China sends its first female astronau...

China sends its first female astronaut into space

There are 29 comments on the CTV story from Jun 16, 2012, titled China sends its first female astronaut into space. In it, CTV reports that:

China's first female astronaut Liu Yang salutes during a sending off ceremony as she departs for the Shenzhou 9 spacecraft rocket launch pad at the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in Jiuquan, China, Saturday, June 16, 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CTV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
eagle eyes

Scottsdale, AZ

#2 Jun 18, 2012
30-40 years behind. Nevertheless, still cool.
bill

Christchurch, New Zealand

#3 Jun 19, 2012
well read this,, it is even cooler

The photo of Liu Yang in a spacesuit has been photoshopped from an earlier picture of the major in her air force uniform.(Internet photos/composite by WantChinaTimes)

A photo of Liu Yang, China's first female astronaut, published by state news agency Xinhua has been found to be remarkably similar to another photo in which she wears a military uniform, prompting speculation on the internet that the picture of Liu in a spacesuit may have been modified from the earlier photo.

Many media have picked up the story and called on Xinhua to come clean on the matter. "How could a state agency do such a thing!" said Ma Xiaolin, CEO of news website Bolian ( blshe.com ).

Closer examination of the photo has suggested it may have been doctored by Qin Xianan, a reporter with the People's Liberation Army. But most criticism has been levelled at Xinhua for failing to vet the picture.

Liu became the first Chinese woman in space when she took off aboard the Shenzhou-9 spacecraft on Saturday as part of a crew of three to carry out the country's first manual space docking, with the orbiting Tiangong-1 space lab.
CCPareLIARS

Canada

#4 Jun 20, 2012
This launch is FAKE just as the last "CCP space launch" was PROVEN TO BE FAKED.

The Chinese people are kept stupid and intentionally mislead by the CCP, so many of them may seem to believe it, but everyone else on earth knows these "launches" are routinely FAKED by the CCP propagandists.
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#5 Jun 20, 2012
CCPareLIARS wrote:
This launch is FAKE just as the last "CCP space launch" was PROVEN TO BE FAKED.
The Chinese people are kept stupid and intentionally mislead by the CCP, so many of them may seem to believe it, but everyone else on earth knows these "launches" are routinely FAKED by the CCP propagandists.
Have you been watching too much Hollywood, Miro-tard? It's not filmed in a desert base in Arizona.
Commie SciFi

Redwood City, CA

#6 Jun 20, 2012
Another fake actions inside China space Lab.?

I watched CCTV that shows a guy is legging exercise with the treadmill and a woman is doing something with her fast hands, all of their movements in that zero gravity cell are weird compare with Russia n America space lab.

Does China have 1-child policy inside that space lab ?
AZN

Scarborough, Canada

#7 Jun 24, 2012
American moon landing was also faked. You Jealous trolls
TexasT

Afton, OK

#8 Jun 24, 2012
AZN wrote:
American moon landing was also faked. You Jealous trolls
Yea...that's what the "stupid" folks believe.
jjj

Sunnyvale, CA

#9 Jun 24, 2012
Well, everyone knows the US did not land in the moon. So, China is actually ahead of the US.
CASTING CALL

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Jun 24, 2012
Cut!

It's a wrap!

lol
jjj

Cupertino, CA

#12 Jun 24, 2012
I say China is about even considering the US didn 't actually go to the moon.
bill

Christchurch, New Zealand

#13 Jun 24, 2012
ya all can keep tugging to mao's poster, and chanting, "I dont care if I do go blind, do go,, do go,, do go.
TexasT

Afton, OK

#14 Jun 26, 2012
jjj wrote:
Well, everyone knows the US did not land in the moon. So, China is actually ahead of the US.
Yep....the STUPID ones think they know.
world war iii

Towson, MD

#15 Jun 27, 2012
U.S and Russia sent folks in space 52 years ago...China is so dumb indeed!
AZN

Scarborough, Canada

#16 Jul 1, 2012
world war iii wrote:
Whether China did it 52 years late is besides the point.

Now that China's space initiatives have taken off. It is going to move ahead on a path of sustained progress. Which will see China's endeavours be taken into territory uncharted by either America or Russia.

If yankees are so damn smart, then how come they were never able to live upto the right stuff. What happened?
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#17 Jul 1, 2012
AZN wrote:
<quoted text>Whether China did it 52 years late is besides the point.
Now that China's space initiatives have taken off. It is going to move ahead on a path of sustained progress. Which will see China's endeavours be taken into territory uncharted by either America or Russia.
If yankees are so damn smart, then how come they were never able to live upto the right stuff. What happened?
Broke, that's why.
SpongeBob

Montréal, Canada

#18 Jul 1, 2012
...I wonder why not a male but a female instead? Try to reproduce other half-breed chink up there? The worl was already flooded with chink species, now out space destination? Good luck, Uncle Mao. Wahahahahahahhaha!
WE NUMBER ONE

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Jul 1, 2012
SpongeBob wrote:
...I wonder why not a male but a female instead? Try to reproduce other half-breed chink up there? The worl was already flooded with chink species, now out space destination? Good luck, Uncle Mao. Wahahahahahahhaha!
This technical stuff is way over your people's head, Slopie. Go back to sucking coconuts and mangoes.

A-HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAH!
AZN

Scarborough, Canada

#20 Jul 2, 2012
SpongeBob wrote:
What kind of a troll are you?

The redneck type or the smelly curry munching type?
AZN

Scarborough, Canada

#21 Jul 2, 2012
SpongeBob wrote:
And yes, Chinese will reach farther out into space before anyone else.

Whiteys had the lead. But their own lack of vision and direction led them down the path of failure. They couldn't make the right stuff.

Now that another is getting to where the whiteys couldn't. The whitey's act like cry babies.
no mo shuttle

Camarillo, CA

#22 Jul 2, 2012
world war iii wrote:
true, but can the U.S. send folks to space now ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Space Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Space suits, simulations and 'animal fear': How... Apr 7 Walter glen stockton 2
News If there's alien life in the universe, where is... (Jul '15) Apr 4 positronium 232
News First Las Cruces Space Festival planned in April Apr 1 Bloodonhishands 5
News Chinese Space Station Will Likely Fall To Earth... Mar 29 ickypoolane 1
News Inside the Beltway: Pat Sajak to celebrities: MYOB Mar '18 mr gleeble 2
News Slog AM: Bill Gates' Closed-Door Trump Meeting,... Mar '18 Southern Baptist 1
News Elon Musk at SXSW: Rockets, electric carsa Mar '18 Solarman 1