Djokovic tops Monaco, meets Moya in q...

Djokovic tops Monaco, meets Moya in quarters -

There are 2 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 5, 2007, titled Djokovic tops Monaco, meets Moya in quarters -. In it, Newsday reports that:

If Friday night's victory over Radek Stepanek gave No. 3 Novak Djokovic the chance to test his tank, last night's win over Juan Monaco provided the opportunity to show it was no fluke.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Rob Stiropatis

Montréal, Canada

#1 Sep 5, 2007
Interestingly enough, our newspapers in the US didnt once mention the vulgar and racist comments from the stands.

The greek sports papers ran this and my cousin tells me the serbian papers obviously carried it as well so I guess my parents who have good seats didnt hallucinate.
The people they were seated with went to Montreal this summer when Diokovic won and he said the contrast between the two crowds was stunning. The Stepanek game was exceptional because the longer it went, the more people got behind the players but this last game was just nasty.

But I guess if its not in the papers, its not true.
Good reporting..
Tiki

Regentville, Australia

#2 Sep 6, 2007
Well done Nole, good job on getting through this far!! we all wish you the best for yor next match and in the future

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Juan Monaco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Murray hopes to break into top three (Mar '09) Mar '09 Mhari Matheson 1
News An Email Conversation With: Former tennis playe... (Sep '07) Sep '07 stanly mitchell 1
More from around the web