The Linux Chronicles, Part 1

Jun 30, 2010 Full story: The Register

Last Autumn I volunteered to review Windows 7. But in the following weeks, I found Linux to be preferable in many ways.

Full Story
Chris B

Corpus Christi, TX

#1 Jun 30, 2010
Hi, IN fact I found at least five that have a security shell better than windows right out of the box!!! Here they are:
PCLinux2010 With update of KDE to 4.4!
Puppy linux 4.2 With update of course!
Berry linux 1.00 - 1.03 out of box Great for backup!
Fedora 12 Best when using LiveCD.
Sun solaris 10 with updates! Great support.
These five are a huge suprise to those whom never heard of linux OS these I recommend for beginners to advance users. Customization is simple but they need a step by step guide.
Security is as simple as letting the Automatic settings setup in system settings.
Windows has you ask a dozen questions for setting up your firewall!!! and Anti-virus still third party setup here not all 100% Windows. Yes, bugs are still there.
That is why I went to linux systems for security.
stabilty updates are more better than APPle.

Since: Apr 09

South Gate, CA

#2 Jun 30, 2010
So far Linux is behind in the operating systems race. However, they should be number one. It's, free, few viruses, easy control, complex encryption, more options for modification. You don't even need to be a genius to run Linux. At same time, experts will be challenged by it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ubuntu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KaOS Calms Down KDE Jul '14 Matthias Schuster 1
Ubuntu's Lonely Road (Dec '13) Mar '14 Dirty African Ubuntu 2
Linux on the NUC: Using Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, a... (Feb '14) Feb '14 huh 1
Lini is a Haswell PC for Linuxa a (Jan '14) Jan '14 XubuntuLover 1
Which Linux? (Jun '13) Jun '13 jymm 1
[TORRENT] tooppy_1-0_precise-5.4.3.iso (Jun '13) Jun '13 Gerald 1
ModernMix runs Metro applications in desktop mode (Mar '13) Mar '13 Mike 1
More from around the web