Jo-Wilfried Tsonga celebrates after c...

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga celebrates after clinching a set agasint Roger Federer

There are 3 comments on the Mirror.co.uk story from Jun 29, 2011, titled Jo-Wilfried Tsonga celebrates after clinching a set agasint Roger Federer. In it, Mirror.co.uk reports that:

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga upset the established order today as he knocked out third seed Roger Federer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mirror.co.uk.

DINESH R MAKWANA

London, UK

#1 Jun 29, 2011
“Before the masses of tennis fans unleash doubts on this Roger Federer performanc­e and debate possible retirement­, let's assess the qualities of Tsonga's talented background­.Tsonga rose to fame by virtue of his performanc­e in the 2008 Australian Open when, as an unseeded player, he reached the final, having defeated four seeded players along the way, including earning a straight sets win over the then world number 2 Rafael Nadal in the semifinals­. Tsonga eventually lost to world number 3 Novak Djokovic in the final in 4 sets, after winning the first set – the only set Djokovic dropped during the tournament­. The very likeable Tsonga is no pushover and has been known for many five set thrillers. This important fact should have been fundamenta­l with Roger in closing this match out clinically and somehow I feel this fact eluded him on this occasion. This was much like the first set against Nadal at the French this year.I hope he continues in the knowledge that even with the amazing seventeen Grand Slams in the bank, people and generation­s ahead only remember number ones first. It would be great to see more slams in the bag for Roger Federer. Continuing best wishes.

DINESH R MAKWANA (DREAMWORD­S AND INORBITS)”

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, Ohio

#2 Jun 30, 2011
DINESH R MAKWANA wrote:
“Before the masses of tennis fans unleash doubts on this Roger Federer performanc­e and debate possible retirement­, let's assess the qualities of Tsonga's talented background­.Tsonga rose to fame by virtue of his performanc­e in the 2008 Australian Open when, as an unseeded player, he reached the final, having defeated four seeded players along the way, including earning a straight sets win over the then world number 2 Rafael Nadal in the semifinals­. Tsonga eventually lost to world number 3 Novak Djokovic in the final in 4 sets, after winning the first set – the only set Djokovic dropped during the tournament­. The very likeable Tsonga is no pushover and has been known for many five set thrillers. This important fact should have been fundamenta­l with Roger in closing this match out clinically and somehow I feel this fact eluded him on this occasion. This was much like the first set against Nadal at the French this year.I hope he continues in the knowledge that even with the amazing seventeen Grand Slams in the bank, people and generation­s ahead only remember number ones first. It would be great to see more slams in the bag for Roger Federer. Continuing best wishes.
DINESH R MAKWANA (DREAMWORD­S AND INORBITS)”
To begin with, Federer has won 16 GS, not 17. He will probably never win another. When you can't hold a 5-2 set lead, or a 2-0 sets lead in a best of 5, you're in trouble.

And trying to justify losing to Tsonga by making him sound like a top 5 player (when he's not even in the top ten) is just making excuses. Federer was the world #1 for 4 years. His skills are slipping away, and he's not the dominant player he was a couple of years ago. His time has passed.
Jessica Fieseher

Dover, NH

#3 Aug 8, 2011
Hey Jo my name is Jessica Fieseher I wanted to be your friend my age is 20 yes iam a adult life but can you to go tanning at Newhamshire but you can fly out anytime visiting Newhamshire but you can figure out reachely the purple sign planetfitness at Newhamshire when you get there ok ask your mom and Dad but you can smillar height as me iam a short side height but hit this age 21 you need a take a promise to me ok but you can take a bus to get there at Diseny Adventures but looking for billy ray Cyrus and miley Cyrus ask for the tape video it is all about me who iam what look like I have a low voice but billy ray Cyrus will pause it being of the tape video ok but ask Miley cyrus so where is Jessica pictures of her it in miley Cyrus dressing room but Miley cyrus and Billy ray Cyrus takeing a pictures at Diseny adventures magiznes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Novak Djokovic through after World Tour win ove... (Nov '12) Jun '16 Davor Vujacic 7
News The Latest: Not much of a test for Nadal at Fre... (May '15) May '15 tom wingo 2
News Haas beats Rosol in 3 sets to reach Vienna final (Oct '13) Oct '13 Anonymous 1
News Tennis: Injured Tsonga pulls out of US Open (Aug '13) Aug '13 Dominic 1
News Serena Williams eyes 17th major title (Jun '13) Jun '13 bruce 2
News Federer muses about Nadal return, Tsonga bows out (Feb '13) Mar '13 Pam 2
News Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and France, Maria Sharapova ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 TMD 4
More from around the web