Google Exec Urges Two-Factor Authenti...

Google Exec Urges Two-Factor Authentication in Wake of Tech Reporter Hack Job

There are 1 comment on the PC World story from Aug 8, 2012, titled Google Exec Urges Two-Factor Authentication in Wake of Tech Reporter Hack Job. In it, PC World reports that:

In the wake of a multi-faceted hack of a technology reporter that ended with his smartphone, tablet and notebook wiped of all data, Google's spam chief yesterday urged users to set two-factor authentication on their log-ins. "I ... advise everyone to turn on Google's two-factor authentication to make your Gmail account safer and less likely to get ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PC World.

Transer

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#1 Aug 9, 2012
Don’t settle for anything less the Two-factor authentication. I have two-step authentication on my email and I like the extra security it offers. You just telesign into your account and it’s good to go. I'm hoping that more companies start to offer this awesome functionality. In reality this should be a prerequisite to any system that wants to promote itself as being secure. I feel suspicious when I am not asked to telesign into my account by way of 2FA, it just feels as if they are not offering me enough protection.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Computer Security Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeRay Mckesson, activist, disavows Trump endors... Jun 12 DARPA 1
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) May 27 Study hard 665
News Mozilla to FBI: Disclose Firefox Exploit May '16 Nobody 2
News Los Angeles Hospital Paid Hackers $17,000 Ranso... May '16 Gary 2
News Warning: 1,000 Retailers May Be At Risk To Hackers (Aug '14) May '16 ELISE 4
IT Security Certifications May '16 Techy-Reviews 1
News 7 ways hackers can use Wi-Fi against you (Nov '15) May '16 Markin 2
More from around the web