Navy planners argue for new submarine...

Navy planners argue for new submarines in skeptical Ottawa

There are 1 comment on the The Guelph Mercury story from Aug 20, 2012, titled Navy planners argue for new submarines in skeptical Ottawa. In it, The Guelph Mercury reports that:

Naval planners have started to lay the groundwork for the possible replacement of the country's second-hand, glitch-prone Victoria-class submarines, arguing such warships are a necessary part of Canada's arsenal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guelph Mercury.

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#1 Aug 21, 2012
Well it WOULD be nice to have subs that can go under water...besides the ones at West Edmonton Mall.
IF we want to maintain a serious claim on the Arctic, we need some sort of presence there. And lightly armed or unarmed slush breakers that will be useless in hard winter ain't gonna cut it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robots Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Are robots the future of sex tourism? Fri Jennie 1
News 'Humans' breathes new life into robot debate Jun 27 Rain 1
News Soldiers among 4 in Fort Carson weapons, gear t... May '15 lots 1
News Robot Arrested After Buying Ecstasy Apr '15 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News I. Want my. Robots. Apr '15 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News TEPCO abandons robot inside Fukushima plant Apr '15 SoE 6
News New, Haunting Video Inside Ground Zero Of Fukus... Apr '15 what all affected 1
More from around the web