Want a ticket to the moon? All you need is $1.5 billion

Full story: KBCI CBS 2
A team of former NASA executives is launching a private venture to send people to the moon for a price that is definitely out of this world. Full Story

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1 Dec 6, 2012
I'd be the first one to go if I had the green.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#2 Dec 6, 2012
Decades ago, it was obvious to NASA that the best & most efficient science was best performed by unmanned spacecraft. However, to excite the gov't funders & the public, ya had to kill some astronauts once in a while.

NASA got fed up with a public & know-nothing legislators, who wouldn't get involved with spectacular science performed by superlatively designed excellent spacecraft, without 'bodies with the right stuff', along for the ride.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Dec 6, 2012
Ralph, this is your big chance. You always promised Alice!

“Slightly below above-average”

Since: Jul 10

arguably garrulous

#4 Dec 6, 2012
litesong wrote:
Decades ago, it was obvious to NASA that the best & most efficient science was best performed by unmanned spacecraft. However, to excite the gov't funders & the public, ya had to kill some astronauts once in a while.
NASA got fed up with a public & know-nothing legislators, who wouldn't get involved with spectacular science performed by superlatively designed excellent spacecraft, without 'bodies with the right stuff', along for the ride.
Still... there was the very first 'robot' on the moon.
What was its name?
We've had robots on Mars...(wait for it)... name one.

It ain't gonna mean cr*p until you can hit a golf ball off whatever inergalactic celestial orb on which you're currently standing.
On the moon... we got an Eagle. And a Snoopy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Space Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Space Debris Impact Test 6 hr SpaceBlues 2
Expert: We must act fast on warming (Sep '08) 6 hr SpaceBlues 27,060
Learn to be a ham radio operator (Nov '13) 22 hr HAM 12345 2
California evades massive giveaway to Tesla: Th... Mon Solarman 1
Two new SETI programs will listen for aliens Sep 13 Kid_Tomorrow 15
NASA's newest human spacecraft on the move Sep 13 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Second solar storm hits Earth, auroras expected... Sep 13 Kid_Tomorrow 1
•••

Space People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE