Expert: We must act fast on warming

Sep 24, 2008 Full story: Kansas.com 27,952

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Full Story

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#26578 Mar 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
A full quote and a citation for my post above:
<quoted text>
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v410/n68...
"Our results provide direct experimental evidence for a significant increase in the Earth's greenhouse effect that is consistent with concerns over radiative forcing of climate."

Good cite dude.

Since: Mar 09

Port Isabel, TX

#26579 Mar 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Fair Game gave us an incomplete quote, the sentence about 'experimental evidence' concludes: "that is consistent with concerns over radiative forcing of climate." So, the experiment isn't on climate change mitigation, it's on light spectra. I've never claimed light spectrum hasn't been experimentally measured; my argument is about the lack of experiments for climate change mitigation.
I know that you are a little slow but try to get your mind around this! If increased CO2 and CH4 cause less IR to escape the atmosphere, then decreasing the amount of CO2 and other GHG's will increase the radiation to space thus causing a cooling effect. What is so hard about understanding that? BTW, the IR in consideration is not in the light spectrum. It is not visible to the human eye.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#26580 Mar 13, 2013
That experimental test is on light spectra, not global temperature. It isn't an experiment on climate change mitigation or on man made greenhouse gas's effect on climate.

Coincidence isn't causality.
litesong

Everett, WA

#26581 Mar 13, 2013
brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
That experimental test is on light spectra......
Since "brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" has no advanced mathematics or science degrees & no upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc for its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa, it uses the term,'light spectra' which is ambiguous, & done purposefully to confuse the issue that Patriot AKA Bozo had clearly stated.

But that's OK. I like "brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" to remain as stupid as it chose to be, by not taking math & science in school & failing to get any science & mathematics degrees.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#26582 Mar 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
That experimental test is on light spectra, not global temperature. It isn't an experiment on climate change mitigation or on man made greenhouse gas's effect on climate.
Coincidence isn't causality.
NONSENSE.

You constantly and continuously reject what you don't understand. What a guy like you doing in the middle of science?

P.S. I know you are free to do so. But for years and years? You must be a simple robot-typist. You certainly don't possess any science understanding.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#26583 Mar 14, 2013
I'm willing to learn, please cite the most compelling experiment you've found for climate change mitigation. I'll wait for technology to catch up to the hype.
PHD

Overton, TX

#26584 Mar 14, 2013
You will get a useful educated answer if you speak to a rock. The "pinheadlitesout" and the spaced out spacedoutblues only have cut and paste scientific science fiction useless babble.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#26585 Mar 14, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I'm willing to learn, please cite the most compelling experiment you've found for climate change mitigation. I'll wait for technology to catch up to the hype.
NONSENSE, again.

You have no idea what those words mean and I don't either.

fossil fuel aka ff used to pound posts like you do. I met his requirements but he never said he learned from it. He stayed off a while bu resumed his denial tale.
PHD

Overton, TX

#26586 Mar 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>NONSENSE, again.
You have no idea what those words mean and I don't either.
fossil fuel aka ff used to pound posts like you do. I met his requirements but he never said he learned from it. He stayed off a while bu resumed his denial tale.
Yo, spacedoutblues would that be the same NASA that made the USA space hitchhikers??
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#26587 Mar 14, 2013

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#26588 Mar 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
NONSENSE, again. You have no idea what those words mean and I don't either.
I know what all those words mean, do you have a problem with the transitive verb,'hype'?

Definition of HYPE

1: put on, deceive

2: to promote or publicize extravagantly <hyping this fall's TV lineup>
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hyp...

SpaceBlues wrote:
If you cite a compelling experimental test of climate change mitigation, I'll stop posting.

I'm waiting...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#26589 Mar 14, 2013
PHD wrote:
Yo, spacedoutblues would that be the same NASA that made the USA space hitchhikers??
Oooohhh, good one!
litesong

Everett, WA

#26591 Mar 14, 2013
brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
I know what all those words mean.....
"brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" got them from its 8th grade science book, first page. It turned the page, he couldn't understand anything else in science & never took anymore science or mathematics. That is why "brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" has made errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES & 73 million TIMES.
litesong

Everett, WA

#26592 Mar 15, 2013
'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' fluffed:
...... would that be the same NASA that made the USA space hitchhikers??
//////////
john wrote:
I believe former president Bush did that.....not NASA. He signed the order to end the shuttle program.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Originally designed to last for 99 missions, it was incredible that they got ~50 flights out of the surviving shuttles. Russia never got people to the moon & never got their shuttle to work properly. No other countries ever did what NASA did.

Obviously,'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' ain't even weakly patriotic, but it is greatly idiotic.
PHD

Overton, TX

#26593 Mar 15, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>NOYB. Are you lonely?
You did post these and more today:
PHD

Overton, TX

#26594 Mar 15, 2013
litesong wrote:
'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' fluffed:
...... would that be the same NASA that made the USA space hitchhikers??
//////////
john wrote:
I believe former president Bush did that.....not NASA. He signed the order to end the shuttle program.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Originally designed to last for 99 missions, it was incredible that they got ~50 flights out of the surviving shuttles. Russia never got people to the moon & never got their shuttle to work properly. No other countries ever did what NASA did.
Obviously,'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' ain't even weakly patriotic, but it is greatly idiotic.
More diarrheas from the “pinheadlitesout”.
PHD

Overton, TX

#26595 Mar 15, 2013
john wrote:
<quoted text>I believe former president Bush did that.....not NASA. He signed the order to end the shuttle program.
That would be a first for the former. Did he actually see it was tax payer’s money wasting away or his investment received its last return?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#26596 Mar 15, 2013
kal wrote:
<quoted text>james hansen would rather have people forget that he spearheaded the new ice age scare of the 70's. we should all focus on his newest and better craze of the doom and gloom crowd, of global warming totally caused by man, and only he and a few chosen others can save the planet from ourselves. if and only if we listen only to them. al gores calling for all young people to resort to civil disobedience will not only test homeland secerty, but also test his social brainwashing of our children program. gore expects his gorites to begin terrorizing our towns at his beck and call any moment now. gotta love them planet savers!
Sooo kalie, you fell into silence when money dried up, huh?
PHD

Overton, TX

#26597 Mar 16, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Sooo kalie, you fell into silence when money dried up, huh?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#26598 Mar 16, 2013

This Web site is an experiment in a new way to tell a historical story. Think of the site as an object like a sculpture or a building. You walk around, looking from this angle and that. In your head you are putting together a rounded representation, even if you don't take the time to inspect every cranny. That is the way we usually learn about anything complex.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Space Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We'll Find Alien Life in This Lifetime, Scienti... (May '14) 13 hr Johnny45 21
China posts fake rocket launch story (Sep '08) Sat McQuan 691
Reborn Kepler spacecraft discovers another planet Sat Kid_Tomorrow 1
Space probe wakes up for close-up with Pluto Dec 19 Sparky Rabbit 3
Orion, Apollo, and Mankind's Future in Space Dec 16 Mr Doom 5
'Journey To Space' to Take Moviegoers on Giant-... Dec 14 Stephany McDowell 1
Pair of NASA studies reaffirm impact of global ... (Dec '11) Dec 14 Earthling-1 78
More from around the web