The Top 10 Reasons Students Cannot Ci...

The Top 10 Reasons Students Cannot Cite or Rely On Wikipedia

There are 33 comments on the findingDulcinea story from Oct 27, 2011, titled The Top 10 Reasons Students Cannot Cite or Rely On Wikipedia. In it, findingDulcinea reports that:

Wikipedia provides Internet users with millions of articles on a broad range of topics, and commonly ranks first in search engines.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at findingDulcinea.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
vantes

Bozeman, MT

#1 Jan 27, 2013
it's amazing how many people think wikipedia is reliable or even credible. Sure it has things right, but it also has things wrong.
kayne west

London, UK

#2 Feb 2, 2013
excellent post, brilliant examples, helped me loads in my hw
cheers mate (:
Strange person

Edmonton, Canada

#3 Feb 15, 2013
It's all vert true.
What a joke

Chippenham, UK

#4 Feb 19, 2013
Of course, the Eng Brit or any other paid for encyclopaedia is 100% right, completely written in an impartial manner without any underlying agendas or inherent biases.

No encyclopaedia should be cited, they should be used to get an overview ... you then read and cite the source material that it leads your to.
Kim

Fort Worth, TX

#5 Feb 27, 2013
Thank you so much for this article! My students consistently want to use Wikipedia as an authoritative source, so I have to fight the Wiki battle each year. I'll just refer them to this article instead!
Khang

Hollywood, FL

#6 Mar 14, 2013
I thought wikipedia was real. i guess no.
Selena Gomez

Hollywood, FL

#7 Mar 14, 2013
Hi.
unable to show

Hollywood, FL

#9 Apr 3, 2013
go to fuq.com
shehab

Hollis, NY

#10 Apr 17, 2013
math
shehab

Hollis, NY

#11 Apr 17, 2013
math test
shehab

Hollis, NY

#12 Apr 17, 2013
Hi
Liyah

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Apr 20, 2013
I never knew this thank u
MAYARSKI

Chlef, Algeria

#16 Apr 26, 2013
SOMETIMES WIKI IS TERRIBLE ? BUT WE SHOULD SAY THE TRUTH THAT IT MADE CULTURAL INFORMATION AND KNOWLEDGE EASIER AND ACCESSIBLE TO MANY PEOPLE WHO CAN NOT AFFORD COSTY THICK BOOKS / SOMETIMES THEY DO MISTAKES / IT IS HUMAN . bUT,THEIR CONTRIBUTION IS AMAZING .. IF PSY LISTENERS ARE MORE THAN ONE BILLION ? WHAT CAN WE SAY ABOUT THE WIKI USERS ,iAM SURE IT IS MORE THAN FACEBOOK4S USERS .ON THE OTHER HAND ? IT IS ALWAYS IN OUR POWER TO JUDGE ? TO COMPARE ? TO CPORRECT WHAT MAY SEEM FAKE OR NOT TRUE .. THE MAIN AIM OF WIKI IS TO MAKE KNOWLEDGE ACCESSIBLE NOT A PRIVILAGE!THIS IS IS MISEMEN DREAM SINCE THE DISCOVERY OF THE FIRST STONE
MAYARSKI

Chlef, Algeria

#17 Apr 26, 2013
DO YOU THINK PEOPLE FROM AFRICA ? ALGERIA ? UGANDA ? CONGO CAN READ IN ENGLISH IF THIS ONE WAS NOT EASIED BY WIKI THANKS WIKI
Nick

West Palm Beach, FL

#18 Apr 29, 2013
this is stupid
LOVE

West Palm Beach, FL

#19 Apr 29, 2013
IDK
thickems

West Palm Beach, FL

#20 Apr 29, 2013
how the hell do i know
Teacher

Mableton, GA

#21 May 1, 2013
This article is biased and was probably written by a man. If it wasn't, she had a man as a boss.

Don't believe they hype!
lol

Denton, TX

#23 May 15, 2013
bro
lizel

Suva, Fiji

#24 May 22, 2013
ko au lava ma oku lagona

arhh!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Internet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Basquiat tops Warhol after painting sells for $... Jun 17 AmPieJam UncleSam 4
News Would you like a bag with that? A look at Canad... Jun 16 Cusps 1
News Tips to make swimwear shopping season less stre... Jun 16 LOL 1
Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ... Jun 9 JacquelineDeane55 2
News Look Who Got Busted: How To Remove Your Mug Sho... (May '11) Jun 7 trio 152
News 8 Diy Seo Tips to Optimize Your Mobile Marketing Jun 7 jojay 1
News Albuquerque SEO Firm Cancels Trump Supporters' ... Jun 6 NotSoDivineMsM 3
More from around the web