How to Forward As Attachment in New Yahoo Mail ?

Posted in the Internet Forum

chpe724

Downey, CA

#1 Oct 23, 2008
Hi,

Does anyone know how to forward an email as an attachment (not inline) in the New Yahoo Mail?

In other words it would attach an .EML file for the email that is going to be forwarded.

In Classic Yahoo Mail you could hold Ctrl and click Forward, but it doesn't appear to be working for the new version.

Yahoo Help wasn't helpful.

Anyone know how?

Besides switching to Classic each time I need to forward :).

Thanks in advance!
kirby

Brisbane, Australia

#3 Jun 19, 2011
I would like to know that too. No one seems to know and Yahoo Help is useless.

Now things are getting worse. You can no longer switch back to Yahoo Mail Classic.
Lapua338

Newport, TN

#4 Dec 13, 2011
Wish it allowed attached forwarding.
Naghmeh

Emeryville, CA

#6 Jan 26, 2012
What is the answer??? We really need this feature......
kman

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jul 7, 2012
Was able to switch back to Yahoo Classic. Like the new format but without forwarding as attachment it is useless. Glad was able to switch to Classic.
Julie

Monterey Park, CA

#8 Jun 5, 2013
yes, you access the email from your list, not from within the email. Look at your list of emails, put a checkmark next to the one you want to forward, then right click and select Forward.
Dan

Toronto, Canada

#9 Jul 9, 2013
That didn't work for me, but it does if you select as above (from the list), then press Shift+Alt+F (simultaneously).
Eric

Long Island City, NY

#10 Jul 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
That didn't work for me, but it does if you select as above (from the list), then press Shift+Alt+F (simultaneously).
Dan - you are brilliant! I tried Shift+F, Alt+F, Ctrl+F, but didn't try combining Shift, Alt, and/or Ctrl - I just sort of gave up. I really like to have forward as attachment as an option; I do this for archiving purposes from time to time.

So Shift+Alt+F it is! Thank you VERY much for figuring this out!

--Eric
Desai

Mumbai, India

#11 Sep 2, 2013
thanks for the solution.
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan - you are brilliant! I tried Shift+F, Alt+F, Ctrl+F, but didn't try combining Shift, Alt, and/or Ctrl - I just sort of gave up. I really like to have forward as attachment as an option; I do this for archiving purposes from time to time.
So Shift+Alt+F it is! Thank you VERY much for figuring this out!
--Eric
DHL

Central District, Hong Kong

#12 Sep 24, 2013
So Shift+Alt+F still works? Is this browser / OS dependent? I tried Firefox and even IE and it doesn't work as mentioned...
My scenario: Shift+Alt+F = Alt+F = Select Menu "F" (for File)...
Anonymous

Titusville, FL

#13 Oct 13, 2013
Anyone figure out how to do this with the new Yahoo! Mail rolled out last week?
bengitunit

Banha, Egypt

#15 Jan 21, 2014
Many thanks for giving us the solution we need
www.beng.bu.edu.eg
Bib

Chennai, India

#16 Apr 1, 2014
Shift - Alt - F opens File menu for me!!!
Gord

Vancouver, Canada

#17 Oct 2, 2014
Go into yahoo mail settings and change to Basic and the emails will forward with attachments but you loose all the nice scripting and frames of the new yahoo mail ha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Internet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Popular Dating Site OlderWomenDating.com Announ... 18 hr Ami 1
News Binkiland extension demonstrates how intrusive ... Mar 28 binkilandhatter 2
News How to Choose a SEO Expert to Help the Business... (Jan '11) Mar 28 gioberge 48
News Freelancer launches domain and website marketpl... Mar 26 Freelancer Download 1
News Real Estate Agents: Single-Family Homes a Hot R... (Jun '12) Mar 25 satery4e 194
Huawei to Support High Speed Wateen/Qubee 4G Br... Mar 24 Hamad 1
News Snowden Leaks Made Us More Wary Mar 20 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
More from around the web