SWilliams hits 23 aces, edges Zheng at Wimbledon

Jun 30, 2012 Full story: TwinCities 27

While watching Serena Williams come from behind at Wimbledon, older sister Venus sat in the front row stifling a yawn.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
john

Sikeston, MO

#2 Jun 30, 2012
Back hand wrote:
People do not really watch these two black sisters in tennis. They hurt the sport!!!!
what about them hurts the sport?
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#3 Jul 2, 2012
They hurt the sport because they are a disgrace. While everyone on the tour loves players like Clijsters, nobody likes the Williams sisters because of their occasional tantrums etc. Could you possibly find a worse role model than Serena or Venus? Then you have have their parents, Richard and Oracene. Children mirror their parents. I bet Richard and Oracene are wonderful role models. No wonder they turned out the way they did Hopefully they will both retire soon and they will not b emissed!!!!!!!
john

Sikeston, MO

#4 Jul 2, 2012
Italain Stallion wrote:
They hurt the sport because they are a disgrace. While everyone on the tour loves players like Clijsters, nobody likes the Williams sisters because of their occasional tantrums etc. Could you possibly find a worse role model than Serena or Venus? Then you have have their parents, Richard and Oracene. Children mirror their parents. I bet Richard and Oracene are wonderful role models. No wonder they turned out the way they did Hopefully they will both retire soon and they will not b emissed!!!!!!!
So you know for a fact everyone hates the Williams sister? I have never read that from any where. Can you show me besides people who don't truly love the game hates the Williams sisters. Cause i can't just go by your word alone.
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#5 Jul 2, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text> So you know for a fact everyone hates the Williams sister? I have never read that from any where. Can you show me besides people who don't truly love the game hates the Williams sisters. Cause i can't just go by your word alone.
I have nothing to prove to you. I have seen run-ins with other tour players on numerous occasions and have heard them booed even at the US Open. I can only assume you just started watching tennis recently if you think they are not despised by most people. Since you don't seem to know much about tennis, I don't think there is much point in answering your responses going forward. Do you actually like something about the Williams sisters?????? If so, what would that be and would you want them as role models for your children??????????
john

Euless, TX

#6 Jul 2, 2012
Italain Stallion wrote:
<quoted text>I have nothing to prove to you. I have seen run-ins with other tour players on numerous occasions and have heard them booed even at the US Open. I can only assume you just started watching tennis recently if you think they are not despised by most people. Since you don't seem to know much about tennis, I don't think there is much point in answering your responses going forward. Do you actually like something about the Williams sisters?????? If so, what would that be and would you want them as role models for your children??????????
I have been watching tennis since Jimmy conners and McEnroe. So again your wrong and I don't have anything to prove to you sir. You are the one just as arrogant as Serena Williams why don't you become a sports commentator. Since you know the ins and outs of the game better than anyone.
john

Sikeston, MO

#7 Jul 2, 2012
Italain Stallion wrote:
<quoted text>I have nothing to prove to you. I have seen run-ins with other tour players on numerous occasions and have heard them booed even at the US Open. I can only assume you just started watching tennis recently if you think they are not despised by most people. Since you don't seem to know much about tennis, I don't think there is much point in answering your responses going forward. Do you actually like something about the Williams sisters?????? If so, what would that be and would you want them as role models for your children??????????
I have a daughter and I am her role model. That's what is wrong with parents today looking for an outside source to raise their children. I don't need any athlete to be my child role model.
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#8 Jul 2, 2012
I was not suggesting that you need an athlete to be your daughter's role model. What I was eluding to is that athletes are supposed to be role models both on and off the court and that nobody would consider Serena to be a role model. I have 2 daughters as well and am a great role model for them thank you very much.
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#9 Jul 2, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been watching tennis since Jimmy conners and McEnroe. So again your wrong and I don't have anything to prove to you sir. You are the one just as arrogant as Serena Williams why don't you become a sports commentator. Since you know the ins and outs of the game better than anyone.
I like how you are putting words in my mouth. Did I ever say I know the ins and outs of the game better than anyone? And I have also been watching tennis since the days of McEnroe, Conners and Borg. By the way, what do you actually like about Serena? Did you see the 2009 semi-final against Clijsters or the 2011 final against Stosur, both in front of her beloved fans at Flushing Meadows, where she showed her TRUE colours and blew a gasket. She is an embarrassment to the sport and the sooner she retires the better for everyone!!!!!!!!!!
john

Sikeston, MO

#10 Jul 2, 2012
Italain Stallion wrote:
<quoted text>I like how you are putting words in my mouth. Did I ever say I know the ins and outs of the game better than anyone? And I have also been watching tennis since the days of McEnroe, Conners and Borg. By the way, what do you actually like about Serena? Did you see the 2009 semi-final against Clijsters or the 2011 final against Stosur, both in front of her beloved fans at Flushing Meadows, where she showed her TRUE colours and blew a gasket. She is an embarrassment to the sport and the sooner she retires the better for everyone!!!!!!!!!!
McEnroe had his outburst and so did jimmy conners. I saw it and besides that what else can you point out? No you did not say that you know the ins and out of tennis but you try to belittle someone. So I figured you must be the guru of tennis. I don't down anyone for the opinion but you seem to when it doesn't agree with yours. I am not going to hate this woman cause she's human. It plenty of degenerate people or vile human being doing much worse than losing their tempers. So I guess you have never lost your temper before in your life? I love the game plain and simple nothing particular about Serena that makes me despise her. When I read comments about Serena it's either name calling , or saying she looks like a man. I want to know what does her physical appearance has to do with tennis? Unless someone is looking for a date. The love of the sport itself is enough for me. Borg was a great player! I don't know how they played in those little tight shorts.
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#11 Jul 3, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>
McEnroe had his outburst and so did jimmy conners. I saw it and besides that what else can you point out? No you did not say that you know the ins and out of tennis but you try to belittle someone. So I figured you must be the guru of tennis. I don't down anyone for the opinion but you seem to when it doesn't agree with yours. I am not going to hate this woman cause she's human. It plenty of degenerate people or vile human being doing much worse than losing their tempers. So I guess you have never lost your temper before in your life? I love the game plain and simple nothing particular about Serena that makes me despise her. When I read comments about Serena it's either name calling , or saying she looks like a man. I want to know what does her physical appearance has to do with tennis? Unless someone is looking for a date. The love of the sport itself is enough for me. Borg was a great player! I don't know how they played in those little tight shorts.
This is my last comment on the subject of Serena. I don't like her mainly because of her outbursts and because she is an embarrassment to the sport. She has been a great player, however, how she acted in th2 2009 semi against Clijsters and the 2011 final against Stosur will not be forgotten by tennis fans any time soon. Unfortunately this will be just as much a part of her legacy as her play on court. See ya!!!
john

Sikeston, MO

#12 Jul 3, 2012
Italain Stallion wrote:
<quoted text>This is my last comment on the subject of Serena. I don't like her mainly because of her outbursts and because she is an embarrassment to the sport. She has been a great player, however, how she acted in th2 2009 semi against Clijsters and the 2011 final against Stosur will not be forgotten by tennis fans any time soon. Unfortunately this will be just as much a part of her legacy as her play on court. See ya!!!
ok but I put money it that you commit on any post about Serena. Just not my post. No one is hating on McEnroe for all his outburst. So no harm no foul. Your just a racist with your ape talk. The only thing you see is a black woman that you belittle every chance you get. Love or hate her is your choice but she is going no where any time soon. Have a great day!
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#13 Jul 3, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>
ok but I put money it that you commit on any post about Serena. Just not my post. No one is hating on McEnroe for all his outburst. So no harm no foul. Your just a racist with your ape talk. The only thing you see is a black woman that you belittle every chance you get. Love or hate her is your choice but she is going no where any time soon. Have a great day!
I am not a racist you idiot. I do not have a racist bone in my body. I would not like Serena because of her behaviour no matter what race she is.
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#14 Jul 3, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a lot of beautiful women on the ladies tennis tour and Serena is NOT one of them!!!!!! Next thing you know you will tell me she is attractive. It is really too bad that she will be remembered just as much for her horrible behaviour as her excellent play on the court. She has nobody to blame but herself!!!!!!!!
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#15 Jul 3, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not like her if she was black, yellow, blue, green or any colour. The problem I have has nothing to do with her colour but simply her behaviour. She was blessed with natural talent on the court but obviously missed the session about winning and LOSING with class and dignity. She is simply a disgrace to the sport and the sooner she retires the better it will be for the tennis world!!!!
john

Sikeston, MO

#16 Jul 3, 2012
Italain Stallion wrote:
<quoted text>I would not like her if she was black, yellow, blue, green or any colour. The problem I have has nothing to do with her colour but simply her behaviour. She was blessed with natural talent on the court but obviously missed the session about winning and LOSING with class and dignity. She is simply a disgrace to the sport and the sooner she retires the better it will be for the tennis world!!!!
a disgrace you never said McEnroe , Connor, azarenka with all that screeching is a disgrace . So you think she retire just because you want her to retire? Lol so if it's her sportsmanship that you don't like what is your problem with the apes, ghetto remarks. What kind of character do you show with the derogatory remarks? It has nothing to do with her outburst. Heck I didn't like how she responded to losing but I am not calling the woman apes. See your not a great example of being a debater on here. We don't have to agree but I don't get offended when you say I just start watching tennis. I have watched a lot of the great players. McEnroe cursed threw his racket and acted a total fool on the court but he is still known as a great player.
john

Euless, TX

#17 Jul 3, 2012
Italain Stallion wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a racist you idiot. I do not have a racist bone in my body. I would not like Serena because of her behaviour no matter what race she is.
your behavior is not that great either. I never called you out of your name sir. I just made a observation that you don't agree with. Your no different than Serena I see. I don't disrespect people and call them names.you called the woman an ape which totally seems racist to me. She looks like her father which makes her less attractive, but an ape just seem to be a little too much. You get offended and lash out , maybe what I say has some truth.
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#18 Jul 3, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>
a disgrace you never said McEnroe , Connor, azarenka with all that screeching is a disgrace . So you think she retire just because you want her to retire? Lol so if it's her sportsmanship that you don't like what is your problem with the apes, ghetto remarks. What kind of character do you show with the derogatory remarks? It has nothing to do with her outburst. Heck I didn't like how she responded to losing but I am not calling the woman apes. See your not a great example of being a debater on here. We don't have to agree but I don't get offended when you say I just start watching tennis. I have watched a lot of the great players. McEnroe cursed threw his racket and acted a total fool on the court but he is still known as a great player.
I never ever made any ghetto remarks. Go back and check out my comments if you wish. Maybe the word "ape" was out of line but I am not racist at all. I think it is an absolute disgrace when people use the "N" word to describe black people. I heard it a lot when I was a kid and it really bothered me so obviously I am not racist. She just seems to more resemble a man than a woman. That is simply my opinion. If you disagree, that is too bad. The majority of the women on the tour are NOT built like her as you claim. There are a few but most have nice builds and are quite attractive. I honestly feel if her behaviour wasn't so pathetic that her build wouldn't bother me.
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#19 Jul 3, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes McEnroe, Connors, Roddick, Nastate were all disgraces on the court. Just because Azarenka grunts doesn't mean she is a disgrace. Grunting is definitely something that needs to be dealt with because it is not necessary. Do you notice how most of the players you have mentioned with poor behaviour on the court were American?????????? Why couldn't they be more like Agassi, Sampras or even Mardy Fish who you never see bitch and complain. Even players like James Blake, although he has had injury issues, have poor attitudes. Love seeing the American players get their asses kicked!!!!!!!!!!
john

Euless, TX

#20 Jul 3, 2012
Italain Stallion wrote:
<quoted text>Yes McEnroe, Connors, Roddick, Nastate were all disgraces on the court. Just because Azarenka grunts doesn't mean she is a disgrace. Grunting is definitely something that needs to be dealt with because it is not necessary. Do you notice how most of the players you have mentioned with poor behaviour on the court were American?????????? Why couldn't they be more like Agassi, Sampras or even Mardy Fish who you never see bitch and complain. Even players like James Blake, although he has had injury issues, have poor attitudes. Love seeing the American players get their asses kicked!!!!!!!!!!
Now that's funny. Maybe that's why Americans don't dominate tennis. Wimbledon find grunting a distraction from the game. That the only reason I mentioned it. They getting equipment to monitor the grunts and screams. Maybe even a fine for grunting. Can you believe that? I do find the grunting and yelling very distracting from the game. But it will take the players a while to learn breathing techniques.
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#21 Jul 4, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's funny. Maybe that's why Americans don't dominate tennis. Wimbledon find grunting a distraction from the game. That the only reason I mentioned it. They getting equipment to monitor the grunts and screams. Maybe even a fine for grunting. Can you believe that? I do find the grunting and yelling very distracting from the game. But it will take the players a while to learn breathing techniques.
There is no good excuse for grunting. If some can be quiet while playing, why can't they all??????????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

French Open Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teenager Kyrgios stuns Nadal Jul '14 Hartmut 1
NBC Sports Continues Coverage of French Open Th... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Vava doc 1
Dogs know how to live (Jun '14) Jun '14 PFfff 2
Halep too strong for Watson (May '14) May '14 Terry Thomas 1
Trending Now: Serena Williams eliminated at Fre... (May '14) May '14 Snap 1
At the Net: Djokovic turns up the heat on Nadal (Apr '14) Apr '14 CORA hALL 1
Uncle Toni: Rafa's Back Should Be Fine, But The... (Feb '14) Feb '14 fedfan 1
More from around the web