How do I remove the AV Security 2012 ...

How do I remove the AV Security 2012 virus?

Posted in the Spyware Forum

dundermfln

Bangor, ME

#1 Nov 15, 2011
I do NOT want to be sold someones removal tool or other software tool. Does anyone who is tech knowledgeable know how to manually remove this virus? Also my Microsoft Security Essentials has the update but doesn't get rid of it. Security Essentials will stop the virus and say that it's been removed however the virus keeps returning. I can find it under Start Menu but when I remove the file location it still reappears soon after. I wouldn't mind someone recommending a brand name spyware/antivirus but I've also read that there are antivirus software that isn't catching this and/or it's not removing it. Basically I'm not looking for more spam just solutions. I've gone to YouTube but all I find is video after video telling us to go to someones website and purchase their tool. And even when they do give us instructions they only take us part way through before once again spamming us to go to their site and purchase their product. Is there a way to remove the how do I remove the AV Security 2012 virus? Also the Microsoft Site has information but basically I found it useless.

“Wasting time like it was free”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#2 Nov 27, 2011
Run Combofix

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spyware Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Social engineering. What is it and how to preve... Feb '17 Meanwhile 1
News Canadian cyber firm confirms it was the victim ... Feb '17 Meanwhile 1
trc.taboola.com on computer (Jan '17) Jan '17 worried lady 1
mobile spy softwares - call recordings to remot... (Aug '15) Oct '16 ginny8888 3
News Antivirus Spartan Pro 1.1.2 (Sep '16) Sep '16 Shawn 1
News AntiKeylogger Doctor 1.1.1 (Sep '16) Sep '16 Jacob 1
HOW TO SPY on Text messages, whatsapp chat of y... (Dec '13) Jul '16 wright 8
More from around the web