Venus Williams unseeded at Wimbledon for first time since 1997

Jun 23, 2012 Full story: Ledger-Enquirer.com 12

Venus Williams faces a tough road if she is to win a sixth Wimbledon title. The seedings were announced Wednesday for the tournament, which begins Monday, and five-time champion Williams is unseeded for the first time since her debut there in 1997.

Full Story
DB Cooper

United States

#1 Jun 25, 2012
it's sad when an athlete don't know when to retire
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#2 Jun 30, 2012
Yes, she has been a great player, not a great role model, but it is time for her to go. She can take her volatile, big-mouth sister with her!!!!!!!! And her parents as well!!!!!!!!!!
john

Euless, TX

#3 Jul 3, 2012
Italain Stallion wrote:
Yes, she has been a great player, not a great role model, but it is time for her to go. She can take her volatile, big-mouth sister with her!!!!!!!! And her parents as well!!!!!!!!!!
Racist so now it's the whole black family. I knew it what has Venus done in your mind? What did her parents do? Not a thing but I am sure you will find something.
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#4 Jul 4, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text> Racist so now it's the whole black family. I knew it what has Venus done in your mind? What did her parents do? Not a thing but I am sure you will find something.
John you have finally convinced me that you are a complete idiot. You obviously either can't read very well or don't care what others say. I told you I am not racist you moron. The only thing you said that makes any sense is that Venus isn't nearly as bad as Serena although she has had her outbursts as well, just not as belligerent as her sister. I don't like the parents because they seem to think that their daughters are above the game. Like i said earlier, children take after their parents so where do you think Serena got her behaviour from???????? If you are going to completely ignore what I say, then you really should stop replying. Understand you f*&^%ing idiot??????????
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#5 Jul 4, 2012
Italain Stallion wrote:
Where in these comments do I sound like a racist? OK I can only assume now that you are f&^%ing Serena, Venus or both???????
john

Sikeston, MO

#6 Jul 4, 2012
Italain Stallion wrote:
<quoted text>John you have finally convinced me that you are a complete idiot. You obviously either can't read very well or don't care what others say. I told you I am not racist you moron. The only thing you said that makes any sense is that Venus isn't nearly as bad as Serena although she has had her outbursts as well, just not as belligerent as her sister. I don't like the parents because they seem to think that their daughters are above the game. Like i said earlier, children take after their parents so where do you think Serena got her behaviour from???????? If you are going to completely ignore what I say, then you really should stop replying. Understand you f*&^%ing idiot??????????
where did you get that mouth from your mother. You talk about how Serena act but you disrespect people. So you don't want Serena to do the same thing you do on here. Oh I read very well that's why I know a racist pig when I read vile disrespectful comments. Just because someone don't agree with what you think about someone don't mean to act childish and called people idiots . You must have a limited vocabulary you are mad that you can't convince me to hate someone who has never did any harm to me or affect my life one way or the other. When children get grown they live their life and parents hope that they will make good choices. You only answer what you want to answer I asked you what had Venus done? I didn't say she wasn't as bad as Serena. You are delusional and very disrespectful.
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#7 Jul 4, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>
where did you get that mouth from your mother. You talk about how Serena act but you disrespect people. So you don't want Serena to do the same thing you do on here. Oh I read very well that's why I know a racist pig when I read vile disrespectful comments. Just because someone don't agree with what you think about someone don't mean to act childish and called people idiots . You must have a limited vocabulary you are mad that you can't convince me to hate someone who has never did any harm to me or affect my life one way or the other. When children get grown they live their life and parents hope that they will make good choices. You only answer what you want to answer I asked you what had Venus done? I didn't say she wasn't as bad as Serena. You are delusional and very disrespectful.
You are an idiot and your English grammar is brutal!!!!!!!!
john

Sikeston, MO

#8 Jul 4, 2012
Italain Stallion wrote:
<quoted text>You are an idiot and your English grammar is brutal!!!!!!!!
you are juvenile and your ranting is ignorance. You talk about grammar but stoop to name calling to make yourself feel better. You try to belittle people but that speaks volume about your character. You try to justify why you say things but deep down you are a miserable person. I might not agree with people comments but I do not disrespect people because I don't agree.
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#9 Jul 4, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen ass^&^e I didn't insult your family. My mom is a saint. If you were here, I would kick your big mouth all over the place. Go f76k yourself because i am sure nobody else would!!!!!!!
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#10 Jul 4, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>
you are juvenile and your ranting is ignorance. You talk about grammar but stoop to name calling to make yourself feel better. You try to belittle people but that speaks volume about your character. You try to justify why you say things but deep down you are a miserable person. I might not agree with people comments but I do not disrespect people because I don't agree.
Nothing you say makes sense or matters to anyone but yourself. You just don't seem to know what you are talking about at all.
john

Sikeston, MO

#11 Jul 4, 2012
Italain Stallion wrote:
<quoted text>Listen ass^&^e I didn't insult your family. My mom is a saint. If you were here, I would kick your big mouth all over the place. Go f76k yourself because i am sure nobody else would!!!!!!!
Your mom is a saint then what happen to you? You said children get their attitudes from their parents. No disrespect to your mom but I was insulting you. I don't know your mother but do she know what comes out of your filthy mouth. I am not worried about you kicking my anything. Your an internet buffoon. You been disrespectful for the longest and now you want to show your a brute. You know how you talk to people is wrong or you would not have got offended. How did I disrespect your mother asking where you got that foul mouth from? Your mother might be a saint but you sir are not.
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#12 Jul 5, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mom is a saint then what happen to you? You said children get their attitudes from their parents. No disrespect to your mom but I was insulting you. I don't know your mother but do she know what comes out of your filthy mouth. I am not worried about you kicking my anything. Your an internet buffoon. You been disrespectful for the longest and now you want to show your a brute. You know how you talk to people is wrong or you would not have got offended. How did I disrespect your mother asking where you got that foul mouth from? Your mother might be a saint but you sir are not.
I don't talk to people in real life this way. You are just some moron on the internet. Besides, you have accused me of being a racist over and over again because I called Serena an ape and nothing could be farther from the truth. Good bye idiot!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tennis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No. 1 Justine Henin retires from tennis immedia... (May '08) Jan 12 ben stillhere 61
Clijsters Stuns Serena at U.S. Open (Sep '09) Jan 12 ben stillhere 16
Martina Navratilova proposes to girlfriend at... Jan 4 Kennyvonallen 2
V. Williams wins 4th Wimbledon title (Jul '07) Dec '14 proudblkgirl 19
Mitt Romney tells a joke: So President Obama wa... Dec '14 einnor 4
The search is on for McIlroy's contemporary rival Dec '14 Rick Fain 1
Nadal Receives 'Favourite Son Of Mallorca' Award Dec '14 catherine e barnes 1
More from around the web