Nadal edges past Petzschner

Nadal edges past Petzschner

There are 5 comments on the Hampshire Chronicle story from Jun 26, 2010, titled Nadal edges past Petzschner. In it, Hampshire Chronicle reports that:

Rafael Nadal won the battle of the walking wounded with Germany's Philipp Petzschner to reach the fourth round at Wimbledon but his victory was tinged with controversy after he was accused of receiving on-court coaching.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampshire Chronicle.

40 LOVE

United States

#1 Jun 26, 2010
This goes on and has for years and will continue until the USTA steps in and does something. Women are guilty also, tennis has become a business and alot of players will go to any lenghts to win. You should already have a game plan before the match starts, if that does not work you go to plan B it is supposed to be one on one. Team tennis, Davis Cup, Fed Cup are team events. Coaching should be done prior to a match not during. Alot of players look to his or her box for positive support and not coaching. Tennis is supposed to be about intergerity and not cheating. But world rankings and money has changed that.
Helen

UK

#2 Jun 26, 2010
I was really pleased that Cedric Mourier stood up to Nadal for his coaching violation. Nadal was having difficulties overcoming Petschner in a riveting encounter, but as has been said, he should have his own game plan, and not resort to underhand methods. I also thought that he showed no sign of being injured after the trainer had been on, as he raced about the court chasing down every ball. No wonder he shrugged off his injury woes in his presser after he had won. Surely this wasn't gamesmanship in the number one player?
nadalfan

India

#3 Jun 27, 2010
All you fools. Don't you understand that his injury has been bothering him in the last 3-4 years. Do not comment anything unless you really know about it.

“"Never say never"”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4 Jun 28, 2010
A great match this one was. Do not think he is in that good a form to take the title. While I think he would win against Mathieu, he could find it extremely hard to beat Soederling. Tournament looks quite open to me right now. But if not Rafa, I would love to see Murray win it all.

“Have a nice day”

Since: Oct 07

Northern Ireland!

#6 Jun 28, 2010
The match was entertaining, and i really was astonished at Nadal, if he hadn't have done what he did the other dude would have beat him, My hope lies on Federer or Roddick to defeat Nadal and make sure he does not win!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robin Haase Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Haas beats Rosol in 3 sets to reach Vienna final (Oct '13) Oct '13 Anonymous 1
News Focused Nadal avoids the Queen (Jun '10) Jun '12 test 2
News Roddick Wins 1st-Round Match At Australian Open (Jan '12) Jan '12 BettingTennis AndNba 2
More from around the web