Bangkok: McDonald's Has a Monopoly on...

Bangkok: McDonald's Has a Monopoly on Airport Food in the BKK Domestic Terminal

There are 6 comments on the Jaunted story from Oct 5, 2011, titled Bangkok: McDonald's Has a Monopoly on Airport Food in the BKK Domestic Terminal. In it, Jaunted reports that:

Flying domestic in Thailand through Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport ? You've got one choice for grabbing some food in the terminal, and we're not kidding.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jaunted.

Wattaman

Thailand

#1 Oct 5, 2011
Damn, and I don't even like McD
More Thai

Central District, Hong Kong

#2 Oct 8, 2011
Thailand needs to be represented at a Thai airport...don't let McDonalds feed us all that transfat junk when you can have healthy good Thai food.
Rays in Laos

Bangkok, Thailand

#3 Oct 8, 2011
The real monopoly at the airport is KINGS POWER. The own the lease on ALL the square meters for retail. The charge stupidly high rent and take somethong like 20% of the top (gross). Not surprisingly has Thaksin ties.....
Khamdee

Sherwood Park, Canada

#4 Oct 8, 2011
More Thai wrote:
Thailand needs to be represented at a Thai airport...don't let McDonalds feed us all that transfat junk when you can have healthy good Thai food.
Wrong Airport!!
I can show you if you are not blind !!

Fastfood outlets

Other than international brands like Burger King, Dairy Queen and Siamese pizza chain The Pizza Company, there are several other venues where you can grab a quick meal before your flight.

However, some of the places offer what you may only consider as a stomach-filler rather than a palate-pleaser. Chow and Haru seemed to serve up quick Chinese dishes served by scoop, while Pitcher and Plane is more of a sandwich corner, and the mini food-court-likeBillion Zone is the place where you may find a porkballs noodle stall among a few other stalls.

Snack and deli corners, coffee shops, juice bars and ice cream parlours

Caffeine-addicted travellers will never feel drowsy thanks to these coffee joints. Proudly representing Thailand are local favourite homegrown brands Caffe Nero by Black Canyon, Doi Tung Coffee and Coffee World, among others.

There's also the world's most popular cafe, Starbucks and the British high quality tea and bakery shop Whittard of Chelsea.

For ice cream fans and kids, Iberry and The Cream & Fudge Factory are where you can enjoy wide varieties of fruit sorbet as well as counter-fried ice cream - that's what Bangkok teenagers currently cherish.

The Miracle by Louis' Tavern, Bakery Chic and Cafe de Suvarnabhumi are among several other places to be checked out.
REALITY

Bangkok, Thailand

#5 Oct 13, 2011
Khamdee wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Airport!!
I can show you if you are not blind !!
Fastfood outlets
Other than international brands like Burger King, Dairy Queen and Siamese pizza chain The Pizza Company, there are several other venues where you can grab a quick meal before your flight.
However, some of the places offer what you may only consider as a stomach-filler rather than a palate-pleaser. Chow and Haru seemed to serve up quick Chinese dishes served by scoop, while Pitcher and Plane is more of a sandwich corner, and the mini food-court-likeBillion Zone is the place where you may find a porkballs noodle stall among a few other stalls.
Snack and deli corners, coffee shops, juice bars and ice cream parlours
Caffeine-addicted travellers will never feel drowsy thanks to these coffee joints. Proudly representing Thailand are local favourite homegrown brands Caffe Nero by Black Canyon, Doi Tung Coffee and Coffee World, among others.
There's also the world's most popular cafe, Starbucks and the British high quality tea and bakery shop Whittard of Chelsea.
For ice cream fans and kids, Iberry and The Cream & Fudge Factory are where you can enjoy wide varieties of fruit sorbet as well as counter-fried ice cream - that's what Bangkok teenagers currently cherish.
The Miracle by Louis' Tavern, Bakery Chic and Cafe de Suvarnabhumi are among several other places to be checked out.
One unit of junk food compare with Thai dish(Khao Kaeng),I
think Khao Kaeng or other dish of Thai food has more quality.

Several kinds of Thai food are presented in Suwannabhum Air Port,
but too spicy.

I think Thai food must be separated to two parts.
One is for who loves spice and spicy (SEA,South Asia,Middle East
and may be Mexican).
Another is for Chinese, Japanese Europian and other who dislike
spicy food.
Mag

Vancouver, Canada

#6 Nov 7, 2011
People still eat that garbage?????????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phuket, Thailand Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Worksop: Dentist awarded MBE in Queen's Birthda... Jun 30 tom 1
News Bangladeshi PM: 'Punish' exiting migrants May '15 Your Ex 1
News Australian victims of the 2004 tsunami (Dec '14) Dec '14 Kate 6
News Disaster amnesia' eclipses 2004 tsunami lessons (Dec '14) Dec '14 Willy 1
News Vietnam trawlers, 30 crew seized (Dec '14) Dec '14 meaningless 5
News 5.3 earthquake felt in Phuket (Oct '14) Oct '14 interestin soundi... 1
www.rihannaproperty.com (Oct '14) Oct '14 Rihanna 1
More from around the web