Williams aims for poignant victory

Sep 11, 2011 Full story: Salisbury Journal 13

Serena Williams is hoping to give the US Open a home champion as the tournament remembers the victims of the September 11 terrorist attacks in New York 10 years ago to the day.

Full Story
black advantage

Utica, NY

#1 Sep 11, 2011
I wish the Williams siters would just GO AWAY! Two classless clowns that are just plain idiots.
Des

Leduc, Canada

#2 Sep 11, 2011
Love them or hate them - its undenial - Talented and exciting to watch the Williams sister have provided some beautiful moments in Tennis

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, Ohio

#3 Sep 11, 2011
black advantage wrote:
I wish the Williams siters would just GO AWAY! Two classless clowns that are just plain idiots.
We wish YOU would go away!

What a classless clown. Just a plain idiot.
Aldo Ferrone

Kanata, Canada

#4 Sep 11, 2011
Thanks TMD. I couldn't agree with you more. Hey Des, have you followed their career off the court? They may have provided some decent moments on the court, however, what is more important is that they would be the WORST role models for young players. Did you hear her talk to the chair umpire this afternoon. She made the right call according to the rules and Serena acted like her normal cry-baby self. No surprise there!!!!! She didn't even shake the umpire's hand after the match. Please Serena and Venus go away at once and do the tennis world a favour!!!!!!! And take McEnroe and Mary Carillo with you. They make me sick with how bias they always are. Please keep Enberg and also get rid of Jim Courier and Pam Shriver ( The Man ) ASAP.
Aldo Ferrone

Kanata, Canada

#5 Sep 11, 2011
Hey Des. Even 2 Americans know she is an idiot. I can't believe your comments about the sisters. Were you sober when you wrote this?????????? Or maybe on crack?????????
10-us Fan

Newport News, VA

#6 Sep 11, 2011
Aldo Ferrone wrote:
Thanks TMD. I couldn't agree with you more. Hey Des, have you followed their career off the court? They may have provided some decent moments on the court, however, what is more important is that they would be the WORST role models for young players. Did you hear her talk to the chair umpire this afternoon. She made the right call according to the rules and Serena acted like her normal cry-baby self. No surprise there!!!!! She didn't even shake the umpire's hand after the match. Please Serena and Venus go away at once and do the tennis world a favour!!!!!!! And take McEnroe and Mary Carillo with you. They make me sick with how bias they always are. Please keep Enberg and also get rid of Jim Courier and Pam Shriver ( The Man ) ASAP.
I mostly agree. However, to my knowledge, Venus has always demonstrated good sportsmanship, unlike her uncouth sister, Serena. If you watch the replay, Serena opens her cavernous mouth and does, indeed howl like an idiot, BEFORE Stosur hits the ball. Now one may argue that it didn't make any difference because Stosur more than likely wouldn't have been able to make a play on the ball..........but rules are rules. Which "Queen" Serena must think she doesn't have to abide by.

I was ecstatic that she lost.
10-us Fan

Newport News, VA

#7 Sep 11, 2011
Aldo Ferrone wrote:
Did you hear her talk to the chair umpire this afternoon. She made the right call according to the rules and Serena acted like her normal cry-baby self. No surprise there!!!!! She didn't even shake the umpire's hand after the match.
I believe during the "girl-rilla's" (my personal name for Serena) tirade toward the umpire, she said that she believed that chairperson was the some one who was officiating the game in '09 when she foot faulted against Clijsters. Poor, pathetic little thing, I guess in her mind she was the victim of "obvious racism".
UnKnown

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Sep 11, 2011
Let her sponsors know how you feel, I plan to
Nike
Wilson
HP
Mission Skincare
Gatorade, to name a few....
Aldo Ferrone

Kanata, Canada

#9 Sep 11, 2011
10-us Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I mostly agree. However, to my knowledge, Venus has always demonstrated good sportsmanship, unlike her uncouth sister, Serena. If you watch the replay, Serena opens her cavernous mouth and does, indeed howl like an idiot, BEFORE Stosur hits the ball. Now one may argue that it didn't make any difference because Stosur more than likely wouldn't have been able to make a play on the ball..........but rules are rules. Which "Queen" Serena must think she doesn't have to abide by.
I was ecstatic that she lost.
Hey my friend. You kow what you are right. Venus really hasn't caused much disgrace like her idiotic sister. You write very well. You use some adjectives which are bang on such as " cavernous " and " howl " lol. To tell you the truth I thought they should have replayed the point instead of giving the game to Stosur, however, like you said rules are rules. I guess Serena should read the rule book like she said during the post-match interview in which Serena was a poor loser as usual. Did you notice how the excuses started to come out of McEnroe's mouth towards the end of the first set i.e. she played late on Saturday, her foot is bugging her etc. I think I will have to watch the Australian Open on mute if he is commentating. I was thriled that she lost as well and in straight sets to boot!!!!!!!
Aldo Ferrone

Kanata, Canada

#10 Sep 11, 2011
10-us Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe during the "girl-rilla's" (my personal name for Serena) tirade toward the umpire, she said that she believed that chairperson was the some one who was officiating the game in '09 when she foot faulted against Clijsters. Poor, pathetic little thing, I guess in her mind she was the victim of "obvious racism".
" Girl-rilla " That is awesome. Did you notice how big her ass is? I only say this because McEnroe and Carillo were saying she is in great shape. Maybe for a UFC fighter or WWE wrestler? She looks like Mike Tyson for God's sake!!!!! As far as the umpire, it was confirmed she was not the same one as in the Clijsters match. And it was the linesperson who made the foot fault call anyhow. If I was the umpire today, I would have penalized her at least one point, maybe more. Not shaking the umpire's hand was totally classless but would one expect anything different from Serena ( girl-rilla ).
Aldo Ferrone

Kanata, Canada

#11 Sep 11, 2011
UnKnown wrote:
Let her sponsors know how you feel, I plan to
Nike
Wilson
HP
Mission Skincare
Gatorade, to name a few....
Oh my God she has sponsors!!!!! That is shocking. Who the hell would want her representing their brand. These companies must be desperate!!!!!! Why does Federer have all these different sponsors i.e. Nike, Rolex and now Mercedes etc. Because he is a class act and plays the game the way it is supposed to be played and has always been a true gentleman and an ambassador to this great sport.
john

Sikeston, MO

#12 Jan 29, 2012
Aldo Ferrone wrote:
your such a great role model there! Yeah right you are no better.
john

Sikeston, MO

#13 Jan 29, 2012
Aldo Ferrone wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my God she has sponsors!!!!! That is shocking. Who the hell would want her representing their brand. These companies must be desperate!!!!!! Why does Federer have all these different sponsors i.e. Nike, Rolex and now Mercedes etc. Because he is a class act and plays the game the way it is supposed to be played and has always been a true gentleman and an ambassador to this great sport.
it's just his job. He's no ambassador. Instead of making these athletes role models for the youth today. Why don't parent be the role models they are the one who are raising them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caroline Wozniacki Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Caroline Wozniacki imitates Serena Williams by ... (Dec '12) Apr '13 ceeline 3
'Not just harmless fun': Wozniacki accused of r... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Nichole 1
Commanding Petrova thrashes Wozniacki (Nov '12) Nov '12 Cindy Bennett 1
Caroline Wozniacki upset by Tamira Paszekin Wim... (Jun '12) Jul '12 Italain Stallion 2
Caroline Wozniacki nude ! (Jun '12) Jun '12 Kandice 1
As Open nears, McIlroy faces scrutiny on, off c... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Rich the Gringo 2
Glory for Azarenka in Australia (Jan '12) Jan '12 Anonymous 1

Caroline Wozniacki People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE