US scientists chafe at restrictions o...

US scientists chafe at restrictions on new stem-cell lines

There are 3 comments on the NatureNews story from Jun 4, 2013, titled US scientists chafe at restrictions on new stem-cell lines. In it, NatureNews reports that:

The announcement last month of a long-awaited breakthrough in stem-cell research - the creation of stem-cell lines from a cloned human embryo - has revived interest in using embryonic stem cells to treat disease.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NatureNews.

C Rodgers

Alexandria, VA

#1 Jun 4, 2013
Why are resources being spent on embryonic stem cell research when adult stem cell research has been more successful resulting in actual treatment of diseases. Progress has been slow, in part due to resources being spent using embryos to no successful end. Please focus on adult stem cell research which has results with cancer and Crohn's disease.
Reverend Wright

Baltimore, MD

#2 Jun 4, 2013
I sharted..

Since: Jul 13

Delhi, India

#3 Jul 30, 2013
I agree with C Rodgers. We should focus more on adult stem cell research instead of embryonic stem cell research. When it is sill considered as illegal, why waste time & money on it. Adult stem cell therapy is the future, so why not spend all the resources on it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stem Cell Research Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Science 77,044
News Canadian clinics begin offering stem-cell treat... Jul 4 Paul 1
HIV-infected cells used to create iPSCs Jul 3 Aarment 1
News Support umbilical cord blood banking (Apr '09) Jun 26 Anonymous 7
best treatment for stem cell research regarding... (Apr '13) Jun 26 tcb_tcb 2
Making sense of it all..... Mar '17 Reiserjon44 1
fetal stem cell treatment (Feb '06) Mar '17 FRAUDBUSTER 2,800
More from around the web