Bush: Not - overjoyed' by bin Laden death

There are 20 comments on the May 13, 2011, The Washington Post story titled Bush: Not - overjoyed' by bin Laden death. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

George W. Bush says he was "not overjoyed" when President Barack Obama told him Osama bin Laden was dead because the campaign to track down the al-Qaida leader was done not "out of hatred, but to exact judgment." The former president who initiated the hunt for bin Laden after 9/11 made his first candid public comments on bin Laden's killing ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Two stones with one bird”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#1 May 13, 2011
Maybe not "overyjoyed," but happy nonetheless...
BOBBY

Rogers, AR

#2 May 13, 2011
Not happy Bo Ho Bo Hooooo how come the GOP is not able to keep another promise like everything the GOP has done under baby Bush the Deserter.
Karma Kazee

Palo Cedro, CA

#3 May 13, 2011
...happy because his patsy is dead.
doosh bag

Tupper Lake, NY

#4 May 13, 2011
Bin Laden is Barrack Hussein Obama's re-election ticket. His execution violated everything left wing liberalism espouses. What an enema.

Location hidden

#5 May 13, 2011
Well, it didn't take long for you lunatics to turn this thread into another pointless, political squabble. Congrats.

“YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO ”

Since: Mar 09

NOT BE OFFENDED

#6 May 13, 2011
President Bush is a humble, decent man unlike All Barack, All the time...me, me, its all about ME!!!!
Mantis

United States

#7 May 13, 2011
Sure he is....LOL !!!

“I See.”

Since: Aug 10

Minneapolis

#8 May 14, 2011
Martyr Machine wrote:
Maybe not "overyjoyed," but happy nonetheless...
My youngest daughter was in Manhattan on 9/11/01.
Fortunately she wasn't hurt. But I am OVERJOYED that
the sonofabitch is dead.
Give the Seal who offed him the $25 million reward.
He earned it; he deserves it- no different than the Lottery.
Wall Street Government

Vero Beach, FL

#9 May 14, 2011
. "The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." --Washington, D.C., Sept. 13, 2001

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." --Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

"So what?" –President Bush, responding to a an ABC News correspondent who pointed out that Al Qaeda wasn't a threat in Iraq until after the U.S. invaded, Dec. 14, 2008
"Can we win? I don't think you can win it." --after being asked whether the war on terror was winnable, "Today" show interview, Aug. 30, 2004
911 was an inside job

Austin, TX

#10 May 14, 2011
iMonk wrote:
<quoted text>
My youngest daughter was in Manhattan on 9/11/01.
Fortunately she wasn't hurt. But I am OVERJOYED that
the sonofabitch is dead.
Give the Seal who offed him the $25 million reward.
He earned it; he deserves it- no different than the Lottery.
Seems like you'd be interested in who the REAL culprits are. THESE family members are still looking for answers:

&

Location hidden

#11 May 14, 2011
Wall Street Government wrote:
. "The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." --Washington, D.C., Sept. 13, 2001
"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." --Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002
"So what?" –President Bush, responding to a an ABC News correspondent who pointed out that Al Qaeda wasn't a threat in Iraq until after the U.S. invaded, Dec. 14, 2008
"Can we win? I don't think you can win it." --after being asked whether the war on terror was winnable, "Today" show interview, Aug. 30, 2004
What message are you trying to send by posting out of context quotes?

Are you suggesting that priorities never change? Are you suggesting that there is some method to eliminate every extremist on earth? Are you suggesting that new threats don't emerge?

It sounds to me like that is what your pathetic collection of quotes is trying to suggest holistically.

To that end, my response is that you are a brainwashed idiot. Welocme to the real world. Things change all the time here and there is no way to force everyone to get along.

Our military doesn't fight "home" games; we only fight "away" games.
911 was an inside job

Austin, TX

#12 May 14, 2011
Martyr Machine wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting that priorities never change? Are you suggesting that there is some method to eliminate every extremist on earth? Are you suggesting that new threats don't emerge?
It sounds to me like that is what your pathetic collection of quotes is trying to suggest holistically.
To that end, my response is that you are a brainwashed idiot. Welocme to the real world. Things change all the time here and there is no way to force everyone to get along.
Speaking of "games," you boys are expendable pawns. How does that make you feel?

Location hidden

#13 May 14, 2011
911 was an inside job wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of "games," you boys are expendable pawns. How does that make you feel?
You being an POS has absolutely no impact on me. Thanks for asking though.
Wall Street Government

Vero Beach, FL

#14 May 14, 2011
Martyr Machine wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of context? Then you must have the "correct" ones? Why would the priority of capturing or killing Osama Bin Laden, change? No I'm not suggesting there is ANY method to exterminate every extremist. New threats emerge every day, a lot orchestrated by Bin Laden. "Brainwashed Idiot"? You're the one in the sandbox, not me. "There is no way to force everyone to get along", Isn't that what you're trying to do? We shouldn't be fighting ANY games in the middle east period, as my cousin found out the hard way(1981-2005).
911 was an inside job

Austin, TX

#15 May 14, 2011
Martyr Machine wrote:
<quoted text>
You being an POS has absolutely no impact on me. Thanks for asking though.
“Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy.”- Henry Kissinger, perennial architect of U.S. foreign policy
911 was an inside job

Austin, TX

#16 May 14, 2011
Martyr Machine wrote:
Is that your explanation for how 19 smallish men armed with box-cutters pulled off a two-hour long attack on 9/11, including a successful strike on our nation's military headquarters almost an hour and a half into the attack, and our multi-trillion dollar military apparently succeeded in defending absolutely nothing?
LOL

Tampa, FL

#17 May 14, 2011
Not overjoyed by a ghetto style home invasion murder on foreign soil by a U.S. president......

why thats terrible......I suppose he doesn't agree with obama's campaign tampering and birbes either....
shiloh

Willis, TX

#18 May 14, 2011
911 was an inside job wrote:
<quoted text>
“Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy.”- Henry Kissinger, perennial architect of U.S. foreign policy
Hey dickwad----did 'yo momma have you in the confines of a zoo or a veterinarian lab??
Walker

Palo Cedro, CA

#19 May 14, 2011
shiloh wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dickwad----did 'yo momma have you in the confines of a zoo or a veterinarian lab??
...and again, Kissingers point is proved, once more.
Common Sense

Saint Marys, OH

#20 May 14, 2011
Who really cares what George W. Bush thinks? He did a terrible job as President. Why don't the media ask the families of 9/11 how they feel about Bin Laden being dead? That means a lot more than a past Republican President's opinion. Do you really think he would give credit to President Obama? NO REPUBLICAN will give credit to President Obama, they are to worried about THEIR PARTY POLITICS! God Bless America!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Bin Laden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Did enhanced interrogation help the CIA find Os... Dec '14 lol 2
News Romney 'applauds' Obama for Osama bin Laden raid (May '12) Nov '14 Bruno24 50
News Push to declassify more documents seized from b... (Jun '13) Apr '14 swedenforever 4
News Bergen: Pakistan hid Bin Laden? Prove it (Mar '14) Mar '14 Quagmire 12
News Pakistan reduces sentence for doctor accused of... (Mar '14) Mar '14 PAKIs_TALK_OUT_OF... 4
News NY Jury Selection Starts for Bin Laden Son-in-Law (Mar '14) Mar '14 Clintons NEED A T... 3
News Order: Destroy pics of bin Laden's body (Feb '14) Feb '14 mjjcpa 1
More from around the web