Report: St. Paul has a little less em...

Report: St. Paul has a little less empty office space downtown

There are 9 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 11, 2010, titled Report: St. Paul has a little less empty office space downtown. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Software engineer Jason Coverston works in his cubicle next door to the Cray 1 Supercomputer, a dinosaur from the early days of computing, at Cray Plaza in St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Bruce

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#1 Oct 11, 2010
St. Paul seems to have a long history of vacant building, Galtier Plaza, and Town Center come to mind. On the plus side, this helps preserve older buildings, but it seems to me that the unimaginative ugly buildings and a hard to follow street system are the two biggest problems it has. Still, I do like visiting across the river once in a while and am glad to hear office use is up.
moi

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Oct 11, 2010
it's 2 FREAKIN' PERCENT, probably mostly attributable to Cray! Big deal.
Coleman Pod Cast

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Oct 11, 2010
What a Joke! To get to 2% all you need is TWO PEOPLE in St Paul. Cray will not be sticking around, I give them 3 years before they start looking for OTHER! That rail line will be a nice touch for Human traffickers and Drug dealers.
Tax Bill due soon St Paul!
DraftRepubColleg eStudents

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Oct 11, 2010
I blame it on Coleman. If a rep had been mayor, this would have been a negative 2%
red bull

United States

#5 Oct 11, 2010
To the negative minds ---would a 2% increase in your salary---if you work---be a positive?????

Since: Sep 10

St Paul

#6 Oct 11, 2010
red bull wrote:
To the negative minds ---would a 2% increase in your salary---if you work---be a positive?????
Red Bull,

This number is very misleading. Yes there is less vacant space in downtown that is true and good. However did we forget that Cray was given a golden package in order to move there. This is bad.

This is a short term gain that will collapse when the tax bills come due! I as a taxpayer in this City are disgusted by this.
New Detroit

Houston, TX

#7 Oct 11, 2010
This fake downtown needs to be contracted. Too many old empty buildings and not enough parking. Has it occurred to anyone that Highland Park's Ford Avenue is the true downtown Saint Paul? That is where money and expansion WILL pay off.

Since: Dec 09

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Oct 11, 2010
Patrick from Blaine wrote:
<quoted text>
Red Bull,
This number is very misleading. Yes there is less vacant space in downtown that is true and good. However did we forget that Cray was given a golden package in order to move there. This is bad.
This is a short term gain that will collapse when the tax bills come due! I as a taxpayer in this City are disgusted by this.
Cray got a $400,000 forgiveable loan to sign a 10-year lease. If they move out, they have to pay back the loan. That is NOT a golden package. It's no different than any other city would give for a huge 50k sq ft lease. Troll somewhere else.
Lowertowny

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Oct 12, 2010
New Detroit wrote:
This fake downtown needs to be contracted. Too many old empty buildings and not enough parking. Has it occurred to anyone that Highland Park's Ford Avenue is the true downtown Saint Paul? That is where money and expansion WILL pay off.
No Parking? there is tons of parking - 27,013 parking spots in the downtown Saint paul area to be exact. Open your eyes.

Check out the parking list in it's entirety on this page: http://www.lowertownlanding.com/Lowertown/Par...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

High Performance Computing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prince Andrew opens new world-class research fa... Jun '17 Daisy 1
News The AI fight is escalating: This is the IT gian... May '17 Julzee111 1
News A Cloud for the Artificial Mind: This Data Cent... (Feb '17) Feb '17 thumper0755 1
News What is going on at the Washington Post? (Jan '17) Jan '17 a person who can ... 6
News Will Trump let China beat the U.S. in supercomp... (Nov '16) Nov '16 dkghjkgh 1
News China is undisputed king of supercomputers (Jun '16) Jun '16 sigmund fraud 1
News Supercomputer quietly puts U.S. weather forecas... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Zach 1
More from around the web