Expert: We must act fast on warming

Expert: We must act fast on warming

There are 28465 comments on the Kansas.com story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Expert: We must act fast on warming. In it, Kansas.com reports that:

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#26651 Mar 28, 2013
Beware of Wiki! It is not the scientists who you need to be concerned about, it is the big energy corporations.

CNET reported that BP's press representative "Arturo BP" was not touching BP's page, but instead relied on other editors to make changes. Arturo BP was as a proxy to vet facts for Wikipedia from "experts within the company."

Indeed, companies can and do manage their Wikipedia profiles. Wikipedia page management is often viewed as brand management. What's unclear is where the line between corporate brand management, community and fact and fiction lie.
http://www.zdnet.com/big-oils-wikipedia-clean...
SpaceBlues

United States

#26652 Mar 28, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Beware of Wiki! It is not the scientists who you need to be concerned about, it is the big energy corporations.
CNET reported that BP's press representative "Arturo BP" was not touching BP's page, but instead relied on other editors to make changes. Arturo BP was as a proxy to vet facts for Wikipedia from "experts within the company."
Indeed, companies can and do manage their Wikipedia profiles. Wikipedia page management is often viewed as brand management. What's unclear is where the line between corporate brand management, community and fact and fiction lie.
http://www.zdnet.com/big-oils-wikipedia-clean...
I'm not surprised. That's why I donate $$ to Wikipedia as an individual.

A personal question, what about your profile?
SpaceBlues

United States

#26653 Mar 28, 2013
litesong wrote:
fetid feces face flip flopper fiend flopped:
admitting my diarrhea problem.......
//////////
litesong wrote:
'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' can't ask a proper scientific question because it never had science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa. Of course,'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' never had any other science or mathematics training.
At least,'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' tried math calculations, tho only a few attempts ended in errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES & 73 million TIMES.'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' has never attempted math calculations, which prove that its proficiency in math is worse than that of 'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver'.
True. Its diarrhea problem is 24/7.

It needs to settle in a bathroom away from topix threads.
:-)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#26654 Mar 28, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not surprised. That's why I donate $$ to Wikipedia as an individual.
A personal question, what about your profile?
Not sure what you are asking?
SpaceBlues

United States

#26655 Mar 28, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what you are asking?
Good one. I'm not going to spell "E..."
SoE

United States

#26656 Mar 28, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>There you have it you have taken the first step to recovery admitting it’s your problem. Now continue.
Reply..reply..reply.....commen t..comment..comment........
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#26657 Mar 28, 2013
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
Now would it not be interesting to have a thread on Psychophysical or perhaps Metaphysical? Hmmmm….
.........
Ok, where ?..:-)
.........
There are no exact same conditions. Space time continuum does not support that theory of yours.
.........
correct...my error in wording that poorly (that is the common understanding at this point?)(will a clearly understood quantum mechanics change that?)
..........
Good post.in my opinion, and defines the role history will play and some of the difficulties inherent in the human condition...
SOE no need to go quantum, unless you want to. You can decipher from simple Physics. Note space with a point that is eternal. Give length {distance} to the point and line of eternities of points. Then add depth,{3RD Dimension} Consider all these points of point line and depth embraces a segment of a an eternal void. Hmmm which eternity is greatest? Hmmm But enough of that. Consider once distance was introduced with the 2nd dimension and depth added to the complexity, we can deduce that with the dimension of time that segments eternity, we can now observe motion of all points to wit they will never be to the original point in eternity of the void.
Now for a little bit of fun.. Lets get on board a train that is at the station. A clock indicates its 3 o’clock. Now imagine as you sit in the train it takes off at the speed of light. The clock will always show 3 o’clock and say you advance your point and travel to say the Andromeda Galaxy about 2 million light years ahead. Circle around using the gravity of the two galaxies of ours and Andromeda and fly back on the same 3 o’clock light beam your traveling on and return to the station. Hmmm… How about when you were out there sailing around you fired off missal that traveled at the speed of light perpendicular to your 3 o’clock light traveling beam. Would one consider the adventures of that missal to be in imaginary time? Imagine those adventures of the eternal point of 3 o’clock as the missal fires additional missals at the speed of light perpendicular to its path. What a radiating thought. Don’t you think. Will 3 o’clock ever cease. How about 3:01? Hmmm
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#26658 Mar 28, 2013
SoE wrote:
So, what should be done regarding AGW at this point ?(something..anything..nothing ?)
Granted i suppose it is a matter of belief but what would be the most prudent action ?
No action required for you on AGW.Enjoy the ride and smell the flowers along the way. AGW's fate is sealed and the end is written in the stars.
SoE

United States

#26659 Mar 28, 2013
Oh oh, aren't we beginning to wobble?:-)
..........
Now for a little bit of fun.. Lets get on board a train that is at the station. A clock indicates its 3 o’clock. Now imagine as you sit in the train it takes off at the speed of light. The clock will always show 3 o’clock and say you advance your point and travel to say the Andromeda Galaxy.
..........
Lets say there is two clocks. One at the station and one on board the train. Both clocks are at two o'clock.
I am passing the station both atomic clocks appear to be running normally.(this would discount acceleration)...at point x my clock would have appeared to have slowed to the station yet appeared perfectly normal to me....
I'm not sure i'm following your point...
SoE

United States

#26660 Mar 28, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
No action required for you on AGW.Enjoy the ride and smell the flowers along the way. AGW's fate is sealed and the end is written in the stars.
Well, that may not be a shared decision.
Considering the very narrow climate range required for life and the possibility of loosing many forms ( species) many ,i'm sure, would not sign off on your decision...?
SoE

United States

#26661 Mar 28, 2013
Lets say there is two clocks
..........
ARE...it's late and i'm old :-)
SoE

United States

#26662 Mar 28, 2013
The end may be written in the sun...or before.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#26663 Mar 29, 2013
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
Reply..reply..reply.....commen t..comment..comment........
Did you fall off the wagon again?
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#26664 Mar 29, 2013
litesong wrote:
fetid feces face flip flopper fiend flopped:
admitting my diarrhea problem.......
//////////
litesong wrote:
'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' can't ask a proper scientific question because it never had science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa. Of course,'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' never had any other science or mathematics training.
At least,'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' tried math calculations, tho only a few attempts ended in errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES & 73 million TIMES.'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' has never attempted math calculations, which prove that its proficiency in math is worse than that of 'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver'.
More and more diarrheas from the "pinheadlitesout".
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#26665 Mar 29, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>True. Its diarrhea problem is 24/7.
I needs to settle in a bathroom away from topix threads.
:-)
There you have it the spacedoutblues admits it has an issue. Can the spacedoutblues convince the "pinheadlitesout" to do tha same? Stay tuned more and more diarrheas soon headed your way from the spacedoutblues and the "pinheadlitesout".
SpaceBlues

United States

#26666 Mar 29, 2013
Diarrhea troll above has nothing to say but its diarrhea... As I posted before it changed my post, it needs to find a bathroom and settle there away from Topix.

Diarrhea troll be gone like the other deniers of science! LOL.
SoE

United States

#26668 Mar 29, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Diarrhea troll above has nothing to say but its diarrhea... As I posted before it changed my post, it needs to find a bathroom and settle there away from Topix.
Diarrhea troll be gone like the other deniers of science! LOL.
This is one of those occurrences where one kinda hates to use the term projection ...

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#26669 Mar 29, 2013
Act fast, deploy Liquid Fluoride Thorium Recyclers, Energy Cheaper than Coal.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#26670 Mar 30, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Diarrhea troll above has nothing to say but its diarrhea... As I posted before it changed my post, it needs to find a bathroom and settle there away from Topix.
Diarrhea troll be gone like the other deniers of science! LOL.
There you have it the spacedoutblues admits it has an issue. Can the spacedoutblues convince the "pinheadlitesout" to do tha same? Stay tuned more and more diarrheas soon headed your way from the spacedoutblues,SoE AKA Son of Entertainment and the "pinheadlitesout".
SoE

United States

#26671 Mar 30, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>There you have it the spacedoutblues admits it has an issue. Can the spacedoutblues convince the "pinheadlitesout" to do tha same? Stay tuned more and more diarrheas soon headed your way from the spacedoutblues,SoE AKA Son of Entertainment and the "pinheadlitesout".
Algorithm to follow ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Space Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scientists astonished by weird star deep in space May 21 Suezanne 6
D L bLeak reaper May 16 Brandy trujillo 2
News Sea ice cover at both poles at lowest point of ... May 5 Patriot AKA Bozo 58
News If there's alien life in the universe, where is... (Jul '15) May 4 Earth Whisperer 196
News Ivanka Trump advocates for women, girls in trip... Apr '17 CodeTalker 44
News NASA to announce new discoveries about ocean wo... Apr '17 andet1987 3
D L bLeak reaper Apr '17 Brandy trujillo 1
More from around the web