Mystery rock spotted on Mars

Mystery rock spotted on Mars

There are 1 comment on the CNN story from Jan 20, 2014, titled Mystery rock spotted on Mars. In it, CNN reports that:

Not quite, but scientists are baffled by a white rock with a dark red low spot in the middle that "just plain appeared at that spot" on the planet where the rover is situated, says Steve Squyres, lead scientist of the Mars Exploration Rover mission.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#1 Jan 22, 2014
Nice article, but the vid dumped my login into a black hole.

One other comic item is "Martian poo" but this does not appear to have adherents in the science dept. May be a good one for the science cartoonists.

The fun bit is that they were able to enable a chemical composition indicating that it is a meteorite crater wall fragment from a pan/playa deposit on mars.

Problem is the absence of an arephone on the lander(s), which would have pinpointed the location of the smoky hole in the ground.

Have a nice day: Ag

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robots Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If there's alien life in the universe, where is... (Jul '15) Mon North Mountain 142
News How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone ... May 6 fhh 1
News Five times humanity was almost wiped out Apr 28 play 1
News How to Harvest Terawatts of Solar Power on the ... Apr '16 Solarman 1
News Americans are afraid of machines stealing jobs Mar '16 One way or another 4
News Robots in the bedroom? Men and women feel diffe... Mar '16 markost 7
News Pavement-pounding delivery drones destined for ... Mar '16 One way or another 4
More from around the web