Feed your computers some chips

Feed your computers some chips

There are 2 comments on the LA Daily News story from Aug 7, 2009, titled Feed your computers some chips. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Neither I nor my computers are getting any younger. While I'm taking more vitamins, eating less fat and at least thinking about exercising, my stable of computers - none of which emerged from an overseas factory later than 2003 - also needs extra attention.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Geek

Reseda, CA

#1 Aug 7, 2009
A good site to find out what kind of RAM your computer needs is Crucial-the Memory Experts ( www.crucial.com ). They can scan your computer & let you know exactly what you have. Once you know what you might need, you can buy it from them or shop around.
John

Pasadena, CA

#2 Aug 8, 2009
"...it appears to be cheaper to add memory to a newer PC than to an older one". I disagree. Memory only gets more expensive when it goes out of fashion, by which time you have to either dump your PC altogether or replace all cooling fans PDQ (which includes the CPU cooler and power supply). Unless your PC was of an obsolete type when you bought it, the best time to add memory is about a year after purchase.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ubuntu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Install Remote Desktop Ubuntu Server with X2go ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Dave 1
News KaOS Calms Down KDE (Jul '14) Jul '14 Matthias Schuster 1
News Ubuntu's Lonely Road (Dec '13) Mar '14 Dirty African Ubuntu 2
News Linux on the NUC: Using Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, a... (Feb '14) Feb '14 huh 1
News Lini is a Haswell PC for Linuxa a (Jan '14) Jan '14 XubuntuLover 1
News Which Linux? (Jun '13) Jun '13 jymm 1
News [TORRENT] tooppy_1-0_precise-5.4.3.iso (Jun '13) Jun '13 Gerald 1
More from around the web