Serena pokes fun at '09 foot fault de...

Serena pokes fun at '09 foot fault debacle in ad

There are 3 comments on the CBS News story from Jul 25, 2011, titled Serena pokes fun at '09 foot fault debacle in ad. In it, CBS News reports that:

Serena Williams gives advice -- and a new racket -- to struggling club player in a new Wilson tennis commercial These days, when pesky reporters ask her about her 2009 U.S. Open foot fault debacle, Serena Williams airily professes to memory loss.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

Ricardo

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 Jul 26, 2011
I'm sure her PR people told her to "play nice" during her down time banking on people's short memories. But you have to know that the excessively aggressive, mean spirited attitude is barely under wraps till next time. May she worship herself, all her trophies, and her outlandish clothing. You have to be just as rude to miss her.

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, Ohio

#2 Jul 26, 2011
Ricardo wrote:
I'm sure her PR people told her to "play nice" during her down time banking on people's short memories. But you have to know that the excessively aggressive, mean spirited attitude is barely under wraps till next time. May she worship herself, all her trophies, and her outlandish clothing. You have to be just as rude to miss her.
I guess all of us were just as "rude" when McEnroe took a break in his career and came back, right?

You DO understand that many past (and present) greats have suffered through on-court outbursts. Serena Williams was not the first, the last, or the only, tennis player to do so. The list of well-known tennis players to suffer on-court meltdowns is long and includes: Ilie Nastase, Jimmy Connors, John McEnroe, and Lleyton Hewitt. Even Roger Federer was cursing at the umpire in the '09 US Open.

It happens. Get a grip and deal with it.
dalex

Ottawa, Canada

#3 Aug 13, 2011
Ricardo wrote:
Women tennis without Serena means nothing, zero, love.

Martina Navratilova can attest to that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Serena Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Serena Williams: 'If I were a man,' I would hav... Dec 28 HombreMan 1
Kerber wins!!!!! (Jan '16) Sep '16 tanner 3
News No. 1 Justine Henin retires from tennis immedia... (May '08) Sep '16 izakwalz 62
News Serena Williams Wins Rio Opener; 1st Match Sinc... Aug '16 Blink 3
News Serena Williams Bikini Pics, Sex On Dubai Beach... (Nov '08) Jun '16 Pete 24
News Serena Williams Withdraws From Madrid, Her Thir... (May '16) May '16 bardougle 1
News Serena Williams, Novak Djokovic are delayed but... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Fart news 2
More from around the web