Go To Hell, Go Directly To Hell

Go To Hell, Go Directly To Hell

There are 289 comments on the The J-Walk Blog story from Jul 1, 2006, titled Go To Hell, Go Directly To Hell. In it, The J-Walk Blog reports that:

More enlightened Catholic news: Excommunication Is Sought for Stem Cell Researchers .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The J-Walk Blog.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Old vet

Austin, TX

#1 Jul 2, 2006
Those researchers have already excommunicated themselves. The church would merely be delivering the message.
Daniel Lindsay

Brisbane, Australia

#2 Oct 18, 2006
The church is being completely unreasonable i think it the general belief of the scietific community that stem cells maybe the answer to curing and fixing many human problems and diseases and the church should respect the bettering of man kind
zoompad

Knaresborough, UK

#3 Oct 18, 2006
Daniel Lindsay wrote:
The church is being completely unreasonable i think it the general belief of the scietific community that stem cells maybe the answer to curing and fixing many human problems and diseases and the church should respect the bettering of man kind
Don't they have to kill little babies to do this type of research?
Scutter

Glendale, CA

#4 Oct 19, 2006
zoompad wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't they have to kill little babies to do this type of research?
Do you consider 8 cells (no brain, no heart, no bones, just 8 cells) a baby?
zoompad

Knaresborough, UK

#5 Oct 20, 2006
Scutter wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what they do the stem cell research on?

I guess I have a deep mistrust of scientists anyway. People say that we need scientists to look for medical cures, to help people. Medical research is a noble use for science, but a lot of science seems to be about trying to become more Godlike without actually wanting to know God. I wouldn't be at all surprised if someone had already cloned a human being.

It feels wrong to me, to be experimenting on human embreyos. I just don't think God would be happy about it.
Sheryl

Annandale, NJ

#6 Oct 20, 2006
Daniel Lindsay wrote:
I agree. Remember that when religion ruled the world it is now referred to as the "Dark Ages". I'm for the betterment of humankind through science AND religion.
Rob

United States

#7 Oct 26, 2006
What a stupid thing to say, if its your son or daughter or someone you love that is dying you will do anything to find a cure, or somethin atleast to help them. I think the "almighty" would be for people researching to keep people alive, my mother has cancer, is kemo therapy playing god? If he intended for her to die, should she atleast not be given a chance to live? SO YOU GO TO HELL, DIRECTLY TO HELL, DO NOT PASS GO.....
Ghost

Nazareth, PA

#8 Oct 26, 2006
I would not put too much trust or faith in the "church" arena. It seems that as of late, the "church" is and has been slowly being exposed for what they might really be. a haven and santuary for perverts, pedophiles, molesters, and other warped individuals throughout time. with education comes enlightemnent and exposure to the facts with abolishment of old fears and guarded teachings. perhaps the usefulness of the "church' has become outdated with explanation of past unfounded concerns, fears, and taboos..
Patty

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Oct 26, 2006
Old vet wrote:
Those researchers have already excommunicated themselves. The church would merely be delivering the message.
Oh well. This research is needed to save lives in the future. You would not use it if one of yours benefited from it? i think u would
Crance

London, KY

#10 Oct 26, 2006
Ghost wrote:
I would not put too much trust or faith in the "church" arena. It seems that as of late, the "church" is and has been slowly being exposed for what they might really be. a haven and santuary for perverts, pedophiles, molesters, and other warped individuals throughout time. with education comes enlightemnent and exposure to the facts with abolishment of old fears and guarded teachings. perhaps the usefulness of the "church' has become outdated with explanation of past unfounded concerns, fears, and taboos..
Ghost,

The "Church" directly opposes the pedophile situation. We are both incensed and embarassed by it.

It does not define what we stand for and it is against all of our values.

The Church is the People. Problems of immorality have always been a problem. We do not crumble under the pressure nor do we throw the 'baby out with the bathwater'!

Peace
Sheryl

Annandale, NJ

#11 Nov 11, 2006
Crance wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghost,
The "Church" directly opposes the pedophile situation. We are both incensed and embarassed by it.
It does not define what we stand for and it is against all of our values.
The Church is the People. Problems of immorality have always been a problem. We do not crumble under the pressure nor do we throw the 'baby out with the bathwater'!
Peace
Hi John...I have no comment at this time; I just wanted to tell you hi and that it's always good to see you :)
dutch

Galloway, OH

#12 Nov 12, 2006
Life begins at the moment of conception!
miraclegoose

Alton, IL

#13 Nov 12, 2006
Ghost wrote:
I agree with you. But don't you think it will be hard for them to part with all that power and money?
Wandering

UK

#14 Nov 12, 2006
Scutter wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any children of your own ?

If you do, look into any of your children's faces and know in your heart and soul that each of those children was once "8 cells (no brain, no heat. no bones, just 8 cells)".

Would you have offered their "8 cells (no brain, no heat. no bones, just 8 cells)" for stem cell research ?

I used to think a child was once just a bunch of cells, till I had my own. I killed my first child, believing him/her to be "8 cells (no brain, no heat. no bones, just 8 cells)".

I would very much like that developments can be made in researching many diseases. We don't have to kill children to get there however - and this is one thing and one thing only, killing children.

If you have a child of your own - search your heart and soul and tell me I am wrong.
Lance Winslow

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#15 Nov 12, 2006
Do not pass go and pay $200.00
Old vet

New Castle, PA

#16 Nov 12, 2006
Patty wrote:
<quoted text> This research is needed to save lives in the future.
There is no evidence of that, even after billions of dollars have been spent on it.
help me

AOL

#17 Nov 12, 2006
HELP me understand where you are coming from when it comes to stem cells. My son is type one juv. diabetic, we go to JHH and he has to check his blood and urine everyday 5-6 times aday. If you know anything about diabetes, You will know that it is a hard thing to live with. Now, walk a mile in my sons shoes and tell me that you would not like to have the testing done!!! I can understand when it comes to partial birth abortions, this is when you have to have the child all the way up till the head of the child comes out of you and then they cut the spinal cord and kills the baby. But like I said if you walk a mile in my sons shoes you would or just might take a second look at the answers that you choose when it comes to stem cells. I am one of the women that is totally against abortion and I will be the first to tell you that there are alot of couples that can not have children and the cell that is fertilized and then could be placed in a woman is a great thing, but; so is saving my sons life and furture:;
Old vet

New Castle, PA

#18 Nov 12, 2006
help me wrote:
HELP me understand where you are coming from when it comes to stem cells.
It is realy quite simple. There is no evidence that experiments on embyronic stem cells will ever help anybody's health. That remains true after billions of dollars have been spent on such research. On the other hand, research on non-embryonic stem cells has already provided benefits. IF the money and efforts spent so far on embryonic stem cell reasearch had been spent on other medical reaearch, it is likely that many people's health would have already been improved.
Wandering

UK

#19 Nov 12, 2006
"but; so is saving my sons life and furture:; "As it should be.

I do understand where you are coming from Old Vet, more than you can possibly realise. I think this is a Christian site ? At least people who believe in God ? If so, then you cannot justify the taking of one life for another. Giving a life up, willingly, to save another is another matter. It's not easy - situations such as your son and many others. You can NOT say however that 'embryonic cells' are not children. Look at your son now and tell me that he was never, at one time in his human development 'just a bunch of cells'. That's all any of us are anyway - then and now - a 'just a mass bunch of cells'. We all live. We will all die. If people really believed in God as they claimed - and 'eternal life', then they need to really take on board what they profess to believe.

If a person here can say that their child was once 'just a bunch of cells' and that's all they were, that's up to them. We all have the choice to believe what we believe. I am not speaking from a religious context. I believe human life begins at conception.

This is only another perspective. Life is life. We respect it or we do not. The 'bunch of cells' is a child that no other 'bunch of cells' can ever replicate, even through 'cloning'. If it salves someone's conscience by saying they are just killing a 'bunch of cells' and not a child - then I believe they are to be pitied more than anything. A scientist who claims to wish to better life, prolong it or whatever, certainly a 'Christian' scientist, would do well to contemplate the meaning of life itself.

I am sure everyone here would love to erradicate suffering as much as possible. I try to in life. However - at what cost to life. Where do we draw the line.

Show me when the little 'bunch of cells' in the early stages of human development have never contained all necessary for continuing development into a fully functioning human being - infant, child, adult - and I might reconsider.

I know where you are coming from 'help me' and believe me, I TRULY empathise with where you are at. I am giving a perpective, what I believe and saying why I believe it. If someone can give me an alternative - by all means......... go ahead.

SpookieKat

Columbus, GA

#20 Nov 13, 2006
so we let those already born die or suffer from illnesses that ESCR might find a cure for...
and we let those blastocysts either remain frozen forever or trashed.

it's win-win sitution ain't it?

Those embroyos (blastocysts)are sitting in the IVF clinics in a freezer. many are either left frozen or trashed.

meanwhile we have people already suffering from illness and will contiune to suffer for illnesses.
and while we have not found a cure out of this yet for humans(we have for some treatment for the rats) the research is still so new. And things like this takes time.

If it was matter of first you don't succeed you give up, we would never had the progress in the medical field and other things that we have had.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stem Cell Research Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) Wed ChristineM 45,559
News Cellular Dynamics International Launches Opsis ... Wed kuhnstefanie 1
News Stiff and oxygen-deprived tumors promote spread... Sep 13 Stephany McDowell 1
sphere‑forming cells from the gastric ca... Jun '16 daryaaa 1
fetal stem cell treatment (Feb '06) Jun '16 Sheila 2,778
thinking of going to stem cell (Jul '15) Jun '16 Sheila 7
The God Cells - new documentary about stem cell... Jun '16 Sheila 2
More from around the web