Sharapova looking forward to renew ri...

Sharapova looking forward to renew rivalry with Serena

There are 1 comment on the The Straits Times story from Jul 25, 2011, titled Sharapova looking forward to renew rivalry with Serena. In it, The Straits Times reports that:

THE prospect of renewing her long rivalry with Serena Williams has provided Maria Sharapova with added incentive to win this week's Stanford Classic.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Straits Times.

Tony

Guelph, Canada

#1 Jul 26, 2011
Sharapova is one of the most inconsistent tennis players. She could beat or lose at any time to any woman player in the top 100. She should not put the rivalry with Serena in her mind, but her own serve, especially her 2nd serve. Sharapova was never a threat to Serena, when the latter was reasonably healthy. Of course, there are a lot of women players equally shaky. It is sometime painful for me to watch woman tennis nowadays.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Serena Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Serena Williams wants her child to be a 'strong... Jun '17 BePhartr 4
News John McEnroe: Serena Williams world's best fema... Jun '17 ThePhart 3
News Tennis legend's ugly racism against Serena Apr '17 Heard phartz 2
News Serena Williams: 'If I were a man,' I would hav... (Dec '16) Dec '16 HombreMan 1
Kerber wins!!!!! (Jan '16) Sep '16 tanner 3
News No. 1 Justine Henin retires from tennis immedia... (May '08) Sep '16 izakwalz 62
News Serena Williams Wins Rio Opener; 1st Match Sinc... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Blink 3
More from around the web