Using G OS 3.0 to access Google programs

Full story: Newsday

Before recent fuss over the new Google Chrome browser, I was looking at another new freebie that may give the average user a better idea of where the search giant is headed.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
KoKo

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Why in god's name isn't Google Calendar offline-capable? That is the only app that REQUIRES offline capability, because you need 100% access to your data, or else the app is worthless.

Your calendar consists of your data. That data is unique to you, and there can be only one version of it. I suppose you could store your calendar data locally on the laptop, but then you lose access to it from other computers, and you also lose data security.

And for that matter, why is calendar data stored some proprietary file format? Why can't I use Outlook to open my Google Calendar data when I am offline?

If they fix these obvious flaws (no offline access to the app OR the data), then I will have a nearly perpetually backed up, nearly device-independent and universally accessible to my work tools.
james

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

gos.com ? Its the Gloucestershire Organised Sports website :(
carl

Brandon, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

nice,,, installing gOS on my EEE pc right now , it's pretty much the same as Ubuntu 7.10
Poiema

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

james wrote:
gos.com? Its the Gloucestershire Organised Sports website :(
James - The website is thinkgos.com

Poiema
fan boy

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

who the heck cares about this google junk and linux turd wtf???
Dave

Diósd, Hungary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

I have been using this os through the different beta stages and it just gets better (maybe a few flaws in it) but overall very pleased.
This is certainly a savage contender against ubuntu and as they iron out the flaws i will become more popular like ubuntu.
I find it a more user friendly version of ubuntu , so if you have been putting up with the bsod for years and want something different then this will be the one to try.
Keep up the good work g os.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ubuntu Discussions

Search the Ubuntu Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ubuntu's Lonely Road (Dec '13) Mar '14 Dirty African Ubuntu 2
Linux on the NUC: Using Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, a... Feb '14 huh 1
Lini is a Haswell PC for Linuxa a (Jan '14) Jan '14 XubuntuLover 1
Which Linux? (Jun '13) Jun '13 jymm 1
[TORRENT] tooppy_1-0_precise-5.4.3.iso (Jun '13) Jun '13 Gerald 1
ModernMix runs Metro applications in desktop mode (Mar '13) Mar '13 Mike 1
The Ubuntu smartphone is a glimpse of the future (Jan '13) Jan '13 Dirty African Ubuntu 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••