“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#4122 Oct 8, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would say life, afterlife, reincarnation, are all things/processes within a single reality, not really being a reality in themselves then why did you earlier speak of "second order" realities?
I think it behooves you to pick a definition of reality and then stick with it from there on out.
I understand, though, that stating a clear definition of reality is a very tough request for human beings.
"Row, Row, Row yer boat....Life is but a dream..."
"Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ccCnL8hArW8XX
(crying...)
I think we're just misunderstanding a little. Let me try again. OK, if everything is "what you see is what you get" type of thing then we are experiencing a first order reality. But if everything is a manifestation of something 'not sensed' then basically we are experiencing an illusion just as in a dream, only wake time is a consistent illusion while dream time is all over the board.

Of course we can't know what we are experiencing. So in summary,
1st order = what you see is what you get
2nd order = quantum particles are not really "particles" at all

Location hidden

#4123 Oct 8, 2013
That was a really nice version of the song. What a voice.

BTW I wonder what that "book of wisdom" thing was all about in the "advertisement". Couldn't be the "wisdom" of Solomon with all those girls bouncing their boobs around with the book tucked in their cleavage.

Location hidden

#4124 Oct 8, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would say life, afterlife, reincarnation, are all things/processes within a single reality, not really being a reality in themselves then why did you earlier speak of "second order" realities?
I think it behooves you to pick a definition of reality and then stick with it from there on out.
I understand, though, that stating a clear definition of reality is a very tough request for human beings.
"Row, Row, Row yer boat....Life is but a dream..."
"Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ccCnL8hArW8XX
(crying...)
See, the only thing requisite about "reality" is "consciousness".'Lif e','afterlife', species, etc, may just be different manifestations, levels or planes of consciousness. Whether we are experiencing life or afterlife we could still not be able to see things for what they truly are.

Location hidden

#4125 Oct 8, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Ultimately, this all boils down to "concepts".
Define 'substance", please.
Is your definition of substance precisely the same one as mine? nano's? Positronium's?
How would you know if it was or wasn't??
Two Concepts having a tryst: "Your definition or mine?"
My concept of Heaven may be different than Pope Louie's or the Dali Lama's or Tom Cruise's or Lyndsy Lohan's....
Human being's can only approach an absolute nomenclature of Reality but they can never reach it. As a result, Reality is fuzzy as hell.
But the Scientific approach is the most accurate, IMHO.
Substance could indeed mean something different to each of us. A start might be to say that substance is something that has dimension. Of course we may never be able to tell if the dimension that we sense is actual dimension or imagined conceptual reality.

You wouldn't say there is "real" dimension existing within a dream would you? Even though it feels like there is?

Certainly the scientific approach is the only way to interpret your surroundings. I'm just talking about possibilities after science leaves off.

Location hidden

#4126 Oct 8, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I changed the definition for myself. Now, I'm comfortable:]
You're comfortable and I'm confused :)

Dare I ask what it means to you now?

'Spiritual', to me, means something like 'our true nature' or 'our true nature of being'; it implies eternal existence to me with death a transition rather than an end.

'Spiritual' to most people doesn't mean we are eternal beings; I'm guessing it simply means something close to the "heart". Like a song that touches you deep down.

Location hidden

#4127 Oct 8, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>He was a closet guru?
Ya just never know. He could be having conversations with Lao Tzu in the middle of the sun while his body is locked away in the closet :)

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#4128 Oct 8, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Ya just never know. He could be having conversations with Lao Tzu in the middle of the sun while his body is locked away in the closet :)
We all have skeletons in the closet so coming out can be quite a relief for some.

Unless you happen to be a student of Orthopedics:]

Lapeer, MI

#4129 Oct 8, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>You're comfortable and I'm confused :)
Dare I ask what it means to you now?
'Spiritual', to me, means something like 'our true nature' or 'our true nature of being'; it implies eternal existence to me with death a transition rather than an end.
'Spiritual' to most people doesn't mean we are eternal beings; I'm guessing it simply means something close to the "heart". Like a song that touches you deep down.
Being raised in one of the Western organized religions, my earlier view of spirituality was closely linked to useless, shallow stereotypes. Later on, even the Eastern Religions were presented to me in shallow stereotypes.(revealed as David Carradine in the TV series Kung Fu)

Today, I define spirituality as a more realistic mix of physics and metaphysics. The difference is like between an earlier Gilligan's Island and a present Lost or X Files.

Lapeer, MI

#4130 Oct 8, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>I think we're just misunderstanding a little. Let me try again. OK, if everything is "what you see is what you get" type of thing then we are experiencing a first order reality. But if everything is a manifestation of something 'not sensed' then basically we are experiencing an illusion just as in a dream, only wake time is a consistent illusion while dream time is all over the board.
Of course we can't know what we are experiencing. So in summary,
1st order = what you see is what you get
2nd order = quantum particles are not really "particles" at all
...and 3rd Order?

..4th Order?

Lapeer, MI

#4131 Oct 8, 2013
Pokay wrote:
That was a really nice version of the song. What a voice.
BTW I wonder what that "book of wisdom" thing was all about in the "advertisement". Couldn't be the "wisdom" of Solomon with all those girls bouncing their boobs around with the book tucked in their cleavage.
I didn't notice an advertisement with the "book of wisdom".

The only way I can relate Solomon with "cleavage" was when he was going to cut that baby in half with a cleaver:]

Lapeer, MI

#4132 Oct 8, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>See, the only thing requisite about "reality" is "consciousness".'Lif e','afterlife', species, etc, may just be different manifestations, levels or planes of consciousness. Whether we are experiencing life or afterlife we could still not be able to see things for what they truly are.
Right. Like when you die and go to Heaven and wonder what Angels are made of and you start trying to look beneath their robes for a hint.

Or you can't help but wonder what God uses as His Power Supply.
Li-Ion Batteries? Wind Turbines?

The streets are jammed with millions of EverReady Bunnies.

Lapeer, MI

#4133 Oct 8, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Substance could indeed mean something different to each of us. A start might be to say that substance is something that has dimension. Of course we may never be able to tell if the dimension that we sense is actual dimension or imagined conceptual reality.
You wouldn't say there is "real" dimension existing within a dream would you? Even though it feels like there is?
Certainly the scientific approach is the only way to interpret your surroundings. I'm just talking about possibilities after science leaves off.
Science doesn't necessarily need to be the final word on reality but it should always be used as a serious guide. I would always first look at a map - even a cursory look - before wandering off into the Rocky Mountain night.

If particles are only really presnted to us as encapsulated force fields with point-sources then what is a "dimension"? What is 'substance'?

Location hidden

#4134 Oct 9, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
...and 3rd Order?
..4th Order?
OK well maybe anything over 2nd order could be somehow analogous to mathematical dimension. Who knows how many "dimensions" there are and how many we can comprehend or experience at the same time. And a mathematical concept in this case can be different from our perception of reality.

Trying to envision a fourth or a fifth spatial dimension to me still doesn't compute even though poly used to say he could do it. Sure we can say that time is the fourth dimension but time to me still seems only a measure of volume for the third dimension.

Location hidden

#4135 Oct 9, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Science doesn't necessarily need to be the final word on reality but it should always be used as a serious guide. I would always first look at a map - even a cursory look - before wandering off into the Rocky Mountain night.
If particles are only really presnted to us as encapsulated force fields with point-sources then what is a "dimension"? What is 'substance'?
Our own subjective internalization/interpretation of our surroundings, or of the science that tries to explain our surroundings, is also "science" (like when you mention us wondering what the angelic creatures are that surround us in "heaven" :)) as long as we are honest with ourselves and don't jump to conclusions that can't be supported.

Location hidden

#4136 Oct 9, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Like when you die and go to Heaven and wonder what Angels are made of and you start trying to look beneath their robes for a hint.
Or you can't help but wonder what God uses as His Power Supply.
Li-Ion Batteries? Wind Turbines?
The streets are jammed with millions of EverReady Bunnies.
Some science is quite risky and dangerous. Which one of us is brave enough to take a peek beneath the robe?

Location hidden

#4137 Oct 9, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't notice an advertisement with the "book of wisdom".
The only way I can relate Solomon with "cleavage" was when he was going to cut that baby in half with a cleaver:]
Must have been a different book of wisdom, the modern day version of partydom. The ads must be a random thing. The one I saw just showed a bunch of people dancing with this book tucked in cleavage, some grabbing their boobs, some holding the book up in the air but it never showed what it was all about or what it was trying to sell if anything.

Location hidden

#4138 Oct 9, 2013
My truck is down again. Yep, again. Eight years of trouble free service and now everything is crappin out. This time it's wanting to die out and backfiring but it doesn't seem electrical this time. I got four miles out when it started doing this and I got lucky to make it back home without a tow; it ran fine the last two miles though, so how can it be electrical or even a vacuum leak? I ordered a reman'd carburetor, it's the only thing I could think of that could be wrong. After I put the new carb on I'll put the vacuum gauge on and see what it's doing.

I'm supposed to get older and wiser; I never had these types of problems ever and I always drove old ford beaters. I never had a backfiring engine, because I kept it tuned up. I keep this truck tuned up too but the universe is against me here.

I guess I have to go back to driving a real beater.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Yellowknife NT

#4139 Oct 9, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Substance? Could it be that it is that which is the ancestors of the things which are not yet unborn but still under influence of something greater that it? LOL

Location hidden

#4140 Oct 9, 2013
I don't know how to define "substance" but I'd guess that our reality is one of two things. Conceptual or Substantial (something that requires dimension).

Time vs dimension. I think it's much more likely that dimension is an illusion. Do we really need dimension for time to exist?

Mathematically yes, but in reality?

Dimension might be the illusion, if our reality is conceptual. If our reality is conceptual, like a dream, then one might ask why our daily lives are not more like a dream. A concept is still something real, even without dimension it could have to obey certain behavioral laws. Which is why I do recognize that dreams are not likely to be reality (I'm not *that* crazy :)). But because we do dream and because we do feel most dreams are real as anything can be, while we are in them, then that tells me that there exists a state in which we can experience an illusive reality and think it's real and it should follow that our wake-time reality could also be very illusive, though governed by natural law.

OK, I'll give it a break, time to go get back on task; I'm so behind. My mind gets away from me.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Yellowknife NT

#4141 Oct 9, 2013
If you thought today was amazing wait till yesterday.
It will be more so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MB5-705 practice test, Microsoft MB5-705 Exam D... 5 min thc2040928 1
mb5-700 vce, Microsoft Dynamics C5 mb5-700 Exam... 10 min thc2040928 1
MB6-872 practice test, Microsoft MB6-872 Exam D... 26 min thc2040928 1
MB6-870 exam dumps, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 ... 33 min thc2030280 1
MB6-869 pdf, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 MB6-869... 35 min thc2030280 1
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Patrick n Angela 18,882
News Apple CEO publicly acknowledges that he's gay (Oct '14) 2 hr fgrhgcedce 7
More from around the web