Berdych sends Nadal crashing in Madrid

Berdych sends Nadal crashing in Madrid

There are 20 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Oct 20, 2006, titled Berdych sends Nadal crashing in Madrid. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

Czech Tomas Berdych celebrates after beating Spain's Rafael Nadal in a quarter-final match of the Madrid Masters at the Rockodromo arena in Madrid.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Tek

Windsor, Canada

#1 Oct 20, 2006
Berdych has some moments of greatness. Roddick than Nadal, that's pretty impressive. If he beats gonzalez he'll deserve the trophy way more than Federer. It'd be really amazing for him to beat federer to get this trophy. Course, i don't really see that happening. Oh well, when Federer's in a tournament, you know you have to play him in the final to get the throphy.

Roddick-Nadal-Gonzalez-Federer , that's just wrong.
hj of seychelles

United States

#2 Oct 21, 2006
yeah too right..if berdych were to beat roger (fingers crossed) maybe some people wouldn't take Rafa's loss to Berdych so badly
Giovanna

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Oct 21, 2006
Pobre estupido no sabe que cuando uno esta en casa ajena se respeta y no se les hace callar a los dueƱos de casa, y si no sabe como comportarse le puedo enviar el video del partido entre Agassi vs. Nadal en England o el partido entre Agassi vs. Baghdatis "Eso es ser un deportista educado"
otilia

Deva, Romania

#4 Oct 23, 2006
i don't know if i'm right,but i think that nadal it's a little tired and-in my opinion-should take a small breake and reconsidere his attitude about tennis.it's to much for him.he is good,i know that!he can be very good .I'm with you Nadal!You must be more serious and you'll see it will be better,much better!
Tek

Windsor, Canada

#5 Oct 24, 2006
otilia wrote:
i don't know if i'm right,but i think that nadal it's a little tired and-in my opinion-should take a small breake and reconsidere his attitude about tennis.it's to much for him.he is good,i know that!he can be very good .I'm with you Nadal!You must be more serious and you'll see it will be better,much better!
Nadal is serious about tennis, LOL! Berdych can beat anyone in the top ten, and anyone in the top 50 can beat nadal on hard courts.
Tek

Windsor, Canada

#6 Oct 24, 2006
otilia wrote:
ha, you don't think Nadals serious about tennis and i'm the one who lacks wisdom? Pathetic!
qsil

Lawrence, KS

#7 Oct 24, 2006
otilia wrote:
I don't expect 11 titles form him another year. I'd be happy for him if he win five or more another, which is what he has so far 2006.
otilia

Deva, Romania

#8 Oct 25, 2006
Tek wrote:
<quoted text>
ha, you don't think Nadals serious about tennis and i'm the one who lacks wisdom? Pathetic!
first of all,don't,,lol,,me because i'm not your lol,ok?and when i said ,,serious,, i ment Rafa must work harder and concentrate more;don't take it ,,ad literam,,(if you know what it means?!)i know more about this!by the way ,how old are you,honest?do you have more than,let's say,10?
otilia

Deva, Romania

#9 Oct 25, 2006
qsil wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't expect 11 titles form him another year. I'd be happy for him if he win five or more another, which is what he has so far 2006.
i said what i said and i truly believe it;with my mind and my heart.we'll talk about this next year!tou are so mean!do you have any complexe?
otilia

Deva, Romania

#10 Oct 25, 2006
qsil wrote:
<quoted text>
tou and your friend from canada,tek!
Tek

Windsor, Canada

#11 Oct 25, 2006
otilia wrote:
<quoted text>first of all,don't,,lol,,me because i'm not your lol,ok?and when i said ,,serious,, i ment Rafa must work harder and concentrate more;don't take it ,,ad literam,,(if you know what it means?!)i know more about this!by the way ,how old are you,honest?do you have more than,let's say,10?
I knew what you meant reject. And i'm 22, which i think gives me reason to post my opinion. And i disagree that nadal doesn't work hard or concentrate? Johny Macs forever saying he plays ever point like its his last and shows great determination and invulnerability when he's losing. So let's so, whos opinion should i go with, some fool (ie. you), or Johny Mac? I'll have to go with the Mac. And many kids play tennis well before they are 10, and would know more than you, so i'm not sure why you would discredit a 10-year old immediately.
Tek

Windsor, Canada

#12 Oct 25, 2006
otilia wrote:
<quoted text>tou and your friend from canada,tek!
Wow, you're paranoid. If you read qsil's post properly, you would see he/she is a nadal fan. Qsil was just being realistic, like me, not expecting him to win 11 tounaments. Thats for Federer.
lefty

Petersburg, VA

#13 Oct 25, 2006
Nadal says he lost because he was tired. To heavy of a schedule? He's played the same number of tournments as Federer. Give me a break Nadal. You got beat last week because you got out played by Berdych. Nadal is the best player on clay. He will never be a force on hard courts on a regular basis until he gets more stick on his first serve and learns to play closer to the baseline. You can't win consistley on faster surfaces if continually play 20' back.
Tek

Windsor, Canada

#14 Oct 25, 2006
lefty wrote:
Nadal says he lost because he was tired. To heavy of a schedule? He's played the same number of tournments as Federer. Give me a break Nadal. You got beat last week because you got out played by Berdych. Nadal is the best player on clay. He will never be a force on hard courts on a regular basis until he gets more stick on his first serve and learns to play closer to the baseline. You can't win consistley on faster surfaces if continually play 20' back.
I know. Rafa's had an excuse each time he's lost this year, even when he lost to Federer on grass at Wimbeldon. And Berdych is amazing and can beat anyone, frankly, and beat Rafa in their last meeting. Berdych is just a better hard courter, simple as that.
otilia

Bucharest, Romania

#15 Oct 25, 2006
Tek wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew what you meant reject. And i'm 22, which i think gives me reason to post my opinion. And i disagree that nadal doesn't work hard or concentrate? Johny Macs forever saying he plays ever point like its his last and shows great determination and invulnerability when he's losing. So let's so, whos opinion should i go with, some fool (ie. you), or Johny Mac? I'll have to go with the Mac. And many kids play tennis well before they are 10, and would know more than you, so i'm not sure why you would discredit a 10-year old immediately.
i don 't discredit a 10 year old immediately,no you don't understand what i ment!that's for sure!i have an 8 years old boy who is playing tennis for about 4 years and he is very,very good and gifted.so,i have no reason to underestimate kids on his age or olderthan him!but your to cruel!you need to grow up a little more on your mind and then we will talk again.and i totally disagree with you when you you called me''full'that's why i think,the way you put the things,make me say you 've got to become a little wiser!don't jump to conclusions so easy.i'm 37 and i was at your age,but i remember that i was more respectful,but probably in canada this things are different you disarmed me totally!
otilia

Deva, Romania

#16 Oct 26, 2006
sorry,i ment,,fool,,instead of ,,full,,.
Sportingo

Kfar Yona, Israel

#17 Oct 26, 2006
Don't you think that poor etiquette and karma will catch up with him as he plays?
Tek wrote:
Berdych has some moments of greatness. Roddick than Nadal, that's pretty impressive. If he beats gonzalez he'll deserve the trophy way more than Federer. It'd be really amazing for him to beat federer to get this trophy. Course, i don't really see that happening. Oh well, when Federer's in a tournament, you know you have to play him in the final to get the throphy.
Roddick-Nadal-Gonzalez-Federer , that's just wrong.
gema mendoza

Philippines

#18 Nov 4, 2006
Berdych is agreat player so as to Nadal. Everyone of us has it's own idol for sure. I just don't want him making a shhh sign to Nadal's countrymen. Maybe if Berdych played on his own place, of course they'll cheer for him too. Nadal reached the top because of his guts and climbing up for that goal is his own reward. To us all..we knew great players always be great and losers tend to have reasons of their own.
Sarah

Ireland

#19 Nov 9, 2006
i tnk berdych was totally out of order! i went to madrid 4rm ireland 4 dat match and to see him do that shh motion made me and the rest of the crowd so angry! berdych obviously has a lot of growing up 2 do if he cant accept that spanish people will favour nadal over him! if rafa travelled to Czech Republic he'd understand that countrymen favour their own surely? Berdych needs to grow up and become a better winner. im 15 and from tennis experience (no.6 junior in my country) i no that you cannot be a bad winner its so much worse then being a bad loser! berdych get some respect!
umbrella

Ateca, Spain

#20 Mar 18, 2007
berdich is a bad manner, he doesnt congratulate to nadal and say him "you are so bad"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robby Ginepri Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robby Ginepri nude (Jul '12) Jul '12 Earlene 1
News Some players on ATP Tour want to speed it up (Mar '12) Mar '12 elaine 1
News Indy lose tennis legacy (Dec '09) Dec '09 skaizun 1
News Pilot pen officials await late entries (Aug '09) Aug '09 Ciarrai 1
News Pilot Pen has questions on wild cards (Aug '09) Aug '09 Bill Walsh 1
News Local Corner (Jul '08) Jul '08 concerned 1
News U.S. tennis falling behind rest of world (Jun '08) Jun '08 Bergermeister 4
More from around the web