Happy Birthday, Roger Federer, Record-Breaking Tennis Player

Tennis superstar Roger Federer is a force to be reckoned with, pummeling opponents in tournament after tournament. Full Story
Editor GenevaLunch_com

Switzerland

#1 Aug 8, 2009
This is one of the best background pieces on Federer I've seen, and we follow him pretty closely. Thanks for the good work. I know this isn't about tennis per se, but given that he seems to think his new twins (photo of happy family on his Facebook page) are the best birthday present ever, I think they are worth a mention :-)
Shashank

Chennai, India

#2 Aug 8, 2009
All i want to do is wish Fedex a very very very Happy Birthday and live this day with his family.Seeing him as a champion on court, i am sure his parenting skills will be exhibhited as gracefully as his strokes.All the best!
Roger

Laval, Canada

#3 Aug 8, 2009
Happy Birthday!
All the best for your upcoming Rogers cup match.
georgia-13-

Heraklion, Greece

#4 Aug 8, 2009
Happy Birthday Rog!
All the best to you and to your new family
wildcatjungle

Cedar Rapids, IA

#5 Aug 8, 2009
Happy Birthday, Roger. Every success to you for your tennis future. The very best to you and your beautiful family.
RA McMillen

New York, NY

#6 Aug 8, 2009
An epitome of of a true champion. Simply elegant!
Mattie

New York, NY

#7 Aug 8, 2009
He is such a sweetheart. I didn't know he got so emotional at his games, but that just makes me like him more.

“Lost college graduate”

Since: Jun 09

Portland

#8 Aug 9, 2009
Oh, and he and his wife make such a beautiful couple too.
zain

Germany

#9 Aug 9, 2009
goooooooooooooo roger!
we all love you are eager to watch you making history again.
Sadie

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Aug 9, 2009
Tragedy graced Federer with an entirely unwanted but critical lesson. From it, he's earned the admiration of so many people, and perhaps more confidence in himself.

“Lost in these dreams”

Since: Jun 08

Finding all the missing pieces

#11 Aug 10, 2009
May the rest of the year be wonderful for him and many more years to come. He truly deserves it all. I wish him and his beautiful new family all the best. Happy Birthday to a truly talented and wonderful person.

“Lost in these dreams”

#12 Aug 10, 2009
May the rest of the year be great for him with many more to come. I wish all the best to him and his beautiful new family. Happy Birthday to a truly talented and wonderful person. He deserves it all.

“Lost in these dreams”

#13 Aug 10, 2009
Sorry for double post... I didnt know it went through.
junior beefcake

New York, NY

#14 Aug 10, 2009
Last year's Wimbledon final against Nadal was the most unbelievable tennis! Federer has done amazing things for the sport of tennis. Quite a champion.
sally schriefer

Langley, Canada

#15 Aug 10, 2009
My what a surprise when I saw the photos of the twins, roger and mirka. I thought They were having just one child. Well twins are a lot of fun and as toddlers will keep roger and mirka running.
Good practice for tennis!

We wish you and your family all the best.

will be watching your games in Vancouver. b.c. this week.

Sally & Klaus Schriefer
Janet

Portland, OR

#16 Aug 10, 2009
Blah. Tennis is so elitest and boring.
Sandra

Mesquite, TX

#17 Aug 11, 2009
Janet, sorry you feel that tennis is boring, but I think it's one of the best sports around. Watch Roger a few more times and see if you still think it's boring. He's the best I've seen and when you're looking at greatness - it's nothing but boring, I think.

Congratulations to Roger for having one of the most remarkable years ever in tennis, and all of this in about a 3-month period. Looking at how his 2009 started, I thought for sure Roger would be stuck at 13 grand slams, eating the dust behind Nadal, Murray, and Djokovic. But Roger has shown what a fantastic champion and person he is to turn it around in 3 short months (professional and personally).

As a Federer fan, I am still on cloud 9 and anything he does from now on out is just icing on the cake. He's already accomplished so much and I'm so proud to be a Federer fan.

“Lost in these dreams”

#18 Aug 11, 2009
Sandra wrote:
Janet, sorry you feel that tennis is boring, but I think it's one of the best sports around. Watch Roger a few more times and see if you still think it's boring. He's the best I've seen and when you're looking at greatness - it's nothing but boring, I think.
Congratulations to Roger for having one of the most remarkable years ever in tennis, and all of this in about a 3-month period. Looking at how his 2009 started, I thought for sure Roger would be stuck at 13 grand slams, eating the dust behind Nadal, Murray, and Djokovic. But Roger has shown what a fantastic champion and person he is to turn it around in 3 short months (professional and personally).
As a Federer fan, I am still on cloud 9 and anything he does from now on out is just icing on the cake. He's already accomplished so much and I'm so proud to be a Federer fan.
I can completely agree with that. I'm proud as well. He's a champion and a truly great person at heart.

Anyone unappreciative of the sport haven't really gotten to watch these guys play. You don't have to like it I imagine, but there's so much work and dedication put into it. Not to mention they're missing out on an artistic side of tennis watching Roger play.:)
Roger Fan

Brisbane, Australia

#19 Sep 16, 2009
I never had any interest in watching tennis. Once I was changing TV channels and saw Roger Fed playing in China for Master's Cup if I remember correctly. That day changed the way I looked at tennis. I was glued. I don't know what is there in his style. Watching him play is so refreshing. Then I heard him during the ceremony and became a die hard fan. How could someone at such level be so humble? Now tennis has become my favourite sport to watch. It is all because of you Rogga.
Federal Express

Singapore

#20 Sep 16, 2009
Fed is a truly an inspiring and exemplary player. He is about the best that has happened to the game. I know many who became interested after watching him play and some have even taken up the sport.

I know there are some quarters who are downright against him. But truth be said, he did get 15 Grand Slams and you can take that away from him.

He is a gentleman both on and off the court although admittedly, he was also one of those tantrum throwing players in his younger days. But he changed and became a true legend of the game.

All the best , Roger

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mark Philippoussis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark Philippoussis nude (Aug '11) Aug '11 Charla 1
Woman in HP scandal "saddened" by CEO's ouster (Aug '10) Oct '10 toto 11
Philippoussis and Esposito set to wed (Oct '09) Oct '09 Freda Gonzales 1
Woodforde honored by Mission Hills for career d... (Nov '08) Nov '08 pompstone 1
When Kasia was Scud's buddy (Oct '08) Oct '08 Danny 1
NBC Tackles 'Age'-Old Question - Dating show pu... (Aug '08) Aug '08 lana 1
Happy Birthday, Roger Federer (Aug '08) Aug '08 jshri 2
•••
•••

Mark Philippoussis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••