Too early to call AIG bailout a success

Too early to call AIG bailout a success

There are 1 comment on the Fortune story from Dec 11, 2012, titled Too early to call AIG bailout a success. In it, Fortune reports that:

The U.S. Treasury is finally ridding itself of AIG stock, four long years after the government's bailout escalated to $182 billion, after AIG continued paying bonuses when it shouldn't have, and after enraged taxpayers lobbed death threats at executives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fortune.

porkie the piggy

United States

#1 Dec 11, 2012
the government ,IRA,wall street ,TRIAD is putting it in every fund in the triad..for safe keeping..., hahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - AIG Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News AIG argues against $8.5 billion settlement with... (Jun '13) Sep '13 dariusrickard 4
News Video: Moneywatch: Will AIG sue the U.S. govern... (Jan '13) Jan '13 join a real program 1
News AIG reportedly won't join lawsuit (Jan '13) Jan '13 Undercover Brother 2
News News Summary: Treasury sells remaining 234.2M s... (Dec '12) Dec '12 equote 1
News Treasury receives $2.7B from latest AIG share sale (Sep '12) Oct '12 test 2
News AIG raises $37B from Alico sale, IPO (Nov '10) Nov '10 feck em 1
News DealBook: Greenberg Is No Fan of A.I.G.'s Plan (Oct '10) Oct '10 Obviously 1
More from around the web