Serena Williams out at Wimbledon

Jun 27, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WLFI-TV West Lafayette

Defending champion Serena Williams was eliminated by Marion Bartoli 6-3, 7-6 in the fourth round of Wimbledon on Monday, cutting short her return to Grand Slam tennis after nearly a year out with serious health problems.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jun 28, 2011
Ricardo

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 Jun 27, 2011
Even the best have be fit and competition toughened. It is not clear if they were convinced to sacrifice themselves to sell more tickets. At least Wimbledon has enough control that the sisters wore more tasteful attire than usual and no outbursts about line calls from Serena. They are too good to totally leave tennis until they want to. If they don't get too lost in their outside interests, we have not seen the last of them. Since money so motivates their father, it makes one wonder why he doesn't start a school like Boleterri's. Lots of money could be made. He sure did a good job with his girls and takes an active interest in them.

“"Education is the Key"”

Since: Dec 09

Sherman Oaks, CA

#2 Jun 28, 2011
I'm sure that Serena Williams will go home, lick her wounds, and return as valiant as ever!
Anne

Garrett, IN

#3 Jun 28, 2011
Serena did well to get that far as for Venus I don't know what to make of her losing to all of these low rank players. She needs to practice more she is not playing like the old Venus she did better when her whole thigh was tape up . Why is it that espn announcers talk more when they lose than when they win. Pam I heard you and Mary Jo say that Venus needs to lose 15 pounds and that Serena needs to lose weight. You both need to lose weight and need botox. It is very obvious that you both don't like them. You both are racist I have been listening to you for years talk negative about them and to Pam Shriver so what Venus is President of her own company you need to get a life and quit being noisy about what they do outside of tennis. You certainly don't say anything about Maria Pova or Nadal or roger.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Serena Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Serena the singer? Tennis star does karaoke Aug 21 ibu kumala 1
Serena Williams wins Cincinnati Open Aug 18 Marine Scout Sniper 1
Serena Williams' strange Wimbledon exit Jul '14 Marty 4
Serena Williams Bikini Pics, Sex On Dubai Beach... (Nov '08) Jun '14 Joshuaka 23
Halep too strong for Watson May '14 Terry Thomas 1
Trending Now: Serena Williams eliminated at Fre... May '14 Snap 1
Andy Murray happy to be back in South Florida a... Mar '14 catherine e barnes 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Serena Williams People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••