Breaking Down Why US Men's Tennis Has...

Breaking Down Why US Men's Tennis Has Struggled Since Sampras and Agassi Left

There are 1 comment on the BleacherReport story from Sep 21, 2012, titled Breaking Down Why US Men's Tennis Has Struggled Since Sampras and Agassi Left. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

From the time the ATP began the modern ranking system in 1973 until Roddick became world No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

Jack Edwards

Richland, WA

#1 Sep 21, 2012
I can think of a dozen reasons why the US Tennis is not doing very well. The main reason is the TV coverage, which not only has been declining, but is also very poor. Another reason is that tennis has become boring. The racquet technologhy has shortened rallies, created too many boring aces, and watching players towel off after every point slows down the game to a snail's pace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wimbledon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bizarre British victory as umpire smashed in face Feb 7 LinePhartzz 9
News Can Murray top golden year at US Open? (Aug '16) Aug '16 humphreyz 1
News Serena Williams Wins Rio Opener; 1st Match Sinc... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Blink 3
News Davis Cup: Argentina advances to 11th semis in ... (Jul '16) Jul '16 filip3ff 1
News Murray to play for Britain in Davis Cup quarter... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Kosovo is Serbia 1
News US tennis fan's spontaneous 36-hour Wimbledon t... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Baptistism by Proxy 2
News Grigor Dimitrov: I won't look into my Wimbledon... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Messi and deliberate 1
More from around the web