Saturday 28 April 2012

Saturday 28 April 2012

There are 4 comments on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation story from Apr 27, 2012, titled Saturday 28 April 2012. In it, Australian Broadcasting Corporation reports that:

Carbon capture and storage, New approach to teaching at Deakin University, Distinguishing between materials that are the same, Titanium dioxide - the wonder nanoparticle, Wearing diamonds on the inside - to monitor biochemistry, Understanding animal behaviour, Herbert Huppert describes how carbon dioxide can be stored safely underground and what is ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

Ed J

Blackburn, Australia

#1 Apr 27, 2012
The trend toward efficiency and balanced consumption as well as equitable distribution will gather more momentum and become the dominating trend of this millennium. The previous dominating trend for centuries past of short sighted selfishness has overreached itself and is coming end. To continue this type of approach harms those that pursue that course and others in the environment.

Deakin University is aligning with this new trend by moving away from mass production that required over consumption and respond to the demand for efficiency and and reasonable consumption. Thereby, the graduates from Deakin will have relevant skills and abilities for the new wave into the future.
Elias

Australia

#2 Apr 28, 2012
Ed J wrote:
Deakin University is aligning with this new trend by moving away from mass production that required over consumption and respond to the demand for efficiency and and reasonable consumption. Thereby, the graduates from Deakin will have relevant skills and abilities for the new wave into the future.
Sounds like half baked propaganda to me.
Ed J

Blackburn, Australia

#3 Apr 28, 2012
What's the saying Elias, "...takes One to know One." I've got facts and information working in professionals circles directly augmenting capability to provide services and goods in water, electricity and transport industry. Not glamorous stuff but all of these sectors provide services that are necessities for our civilization to function. If it's half baked propaganda then it's the factual half baked propaganda.

Sounds like your the one with half baked propaganda you can't back up, least of all understand what's happening in the reality around you.
Elias

Australia

#4 Apr 28, 2012
Ed J wrote:
What's the saying Elias, "...takes One to know One." I've got facts and information working in professionals circles directly augmenting capability to provide services and goods in water, electricity and transport industry. Not glamorous stuff but all of these sectors provide services that are necessities for our civilization to function. If it's half baked propaganda then it's the factual half baked propaganda.
Sounds like your the one with half baked propaganda you can't back up, least of all understand what's happening in the reality around you.
LOL! my comment was not at the green crudentials of the project but at your claim that Deakin graduates will somehow carry with them "unique" environmental values etc...

I'm one of the few people in this country to have worked on university graduate outcomes across the sector. Many of the smaller universities have classified themselves as "innovative" since the 1980s to differentiate themselves from the older sandstone institutions who are stronger in research.

This innovation has worked well when it comes to collabaration i.e.
QUT and Curtin School of Mines - mining sector development
Regional universities - agriculture development

These developments have been highly beneficial to graduates who are able to come into the industry with real world skills useful in both the mining and agricultural sector.

Deakin? strength has been in off campus learning offered to kids in regional Victoria. They have already demonstrated they can reduce their carbon footprint by offering courses online. Many others (Murdoch, Monash, CQU and New England etc) have followed. Kudos to Deakin for doing that.

But if you expect me to believe Deakin students will have environmental values then I'm afraid to disappoint you but that ain't going to happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nanotechnology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nanotechnology For Asbestos Cleanse!. (Feb '16) Jan 5 Jason Huffnagle 2
Asbestos Cleanse Discovery Needed Jan 5 Jason Huffnagle 2
How to Remove nanobots from body? Please help. (Jul '14) Dec '17 theyaresprayingna... 19
pros and cons of nanotechnology Oct '17 Neotheone21 1
News Could Albany firm build Foxconn's $10B Wisconsi... Jul '17 TAXPAYER BLED 12
News Local entrepreneurs cashing in on Nano Utica (Sep '14) Apr '17 yo mama 13
News Nano Utica job fair draws thousands (Apr '14) Nov '16 1000s of suckers 32
More from around the web