US deaths in Afghanistan raise doubts...

US deaths in Afghanistan raise doubts about reliability of most important US ally in war

There are 87 comments on the The Washington Post story from Feb 25, 2012, titled US deaths in Afghanistan raise doubts about reliability of most important US ally in war. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

The shooting deaths of two U.S. military advisers in the Afghan capital and the quick decision to pull coalition personnel from all government ministries injected a sobering measure of doubt about the reliability of the most important U.S. ally in the war.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#1 Feb 25, 2012
What war? I can recall no declaration of a war.

“Pardon my nosiness ”

Since: May 07

London, England

#2 Feb 25, 2012
Kenhunt wrote:
Exactly right! America hasn't had a declaration of War since WW2.
The US, UK, and Nato should get the hell out of the Middle-East, unless there is an actual attack on US or UK sovereign soil.
Take Iraq for instance, 4,500 US lives lost and for what, the country still hates America and is more in bed with Iran than any other country around - what a waste.

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#3 Feb 25, 2012
reza june wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly right! America hasn't had a declaration of War since WW2.
The US, UK, and Nato should get the hell out of the Middle-East, unless there is an actual attack on US or UK sovereign soil.
Take Iraq for instance, 4,500 US lives lost and for what, the country still hates America and is more in bed with Iran than any other country around - what a waste.
You may have missed the direct attack on US soil on 9-11-2001. Google it. I am not sure isolationism such as you suggest is the smartest thing to do either.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#4 Feb 25, 2012
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have missed the direct attack on US soil on 9-11-2001. Google it. I am not sure isolationism such as you suggest is the smartest thing to do either.
We went into Afghanistan to avenge those responsible. Mission: Accomplished! Al-qaeda has been decimated, their leadership has been killed or captured, and bin Laden ended up as Fish Chow. It's time to get our troops out of there and honor them in 101 victory parades in our largest cities.

Nobody has successfully occupied Afghanistan since Alexander the Great, and there's nothing there worth occupying.
Karol

Czeladz, Poland

#5 Feb 25, 2012
has usa any values?

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#6 Feb 25, 2012
...and if there's any loose ends to tend to, we have Seal Teams to go back & take care of business.
Robert

Dallas, TX

#7 Feb 25, 2012
PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>We went into Afghanistan to avenge those responsible. Mission: Accomplished! Al-qaeda has been decimated, their leadership has been killed or captured, and bin Laden ended up as Fish Chow. It's time to get our troops out of there and honor them in 101 victory parades in our largest cities.

Nobody has successfully occupied Afghanistan since Alexander the Great, and there's nothing there worth occupying.
OMG I agree with Poo Poo Platter, that's it I can't take topic any more

“Pardon my nosiness ”

Since: May 07

London, England

#8 Feb 25, 2012
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't miss that horrific tragedy, but as I recall the event the perpetrators were Saudis, not Iranians, Iraqis or even Afghanis. There was no connection with any of those countries other than the fact that Bin Laden (who was a Saudi) moved to Afghanistan and then moved to Pakistan.
Are we any better off now for invading and occupying Iraq and Afghanistan other than costing the American taxpayer over a trillion dollars.
The British learnt 100 years ago that it didn't pay to be policeman of the world, in the end they, the world's greatest superpower at the time, had to pull out of Afghanistan.

Ron Paul is correct in his thinking that the world should handle their own affairs no matter how onerous they seem to us.
Unless a sovereign power attacks US soil,(which btw didn't happen in 9/11) then we should use all our might and affect a regime change.

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#9 Feb 25, 2012
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG I agree with Poo Poo Platter, that's it I can't take topic any more
Only be concerned if it happens frequently.

The laws of large numbers suggest a couple of times 'ol PooPoo hits the mark...
Susan Rothman

Long Beach, CA

#10 Feb 25, 2012
Bring our troops home NOW. Let the mentally disturbed islamic freaks slit each others throats until the last one is gone.
TedsLiver

San Lorenzo, CA

#11 Feb 25, 2012
They were never allies, just scum bags.
Robert

Dallas, TX

#12 Feb 25, 2012
PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>Only be concerned if it happens frequently.

The laws of large numbers suggest a couple of times 'ol PooPoo hits the mark...
Ok I'll go back to attacking your post later.

I am sick of this, we need to leave Afghanistan. If we leave tomorrow or ten years from now the situation will remain the same . The blood of our soldiers is a finite and precious resource not to be wasted in that place.

The Russians ended up just walking away from that place and leaving everything they brought they were so sick of it .

They are not our friends, don't want us there they only want our money. Let's go.
drink the hive

New York, NY

#13 Feb 25, 2012
Rommel

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Feb 25, 2012
Kenhunt wrote:
Oh yes. BloBama has declared war on the world especially the USA. He is especially pissed about the burning the Koran which is his bible.
BalackJomama

Toronto, Canada

#15 Feb 25, 2012
Hmm, maybe I should apologize for America some more.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#16 Feb 25, 2012
That is hilarious that anyone would ever think we have any allies in Afghanistan.

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#17 Feb 25, 2012
PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>
We went into Afghanistan to avenge those responsible. Mission: Accomplished! Al-qaeda has been decimated, their leadership has been killed or captured, and bin Laden ended up as Fish Chow. It's time to get our troops out of there and honor them in 101 victory parades in our largest cities.
You can occupy anything if you are willing to wage a real war to accomplish it.
We went into Afghanistan to win hearts and minds, a sure fire formula for long expensive wars and large numbers of dead and maimed serviceman/women.
I hate to say it, I agree with Poo Poo.
Rommel

Denmark

#18 Feb 25, 2012
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
You can occupy anything if you are willing to wage a real war to accomplish it.
We went into Afghanistan to win hearts and minds, a sure fire formula for long expensive wars and large numbers of dead and maimed serviceman/women.
I hate to say it, I agree with Poo Poo.
We are not in Afghanistan to win hearts and minds. Afghanistan is a Heroin war nothing more nothing less. The pockets of many a liberal politician has been lined with millions at the expense of our young men and women. A disgusting display of arrogance from a prop of a president.
Odumbas s Policies

Landisburg, PA

#19 Feb 25, 2012
My God,so do I this time.
Rommel

Anonymous Proxy

#20 Feb 25, 2012
PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>
You worthless turd! I prefer when you post as your alter EGO Marine Patty. Wow are you stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Afghanistan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Contributing Op-Ed Writer: When America and Pak... Jan 15 Gov Corbutt of th... 2
News Pence makes surprise visit to Afghanistan for w... Dec 22 Trump is a joke 12
News China and Pakistan take swipes at Trump's Afgha... Sep '17 Jeff Brightone 2
News Trevor Noah ridicules 'Mr. Pizza Hut' Trump's A... Aug '17 what he gonna do now 1
News Army sergeant's truck stolen while he's serving... (Jul '17) Jul '17 sad 1
News Mistaken paint jobs blamed after dozens of U.S.... (Jun '17) Jun '17 No wonder 1
News Analysis: Afghanistan strike may boost Trump, s... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Blue America 25
More from around the web