Michael Jordan and Serena Williams sh...

Michael Jordan and Serena Williams show need for Court of Common Sense

There are 6 comments on the The Washington Post story from Sep 13, 2011, titled Michael Jordan and Serena Williams show need for Court of Common Sense. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

No. 9 seed Samantha Stosur upset three-time U.S. Open champ Serena Williams 6-2, 6-3 Sunday to win the women's singles title in the year's final Grand Slam.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

harvey

Columbus, OH

#1 Sep 13, 2011
Really - Jordan fined an absurd amount for mild comments about a player and the NBA labor situation, while Insana Williams is fined a pittance for going beserk on court? How's that work?

Nothing in sports makes sense anymore, though, so I guess I shouldn't even be surprised. Money and power make people irrational.

Bleah.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#2 Sep 13, 2011
My interest in sports waned and weakened to a point today of complete disinterest. It is corrupt, overpriced, overpaid and juvenile.

Williams is a spoiled little bitch.

“guess who Lois?”

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#3 Sep 13, 2011
Agreed, Williams is a spoiled brat ... and it's a mockery of the tennis world that she gets away with such a pittance of a fine.

She should know the wule and understand why it is there and respect the rule. Rules are mean to make sure that eery player is treated equally.

Did she yell out well before the ball got to where her opponent could play it?? NO QUESTION

DId she have control of herself .. ie. could she have chosen not to yell out?? Absolutley

Did she yell out on purpose with intent to distract her opponent? We don't know but the fact is, she could have meant it and then claimed she did not.

The rule works in reverse .. if her opponent yelled out and possibly distracted Serena, then Serena would be in her rights to have the rule invoked against her opponent.

Did the act of yelling out distract Stosur enough to make her blow the return??? We will never know but the fact is, it MIGHT have ... Stosur's racket made contact with the ball ... all it took was a slight bit of hesitation to cause her to lose 2 or 3 inches of stretch .. in other words, she could have gotten the ball to hit her strings and possibly bounce back in play ...

Serena should know this ... she should be humble and apologetic, she should be required to apologize to her opponent, to the referee, to the tennis federation and all her fellow players both male and female, and to the public in general. AND she should have been fined $100,000 and since her previous probation was probably still in effect, she should be banned from playing at the OPEN next year.

Then, and only then, will the players learn to respect the rules and realize that the rules are meant to apply to every player equally.

Hell, if she had any class she would have done this on her own by now. Then again, if she had any class she would not have chewed out the referee the way she did.

Inconvenient Truth

“DEMOCRATS ARE JACKASSES”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#4 Sep 13, 2011
harvey I am on Welfare wrote:
Really - Jordan fined an absurd amount for mild comments about a player and the NBA labor situation, while Insana Williams is fined a pittance for going beserk on court? How's that work?
Nothing in sports makes sense anymore, though, so I guess I shouldn't even be surprised. Money and power make people irrational.
Bleah.
Wow. You relly hit that outta the park, except for the fact that all you did was repeat word for word on what was in the article preety much. Nice going champ!
joy dilks

Shepshed, UK

#5 Jun 14, 2012
All l read waste of oxygen.Are you guys perfect?That's normal for every sports people.l wonder how much commission they get from their favorate tennis players.That's Serena's personal problem.End of story!!.
joy D

Shepshed, UK

#6 Jun 14, 2012
All of the top sports people are spoilt prima donnas, what do they contribute to the world except some entertainment and provide gossip..........well worth there career earnings ? I think not .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Samantha Stosur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Haas rattles Wawrinka with victory in Rome (May '14) May '14 Rick1 1
News Super Serena Squashes Safarova - Mondays with B... (Apr '12) Apr '12 nancy 1
News Williams aims for poignant victory (Sep '11) Jan '12 john 13
News Serena Williams tweets 'emotions' got best of h... (Sep '11) Jan '12 john 7
News Serena doesn't regret US Open outburst (Jan '12) Jan '12 Tony 3
News Stosur reaches Japan Open semis (Nov '11) Nov '11 Abhinav guda 1
News Stosur on Serena Williams outburst (Sep '11) Sep '11 Ricardo 19
More from around the web