Young no longer flying solo on tour

Young no longer flying solo on tour

There are 2 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 20, 2008, titled Young no longer flying solo on tour. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Donald Young is going to spend a couple weeks at the Bollettieri Academy in Bradenton, where, finally, he is going to spend time hitting and competing in practice sessions with other U.S. pros.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Robert

Folsom, CA

#1 Apr 21, 2008
Donald Young needs to stay away from the USTA and their lame coaches. He also needs to stay away from Reynolds and his low ranked, under-achieving drinking buddies. DY is so far above them all in potential and skills, he has no need to associate with them. What DY needs is one dedicated coach who will help him reign in his talent and perfect his skills so that he can go up the rankings.
snicky

Winfield, IL

#2 Apr 23, 2008
I know for a fact that Nick tried to get DY to attend his facility two years ago during the Miami super slam. No dice said DY's parents.

Also, who are the "lame" USTA coaches you are referring to?

If anyone's to blame for DY's development or lack of, it's his parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robby Ginepri Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robby Ginepri nude (Jul '12) Jul '12 Earlene 1
News Some players on ATP Tour want to speed it up (Mar '12) Mar '12 elaine 1
News Indy lose tennis legacy (Dec '09) Dec '09 skaizun 1
News Pilot pen officials await late entries (Aug '09) Aug '09 Ciarrai 1
News Pilot Pen has questions on wild cards (Aug '09) Aug '09 Bill Walsh 1
News Local Corner (Jul '08) Jul '08 concerned 1
News U.S. tennis falling behind rest of world (Jun '08) Jun '08 Bergermeister 4
More from around the web