What is a black hole?

There are 11 comments on the Aug 26, 2012, Earth & Sky story titled What is a black hole?. In it, Earth & Sky reports that:

Black holes may be among the strangest - and most commonly misunderstood - objects in our universe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Earth & Sky.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Original Buzz

United States

#21 Aug 31, 2012
Donny B wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not John. Anymore questions?
Are you looking for a job today?
Everyone knows you are...
John E Colby who posts as DBS, Buzz, Check on Reality, Donny B, endless bummer, takes these names from posters who have offended him by commenting on his crackpot posts. He also frequently posts as Skeptic and Casual Observer.
In his real life, John is an obese, angry, whiny, unemployed, delusional paranoid psychotic who resembles the Pillsbury Dough Boy and lives with his equally morbidly obese sister Pat and two incontinent cats in the Mission Gardens section 8 housing on Grandview in Santa Cruz.
John possesses an enormous, but totally unjustified ego. He claims to have a PhD from UCSC, but lives on public assistance. All the above is verifiable from letters written to IndyBay, Metro Santa Cruz, Topix, the Santa Cruz Sentinel and the San Jose Mercury News. He started on a tirade about meth. He brought meth into almost every thread he posted til it became ludicrous, and he still kept going. MAYBE this is why he's such a mess today.
John's "job" is trying to control all the Topix threads with time outs where he barrages city and county leaders with demands--none of which get serious consideration. He's sent out many complaints to HUD about his section 8 housing and has an ongoing war with JS Co who manages his complex. He's complained for over 3 years, but there he stays. Over 30 of his neighbors signed a petition to have him evicted, alleging he was a threat to children. Unfortunately, John is in a protected class and his neighbors are stuck living next to a ticking time bomb (my opinion).
John also loves to accuse his critics (people he doesn't know except for their posting names which he hijacks) of using meth, being on welfare, being unemployed and doing criminal acts of which there is no evidence. What's the term for someone who projects all his failings on to someone else?
Donny B

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#22 Aug 31, 2012
The Original Buzz wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone knows you are...
John E Colby who posts as DBS, Buzz, Check on Reality, Donny B, endless bummer, takes these names from posters who have offended him by commenting on his crackpot posts. He also frequently posts as Skeptic and Casual Observer.
In his real life, John is an obese, angry, whiny, unemployed, delusional paranoid psychotic who resembles the Pillsbury Dough Boy and lives with his equally morbidly obese sister Pat and two incontinent cats in the Mission Gardens section 8 housing on Grandview in Santa Cruz.
John possesses an enormous, but totally unjustified ego. He claims to have a PhD from UCSC, but lives on public assistance. All the above is verifiable from letters written to IndyBay, Metro Santa Cruz, Topix, the Santa Cruz Sentinel and the San Jose Mercury News. He started on a tirade about meth. He brought meth into almost every thread he posted til it became ludicrous, and he still kept going. MAYBE this is why he's such a mess today.
John's "job" is trying to control all the Topix threads with time outs where he barrages city and county leaders with demands--none of which get serious consideration. He's sent out many complaints to HUD about his section 8 housing and has an ongoing war with JS Co who manages his complex. He's complained for over 3 years, but there he stays. Over 30 of his neighbors signed a petition to have him evicted, alleging he was a threat to children. Unfortunately, John is in a protected class and his neighbors are stuck living next to a ticking time bomb (my opinion).
John also loves to accuse his critics (people he doesn't know except for their posting names which he hijacks) of using meth, being on welfare, being unemployed and doing criminal acts of which there is no evidence. What's the term for someone who projects all his failings on to someone else?
You can call me John if you want to, but that doesn't change the facts.

Buzz is having a spam/hissy fit right now, and it's always fun to watch lol

Did you first become obsessed with John Colby after seeing him on tv?

“The buck stops here!”

Since: Sep 12

Scotts Valley

#23 Sep 3, 2012
Donny B wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not John. Anymore questions?
Are you looking for a job today?
Sure you are.

Who

Wyoming, MI

#25 Sep 4, 2012
The Original Buzz wrote:
<quoted text>
... What's the term for someone who projects all his failings on to someone else?
President?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#26 Sep 5, 2012
PESCroate wrote:
light entering a star instead of leaving it
nothing magical, in chemistry physics all reactions can be reversed
it would look no different than our sun if you played the tape backward, with light leaving earth and returning to the sun
Yet, unlike with the case of the black hole, which isn't/is no longer a star, the Sun would retain its glow whether the light emitted was returning or emanating.
Buzzhole

United States

#27 Sep 10, 2012
I messed up today

:(

“The buck stops here!”

Since: Sep 12

Scotts Valley

#28 Sep 10, 2012
Buzzhole wrote:
I messed up today
:(
Still muff diving on your 300# sister, John?

The Original Buzz

Alamo, CA

#29 Sep 10, 2012
The Original Buzz wrote:
<quoted text>
Still muff diving on your 300# sister, John?
My name isnt John, and I love it when you spam and have a hissy fit.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#30 Sep 11, 2012
just an allusion wrote:
An Einstein-Rosen Bridge, otherwise commonly referred to as a "wormhole", to a distant part of the Universe as, IF the conventional understanding of Physics that matter can neither be created nor destroyed (only transformed/re-purposed) holds any merit whatsoever, it only stands to follow that the matter entering it is transported elsewhere...That, or it is consumed by the, uh,'hole' and incorporated into its mass.
You are wrong. A black hole is not an E-R Bridge.
Sniveling John

United States

#31 Sep 11, 2012
The Original Buzz wrote:
<quoted text>
My name isnt John, and I love it when you spam and have a hissy fit.
John which blackhole do you prefer Fat Pat's or Jeffreys? Do you prefer it like your cheese the stinkier the better? In that case my money would be on Fat Pat.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#32 Sep 13, 2012
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong. A black hole is not an E-R Bridge.
Well, the Einstein-Rosen bridge (full name being "Einstein-Rosen-Podolsky bridge") IS a hypothesis, a theory, circulated amongst physicists which was prompted by the observation of matter in the form of light entering/being drawn into so-called "blackholes" with no apparent exiting occurring, implying that the matter/light has been transported elsewhere, so the actuality of their existence IS up for debate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Space Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UFO found in 55-year-old NASA picture: Intellig... Apr 20 Bummer 1
News James Hansen: To Mitigate Climate Change, Nucle... Apr 19 Bdv 3
News Bulgarian Scientists Develop First Space Greenh... Apr 19 SpaceBlues 1
News NASA Loading Up Space Telescopes With...Glitter? Apr 19 SpaceBlues 1
News Earth's clouds are getting lower, NASA satellit... (Feb '12) Apr 16 Earthling-1 22
News On this day: April 12 Apr 12 SpaceBlues 2
News Space institute among newly named tenants at Ro... Apr 9 echo 1
More from around the web