Scientists Clone Human Embryos To Mak...

Scientists Clone Human Embryos To Make Stem Cells

There are 18 comments on the www.npr.org story from May 16, 2013, titled Scientists Clone Human Embryos To Make Stem Cells. In it, www.npr.org reports that:

Scientists say they have, for the first time, cloned human embryos capable of producing embryonic stem cells.

The accomplishment is a long-sought step toward harnessing the potential power of embryonic stem cells to treat many human diseases. But the work also raises a host of ethical concerns.

"This is a huge scientific advance," said Dr. George Daley, a Harvard stem cell scientist who wasn't involved in the work. "But it's going to, I think, raise the specter of controversy again."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.npr.org.

Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

#1 May 16, 2013
Statement in the article:

"The scientists also used cloning techniques, which raise concerns that the research could lead to the cloning of people."

A cloned human embryo is ALREADY a cloned people. Pop that fertilized egg (embryo) into a 'mommy oven' and nine months later, you've got a little person (human baby).
Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

#2 May 16, 2013
P.S.

Ted Kazinski (Unabomber) WARNED about how once technology is developed, there is no turning back.

Scientists are just one step short of cloning people.

It is now just a matter of time that this human cloning happens somewhere in the world.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#3 May 16, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
"The scientists also used cloning techniques, which raise concerns that the research could lead to the cloning of people."
A cloned human embryo is ALREADY a cloned people. Pop that fertilized egg (embryo) into a 'mommy oven' and nine months later, you've got a little person (human baby).
Read up on cloning. You cannot condemn it if you don't know what it is.
Jaimie

Madison, WI

#4 May 16, 2013
old research done by many rich men since Military refuses to share their information without PAYMENT because WHY? It is owned by a rich MA... PERIOD pay him too..

Placenta harvarding and harvesting is a major crime in Wisconsin, Japan Xioung Wong is even on International Affairs investigations into mid day birth (2nd SHift) Right or left nutt?

They can reignite your brain after death and did the placenta as well, used to harvard a second child of clone process.. Disrupts human childrens life like a visitor, extra voices, extra thoughts, hauntings......

It's illegal. Wisconsin refuses to permit interractions and disruptors to extermination of blood lines, so used a placenta extra curricularly, they take the feces and urine of the healthiest of both sexes, and the crystalized debris in septic and made a unlawful pharmacy for cures... It is discirminatory, ONLY per family emmebr by DNA link PERIOD

Could be a 500 paralel system of many multiple intent and personaility of charactors, gross distortions of a shared placenta with disregard of one child, UNKNOWN Life form to host family that fights sibling?????????? But brian has 250 chambers many speeds of that distort relaity in each, then a psychic link to 250 additional.. Plus children father fostered without Confirmation by birth mother disruptions, PLUS abortions or miscarriages birthing again in coronors office as by MANDATED THEY HAVE to try to reignite brain and heart to see if REALLLLY DEAD and the child is still alive someplace....

WHo funds all this FEDS and coronors funding groups? The kids turn into a sex slave for housing and cold blooded killer of parents and siblings that have no comprehenison of their exisitence outside of prayers to extinguish soul that is tormenting them and haunting PERIOD

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#5 May 16, 2013
Jaimie wrote:
old research done by many rich men since Military refuses to share their information without PAYMENT because WHY? It is owned by a rich MA... PERIOD pay him too..
Placenta harvarding and harvesting is a major crime in Wisconsin, Japan Xioung Wong is even on International Affairs investigations into mid day birth (2nd SHift) Right or left nutt?
They can reignite your brain after death and did the placenta as well, used to harvard a second child of clone process.. Disrupts human childrens life like a visitor, extra voices, extra thoughts, hauntings......
It's illegal. Wisconsin refuses to permit interractions and disruptors to extermination of blood lines, so used a placenta extra curricularly, they take the feces and urine of the healthiest of both sexes, and the crystalized debris in septic and made a unlawful pharmacy for cures... It is discirminatory, ONLY per family emmebr by DNA link PERIOD
Could be a 500 paralel system of many multiple intent and personaility of charactors, gross distortions of a shared placenta with disregard of one child, UNKNOWN Life form to host family that fights sibling?????????? But brian has 250 chambers many speeds of that distort relaity in each, then a psychic link to 250 additional.. Plus children father fostered without Confirmation by birth mother disruptions, PLUS abortions or miscarriages birthing again in coronors office as by MANDATED THEY HAVE to try to reignite brain and heart to see if REALLLLY DEAD and the child is still alive someplace....
WHo funds all this FEDS and coronors funding groups? The kids turn into a sex slave for housing and cold blooded killer of parents and siblings that have no comprehenison of their exisitence outside of prayers to extinguish soul that is tormenting them and haunting PERIOD
Sorry, who is Brian again?
Is he a foster father?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6 May 16, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
P.S.
Ted Kazinski (Unabomber) WARNED about how once technology is developed, there is no turning back.
Scientists are just one step short of cloning people.
It is now just a matter of time that this human cloning happens somewhere in the world.
It's already happened. I'm having sibling rivalry with myself.
femmeIntellect

Irmo, SC

#7 May 16, 2013
If someday clones live among us i wonder if it will be a new race that wants rights and citizenship. I wonder if there will be hate crimes against i wonder if they will be banned from churches bc they wont have souls. I wonder if after the first one what if it spreads the zombie virus.

Hmmm
Jat
Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

#8 May 16, 2013
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
The condemnation is in your head.

I said that human cloning is just around the corner.

<Maybe you were thinking of getting 'cloned'?? >
<I'm trying to imaging Topix with TWO Mr. Bills --- FAINT>

<LOL>

Hypoluxo Fl

#9 May 16, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
You have nothing to worry about. No self respecting scientist would even consider cloning ignorant frightwingnuts like you. We don't need any more brain cells with DNA damage.

Hypoluxo Fl

#10 May 16, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>It's already happened. I'm having sibling rivalry with myself.
Now that's what I call inbreeding.

Hypoluxo Fl

#11 May 16, 2013
Jaimie wrote:
Time to beam yourself back to the Delta Quadrant.

Location hidden

#12 May 16, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Now that's what I call inbreeding.
That phase is over. Now we're just good friends.

By the way, the entertainer Cher also went through the cloning process. Now we have Cher and Cher-alike.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#13 May 16, 2013
femmeIntellect wrote:
If someday clones live among us i wonder if it will be a new race that wants rights and citizenship. I wonder if there will be hate crimes against i wonder if they will be banned from churches bc they wont have souls. I wonder if after the first one what if it spreads the zombie virus.
Hmmm
Jat
Someone has probably already done it somewhere in the world and we just don't know it.

Location hidden

#14 May 16, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone has probably already done it somewhere in the world and we just don't know it.
Slowly I turn..........

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#15 May 16, 2013
Old News. Mr. Bill must be 95 years old if he thinks this is news.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#16 May 16, 2013
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they cloning all of your hot "FISHES" Billy Boy?
Nincompoop
Sheik Yerbouti

Doylestown, PA

#17 May 17, 2013
BandMaster wrote:
<quoted text>Are they cloning all of your hot "FISHES" Billy Boy?
Nincompoop
Shiver me timbers, ninthman is back!!

Since: Jul 13

Roorkee, India

#18 Aug 1, 2013
Though this is old news now, still I am quite inquisitive to know more about this Cloning Human Embryos thing. Wanna know more about this phenomenon..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stem Cell Research Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Brian_G 19,796
News Researchers to test MS patients with type of st... 14 hr FEAR MONGERING 4
Penis enlargement using stem cells (May '10) Jun 29 ShermanKight 28
News Stem Cell Researchers Make Healthy Cells from S... Jun 29 ShermanKight 2
Stem Cell therapy in China/Germany (Apr '07) Jun 29 ShermanKight 196
Stem Cell for Optic Nerve Growth (Oct '08) Jun 29 ShermanKight 32
fetal stem cell treatment (Feb '06) Jun 27 ShermanKight 2,752
More from around the web