Some Possible Problems with Microsoft Vista

By Mike Wendland NBC News Channel After more than five years, Microsoft has released a complete rewrite of it's Windows operating system, replacing Windows XP with a new version called Vista. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tara

Sanford, ME

#1 Apr 20, 2007
I just bought a new laptop and it came with vista on it. Well my bf and I each have a myspace page and we cant see some peoples comments. Whats up with that. My brother brought over his laptop and it had XP on it and you could see everyones comments. He than upgraded and got a new laptop and it had vista on it. He brought it over here and the same thing happened. We could see comments on the page and people who have vista cant even leave comments. Whats up with this?
Laura

Tampa, FL

#2 Jun 2, 2007
I'm having the same problem. It's not everyone's comments though, just some people.
Vista woes

Gainesville, FL

#3 Jun 3, 2007
This is the least of the problems with Vista. If you are BRAND NEW to computers and know NOTHING about them, Vista might be for you because about the time you figure out how to use the computer Micro$oft might figure out how to get it to work with everything "out there".

They released this OS with tooo many problems in it.

Try using Firefox web browser to view the page ( if Vista will even let you run Firefox ), Internet Explorer gives me trouble viewing some pages, especially anything with an Adobe file, No problems on the web Using Firefox UNLESS you go to a Micro$oft site LOL.
Vista User

Fernandina Beach, FL

#4 Jun 3, 2007
I started using Vista last year when the Beta Versions showed up for download. I have yet to find an issue. I still use it everyday.

9 times out of 10.. most issues are the user, not the software.
Vista woes

Gainesville, FL

#5 Jun 3, 2007
Just look at the M$ website for issues, plenty there.

Maybe in a year when M$ work the bugs out ( just like they had to do with XP ) I will consider it, until then I will keep using XP & LINUX.
Bud

Oceanside, CA

#6 Jun 20, 2007
I had problems doing anything in vista until I turned off the user accounts. Then I could do what I wanted. Before that it fought me. You have to set it up ,before you can do that though. It kept asking for admin. permission. So, since I am the only one that uses it, I logged on as administrater ,then turn that portion off. Everything has worked fine since. Good luck and may the answer be with you.
star

UK

#7 Jul 1, 2007
a freind of mine is having problems his ie keepsshutting down every 5 mins then restarting is this a vista problem as the same thing happened to my daughters pc?
Andrew

Brisbane, Australia

#8 Aug 9, 2007
Im having problems with myspace whenever I go to view friends profile It will shutdown my modem. I installed fire fox and that seem to fix the modem shut down issue but I cant read most content on the profile. If anyone knows whats wrong with this please let me know.
Andrew

Brisbane, Australia

#9 Aug 9, 2007
BTW Im using Vista home premium
BETHANY

Bartow, FL

#10 Aug 15, 2007
I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA AND WHEN I GET ON MYSPACE I CAN VIEW PROFILES BUT ON CERTAIN ONES THE COMMENTS ARE BLOCKED TO WHERE I CAN'T READ THEM OR EVEN TRY TO SEND THEM ONE. CAN SOMEONE HELP TO FIX MY PROBLEM?
MaryP

Faversham, UK

#11 Sep 3, 2007
I am having a terrible time with Vista It started when I couldn't open Excel files from my memory stick. Then I couldn't open email attachments if adobe or .DOC now I am trying to do a Dreamweaver course and cant open.xls This morning I emailed a document to another PC just a normal word doc (although its called microsoft works) and I could not open it as the PC was only Windows XP, Whats that all about I want to throw it in the bin its not an improvement.
tommy salami

Jackson, TN

#12 Sep 3, 2007
bill gates screws america again..........suckers should have stayed with xp
EMC

Elko, NV

#13 Jun 4, 2008
I'm having keyboard problems with Vista--rrepetitive keys and slow keyboard on all programs.

Since: Oct 07

Tacoma, WA

#14 Jun 4, 2008
That's it. I'm switching to Linux.
Bob Levy

Three Rivers, MI

#16 Jun 30, 2008
You would think that a company would "test fly" this system untill the bugs were worked.But Bill's greed is obvious here.While his and his companies "Touchy Feely" persona is broadcast to the world,down deep they are as hartless thier costomers and employees as the big three automakers are to theres.
It was said that absolute power currupts absulutly and in the case of Microsoft absolute
wealth does much the same.Bill gates has lost his way and cares little it seems in finding it again.Just ask all the people who struggle with Vista each day,gee thaks Bill.
Ps- I still use an 4 year old computer and VISTA is the reason I don't buy another.

Since: Jul 07

AOL

#17 Jun 30, 2008
I wonder how much shittier Windows is going to be without Gates there.
tommy salami

United States

#18 Jul 1, 2008
joe when our computers start frickin crashing at will.......then we will know i hope bill has time for a decent haircut now, cause he damn sure has the money
joan from maine

Augusta, ME

#19 Nov 11, 2008
We just purchased a laptop with vista installed a few months ago. We have had nothing but problems with it!!! Among one of the many, when we are on one website, it will not let us return to the previous one. Every time we do, it's disappeared!! What's up with that? I am using my much dependable desktop with xp to write this. I think the newer one with vista is possessed. Please fix it...
Arindam

Doha, Qatar

#20 Nov 11, 2008
Bairn of Ecgtheow wrote:
That's it. I'm switching to Linux.
Smart move.
Louis

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Nov 15, 2008
I have had nothing but trouble since I bought my new computer with the Window Vista 2008. I purchased it at best buys! what a joke!!!! I cannot use any of old sofeware on my new computer because it will not read it.
Their solution to the problem is for me to buy all new sofeware. That is so wrong on so many levels, I am not going to go into it. Let me just say one thing, the sofeware that can with the computer also does not work.
we need you Bill, Help!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Microsoft Windows Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marines dump Microsoft for Linux OS on Northrop... Dec 7 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Android Contacts Recovery - Recover Lost & Dele... (Jun '13) Nov 24 KellyMeester 3
Windows Update is broken on XP Nov 22 kb3270791i 1
33 Bugs Fixed in Major Patch Tuesday Nov '14 whatsinaname 1
Complete OLM to PST Migration in Easy Steps Jus... (Jul '13) Nov '14 mark234 7
Wat remover Download for windows 7 (Jun '14) Nov '14 alinusha 3
Microsoft, Intel Build Fast, Efficient Windows ... (Sep '09) Oct '14 Tyler 3
More from around the web