Heatwaves proof of global warming, sa...

Heatwaves proof of global warming, says NASA scientist

There are 95 comments on the 24 Hours story from Aug 5, 2012, titled Heatwaves proof of global warming, says NASA scientist. In it, 24 Hours reports that:

The unusually hot spells and extreme drought that North America and other parts of the world have experienced over the last few years are inextricably linked to global warming, a prominent NASA scientist claims in new study.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 24 Hours.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#85 Aug 12, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
I know, hence the challenge. Don't figure he'll respond, but it might keep SpaceBlues busy looking for a while.
That's a big 10-4.

Since: Aug 12

Savannah, TN

#86 Aug 12, 2012
Seems the sun warms the earth. But we have put a lot of co2 in the atmosphere. Maybe just in time. For with the next pole shift about to occur then the next ice age begins. Just a few degrees could hold off severe icing over. So should we pull out the stops and go full bore with co2 or should we all buy solar panels? That is the question.
Patriot

Lafayette, CO

#87 Aug 13, 2012
Chemtrails Finally Explained - 2012

Chemtrails serve several aims but one agenda, they are being used to alter the weather and cause extreme conditions, to make it look like global warming...another is aluminum and barium are very toxic to the human and cause immune system weakening which is good for big Pharma and population reduction. Another is aluminum and barium is used in nano technology less than 3 microns in size, inhaled by humans, thus conductive for radar observation and HARRP intervention on the human...They are doing this because they are about to charge us for air. We're already paying for water that's been treated with chemicals. It could also be part of Monsanto's GM plan, by killing all plants off they may engineer a plant not affected by aluminum and barium, hence they will monopolize the market...

http://geraldcelentechannel.blogspot.com/2012...

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#88 Aug 13, 2012
Patriot wrote:
Chemtrails Finally Explained - 2012
Chemtrails serve several aims but one agenda, they are being used to alter the weather and cause extreme conditions, to make it look like global warming...another is aluminum and barium are very toxic to the human and cause immune system weakening which is good for big Pharma and population reduction. Another is aluminum and barium is used in nano technology less than 3 microns in size, inhaled by humans, thus conductive for radar observation and HARRP intervention on the human...They are doing this because they are about to charge us for air. We're already paying for water that's been treated with chemicals. It could also be part of Monsanto's GM plan, by killing all plants off they may engineer a plant not affected by aluminum and barium, hence they will monopolize the market...
http://geraldcelentechannel.blogspot.com/2012...
When was your last UFO sighting?
Northie

Spokane, WA

#89 Aug 14, 2012
Patriot wrote:
Chemtrails Finally Explained - 2012
Chemtrails serve several aims but one agenda, they are being used to alter the weather and cause extreme conditions, to make it look like global warming...another is aluminum and barium are very toxic to the human and cause immune system weakening which is good for big Pharma and population reduction. Another is aluminum and barium is used in nano technology less than 3 microns in size, inhaled by humans, thus conductive for radar observation and HARRP intervention on the human...They are doing this because they are about to charge us for air. We're already paying for water that's been treated with chemicals. It could also be part of Monsanto's GM plan, by killing all plants off they may engineer a plant not affected by aluminum and barium, hence they will monopolize the market...
http://geraldcelentechannel.blogspot.com/2012...
As an Alcoa stockholder, I object to my company wasting untold billions to cover the Earth in aluminum chaff. Unless, of course, they obtained the money from the Bilderberg Group and the International Jewish Banking Conspiracy.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#90 Aug 15, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, hence the challenge. Don't figure he'll respond, but it might keep SpaceBlues busy looking for a while.
LOL. I've been traveling across the country and observing climate change.

Seeing the dry pathches along the big rivers is painful. Don't mention the crop fields.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#91 Aug 15, 2012
"Combined with the well-established fact that global warming is a result of increasing atmospheric carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases, it follows that the increasingly extreme climate anomalies are human-made."

James Hansen

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#92 Aug 15, 2012
Spambrat wrote:
LOL. I've been traveling across the country and observing climate change.
You must have been travelling very slowly.
Spambrat wrote:
Seeing the dry pathches[sic] along the big rivers is painful.
"Pathches" are painful?
Spambrat wrote:
Don't mention the crop fields.
OK, I won't mention the crop fields.
Damn, I mentioned the crop fields.
budd

Chiang Mai, Thailand

#93 Aug 15, 2012
Tell us more about how seismic activity is weather.
Windemere

United States

#94 Aug 15, 2012
The grant hungry scientists will support any position the IPCC wants as long as they keep the funding coming.
Northie

Spokane, WA

#95 Aug 15, 2012
Windemere wrote:
The grant hungry scientists will support any position the IPCC wants as long as they keep the funding coming.
Good boy. Right on script. Mr. Koch, throw this dog a treat!
litesong

Everett, WA

#96 Aug 15, 2012
budd wrote:
Tell us more about how seismic activity is weather.
Given a severe rain storm dumping one foot of precipitation on a landform in 24 hours, calculates to an extra 8.92 billion tons of water weighing down on a 100 mile by 100 mile square region. If the region was already susceptible to a possible earthquake slip downward, the added weight could certainly increase the possibility of an earthquake.
SpaceBlues

United States

#97 Aug 15, 2012
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Given a severe rain storm dumping one foot of precipitation on a landform in 24 hours, calculates to an extra 8.92 billion tons of water weighing down on a 100 mile by 100 mile square region. If the region was already susceptible to a possible earthquake slip downward, the added weight could certainly increase the possibility of an earthquake.
Interesting post The drying of rivers like Mississippi has significant impact.

http://www.nps.gov/miss/riverfacts.htm

Communities up and down the river use the Mississippi to obtain freshwater and to discharge their industrial and municipal waste. We don't have good figures on water use for the whole Mississippi River Basin, but we have some clues. A January 2000 study published by the Upper Mississippi River Conservation Committee states that close to 15 million people rely on the Mississippi River or its tributaries in just the upper half of the basin (from Cairo, IL to Minneapolis, MN). A frequently cited figure of 18 million people using the Mississippi River Watershed for water supply comes from a 1982 study by the Upper Mississippi River Basin Committee. The Environmental Protection Agency simply says that more than 50 cities rely on the Mississippi for daily water supply.

http://current.com/community/93873349_the-mis...
SpaceBlues

United States

#98 Aug 15, 2012
Northie

Spokane, WA

#99 Aug 17, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
Dry patches?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =MKHAshrZTfoXX
Striking video.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is 'gospel' NASA's 'codeword for aliens'? Sat Earth Whisperer 2
News Soon, the Curiosity Rover will rule Mars with i... Sat Jack 2
News NASA: 2011 the Ninth-Warmest Year Since 1880 (Jan '12) Jul 12 litesong 86
News Monae says film on black women at NASA key part... Jul 8 2 Dogs 22
News NASA study shows during winter months Carbon Em... Jun 29 Follow The Money 1
News Amy Schumer blasts critics, says she's 'strong'... Jun 27 John P 6
News Earth's Polar Ice Melting Less Than Thought (Feb '12) Jun 26 Earthling-1 14
More from around the web