisted peace symbol of political correctness and "tolerance".
Wow! I mucked up that post. More coffee!

They think the U.S. is the terrorist nation!

I agree with your assessment that the left would round us up, but the irony there is that the terrorists would likely kill them first because they despise weakness.
Geez

Santa Fe, NM

#27 Sep 24, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>

you are so nuts!

Dread Pirate Roberts

#28 Sep 24, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! I mucked up that post. More coffee!
They think the U.S. is the terrorist nation!
I agree with your assessment that the left would round us up, but the irony there is that the terrorists would likely kill them first because they despise weakness.
I was just thinking the same thing...

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#29 Sep 24, 2012
Lol, I guess only white people are acceptable as targets<G>. Anything else is racist - Lol...

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#30 Sep 24, 2012
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure is, I've worked with emotionally disturbed children for quite some time now.
<quoted text>
No, there isn't; you are correct. However with my GPA, letters of recommendation, work experience, and so on, I've got a pretty good chance.
Well, welcome to the field.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#31 Sep 24, 2012
What's the point of having a Bin Laden target? The Navy Seals already converted him from terrorist to fish food.
911 was an inside job

Austin, TX

#32 Sep 25, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the far left ever knew. They think WE they U.S. is the terrorist nation.
I have no idea what the "far left" thinks, but the United States IS a terrorist nation. How many unprovoked wars of aggression has the U.S. launched recently? How many "lesser" acts of war does this nation engage in -- the kidnapping of "suspects" in violation of other nations' sovereignty, the torture, the murders and assassinations, including the overt special forces incursions and drone attacks that would no doubt be considered acts of war if the roles were reversed?

This nation has been training and arming mercenaries and paramilitary death squads for decades, and it is now using terror against its own citizens in an effort to gain public support for policies that would otherwise be unpopular, unconstitutional and immoral, the very definition of "terrorism."

Dread Pirate Roberts

#33 Sep 25, 2012
911 was an inside job wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what the "far left" thinks, but the United States IS a terrorist nation. How many unprovoked wars of aggression has the U.S. launched recently? How many "lesser" acts of war does this nation engage in -- the kidnapping of "suspects" in violation of other nations' sovereignty, the torture, the murders and assassinations, including the overt special forces incursions and drone attacks that would no doubt be considered acts of war if the roles were reversed?
This nation has been training and arming mercenaries and paramilitary death squads for decades, and it is now using terror against its own citizens in an effort to gain public support for policies that would otherwise be unpopular, unconstitutional and immoral, the very definition of "terrorism."
I really can't argue with this actually...TSA for example...Patriot Act...

Dread Pirate Roberts

#34 Sep 25, 2012
Lobo Viejo wrote:
What's the point of having a Bin Laden target? The Navy Seals already converted him from terrorist to fish food.
It's what Bin Laden represents...everyone back in World War II would do the same with Hitler or Mussolini and Nazi's...

Location hidden

#35 Sep 25, 2012
<quoted text>
Well...I rest my case.

Al Quaeda came to us. If the nations harboring them aren't willing to take care of the matter, then it is the duty of our Federal Government to do so.

When we are attacked, you are either with us, or against us.

I'd like to see the examples of "terrorism" used against our own citizens. And sorry, 9/11 doesn't apply, since I don't buy for a moment that it was an "inside job".

Location hidden

#36 Sep 25, 2012
In some states it is against the law to have a target that looks/is pictured as a person/human being. No human silhouette targets. We don't want to encourage people to shoot people. Bambi targets are OK. What about Zombies?

http://www.usacarry.com/do-you-shoot-human-li...

Look to Utah. Mormon country.

In Massachusetts, only public safety officers can use "targets that depict human figures, human effigies, human silhouettes or any human images thereof..." A shooting club can have their license revoked for any violation of these provisions.
911 was an inside job

Austin, TX

#37 Sep 25, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...I rest my case.
Al Quaeda came to us. If the nations harboring them aren't willing to take care of the matter, then it is the duty of our Federal Government to do so.
When we are attacked, you are either with us, or against us.
I'd like to see the examples of "terrorism" used against our own citizens. And sorry, 9/11 doesn't apply, since I don't buy for a moment that it was an "inside job".
"Al Qaeda" was BIRTHED by the U.S.(look up Operation Cyclone), and it remains an instrument of U.S. foreign -- and occasionally domestic -- policy to this day. If you believe the official fable regarding "al Qaeda" hijackers in the 9/11 attacks, then perhaps you can explain why our own military hasn't suffered any consequences for "harboring" the alleged 9/11 hijackers in places like Pensacola Naval Air Station and Maxwell AFB, etc.(see this Newsweek article as one example:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2001/09... ).

We've also had some high-level "al Qaeda" operatives roaming freely across this nation, like for example Ali Mohamed, who was a CIA asset, FBI informant, naturalized American citizen, U.S. Army officer and Special Forces Instructor at the JFK Special Warfare School at Fort Bragg, AS WELL AS a recruiter for "al Qaeda" in New York City, trainer of the alleged perpetrators of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, trainer of bin Laden's body guards and other high-level "AQ" operatives, planner of the African Embassy bombings, etc. Should we bomb Fort Bragg?

See http://www.historycommons.org/entity.jsp...

These days, American and NATO bombs are opening doors for "al Qaeda" that were previously devoid of these "terrorists." Iraq did not have an "al Qaeda" presence before the U.S. invasion and occupation, and more recently, this "al Qaeda" flag flying over a courthouse in Benghazi, Libya could have never happened under Qaddafi: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/afr...

As far as U.S.-sponsored terrorism against its own citizens, I think "Operation Fast and Furious" is one example that no one will deny was perpetrated by our own federal agencies and has resulted in deaths on our side of the border as well as in Mexico.

The 9/11 attack is another spectacular example of domestic terrorism involving Federal agencies, but for some reason you don't want to look at that...(I guess it takes courage to follow the evidence to inescapable conclusions).

And there's the Oklahoma City bombing, which, like the attack on the World Trade Center in 2001, required pre-positioned charges in buildings with restricted access to effect the level of destruction and damage pattern that we witnessed and that were completely inconsistent with the official narrative.(Look up Air Force Brigadier General Benton Partin's bomb damage assessment of the Murrah Building or the "Blast Effects Study" performed at Eglin Air Force Base which rule out a truck bomb/single-point-blast as the cause of the building's damage and casualties).

And the 1993 World Trade Center bombing was at minimum allowed to happen (if not instigated by) agencies like the FBI and the New York District Attorney's office, who had "informants" like the FBI's Emad Salem and the aforementioned Ali Mohamed playing key roles in the "terrorist" cell...

And when you hear of some FBI "success" in derailing some "al Qaeda" cell plot, there's a good chance that at its core is an FBI informant/instigator providing the ideas/motivation/funding to a bunch of low-level morons who could have never pulled off the operation by themselves and, likely, would have never had the desire to... See, for example, this New York Times article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opinion/sun...

Location hidden

#38 Sep 25, 2012
<quoted text>
"Al Qaeda" was BIRTHED by the U.S.(look up Operation Cyclone), and it remains an instrument of U.S. foreign -- and occasionally domestic -- policy to this day. If you believe the official fable regarding "al Qaeda" hijackers in the 9/11 attacks, then perhaps you can explain why our own military hasn't suffered any consequences for "harboring" the alleged 9/11 hijackers in places like Pensacola Naval Air Station and Maxwell AFB, etc.(see this Newsweek article as one example:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2001/09... ).
We've also had some high-level "al Qaeda" operatives roaming freely across this nation, like for example Ali Mohamed, who was a CIA asset, FBI informant, naturalized American citizen, U.S. Army officer and Special Forces Instructor at the JFK Special Warfare School at Fort Bragg, AS WELL AS a recruiter for "al Qaeda" in New York City, trainer of the alleged perpetrators of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, trainer of bin Laden's body guards and other high-level "AQ" operatives, planner of the African Embassy bombings, etc. Should we bomb Fort Bragg?
See http://www.historycommons.org/entity.jsp...
These days, American and NATO bombs are opening doors for "al Qaeda" that were previously devoid of these "terrorists." Iraq did not have an "al Qaeda" presence before the U.S. invasion and occupation, and more recently, this "al Qaeda" flag flying over a courthouse in Benghazi, Libya could have never happened under Qaddafi: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/afr...
As far as U.S.-sponsored terrorism against its own citizens, I think "Operation Fast and Furious" is one example that no one will deny was perpetrated by our own federal agencies and has resulted in deaths on our side of the border as well as in Mexico.
The 9/11 attack is another spectacular example of domestic terrorism involving Federal agencies, but for some reason you don't want to look at that...(I guess it takes courage to follow the evidence to inescapable conclusions).
And there's the Oklahoma City bombing, which, like the attack on the World Trade Center in 2001, required pre-positioned charges in buildings with restricted access to effect the level of destruction and damage pattern that we witnessed and that were completely inconsistent with the official narrative.(Look up Air Force Brigadier General Benton Partin's bomb damage assessment of the Murrah Building or the "Blast Effects Study" performed at Eglin Air Force Base which rule out a truck bomb/single-point-blast as the cause of the building's damage and casualties).
And the 1993 World Trade Center bombing was at minimum allowed to happen (if not instigated by) agencies like the FBI and the New York District Attorney's office, who had "informants" like the FBI's Emad Salem and the aforementioned Ali Mohamed playing key roles in the "terrorist" cell...
And when you hear of some FBI "success" in derailing some "al Qaeda" cell plot, there's a good chance that at its core is an FBI informant/instigator providing the ideas/motivation/funding to a bunch of low-level morons who could have never pulled off the operation by themselves and, likely, would have never had the desire to... See, for example, this New York Times article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opinion/sun...
dpb

Westcliffe, CO

#39 Sep 25, 2012
Your "zone" for sure cary. <snicker>
911 was an inside job

Austin, TX

#40 Sep 25, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XVSRm80WzZkXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
dpb

Westcliffe, CO

#41 Sep 25, 2012
LMAO -- Great Response!

Location hidden

#42 Sep 25, 2012
911 was not a pithy editor and so he lost his job.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#43 Sep 25, 2012
<quoted text>
My hypothesis is that people like you never got over the shock and horror of realizing that Santa Claus was just a sophisticated hoax that you fell for. And now you see conspiracies behind every shadow.
911 was an inside job

Austin, TX

#44 Sep 25, 2012
Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
My hypothesis is that people like you never got over the shock and horror of realizing that Santa Claus was just a sophisticated hoax that you fell for. And now you see conspiracies behind every shadow.
If you think the "Santa Claus hoax" is sophisticated, it's no wonder that the notion of "false flag operations" eludes you, despite the preponderance of evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Bin Laden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did enhanced interrogation help the CIA find Os... Dec 11 lol 2
Romney 'applauds' Obama for Osama bin Laden raid (May '12) Nov '14 Bruno24 50
Push to declassify more documents seized from b... (Jun '13) Apr '14 swedenforever 4
Bergen: Pakistan hid Bin Laden? Prove it (Mar '14) Mar '14 Quagmire 12
Pakistan reduces sentence for doctor accused of... (Mar '14) Mar '14 PAKIs_TALK_OUT_OF... 4
NY Jury Selection Starts for Bin Laden Son-in-Law (Mar '14) Mar '14 Clintons NEED A T... 3
Order: Destroy pics of bin Laden's body (Feb '14) Feb '14 mjjcpa 1
More from around the web