Is Time An Illusion?

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Since: Aug 12

London, UK

#3597 May 21, 2013
ESD is the formula .

God of Angels:
Light a white church candle stick the side of it with a golden pin whisper the name "Emmanuelle" and he will appear. One question per pin. Depending upon how many pins you stick into the candle to a maximum of twelve questions.

God of Devils:
Light a red church candle stick the side of it with a silver pin whisper the name "Satan" ....same procedure...

God of Demons:
Light a black church candle stick the side of it with a bronze pin whisper the name "Damocles".....same procedure...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#3598 May 21, 2013
the dark lord wrote:
ESD is the formula .
God of Angels:
Light a white church candle stick the side of it with a golden pin whisper the name "Emmanuelle" and he will appear. One question per pin. Depending upon how many pins you stick into the candle to a maximum of twelve questions.
God of Devils:
Light a red church candle stick the side of it with a silver pin whisper the name "Satan" ....same procedure...
God of Demons:
Light a black church candle stick the side of it with a bronze pin whisper the name "Damocles".....same procedure...
It is better to light just one little candle than to curse the dark.

Also, I don't think the color is important nor is there any need to stick a pin into it.

God as Light is often alluded to in many historical writings. So a burning candle, to me, is just fine spiritually.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3599 May 22, 2013
Speaking of Time; this...

...is...was... my first mother-in-law's favorite song.

I'd forgotten how beautiful it is.

They played it at her memorial last week.

Lapeer, MI

#3600 May 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dO1rMeYnOmMXX
You have good taste.

“Blood Type B - Attitude B +”

Since: Mar 08

Felton California

#3601 May 27, 2013
Just returned from 10 days in Hawaii last Sunday. It is weird how you almost feel like a time traveler when you gain and lose those hours flying into different time zones.

Lapeer, MI

#3602 May 27, 2013
been there9 wrote:
Just returned from 10 days in Hawaii last Sunday. It is weird how you almost feel like a time traveler when you gain and lose those hours flying into different time zones.
Imagine what the Jap Zero pilots went through attacking Pearl Harbor.

Boy, you go to Hawaii a lot. Are you now the Pineapple buyer for your Health Food store?

:}

Felton California

#3603 May 30, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine what the Jap Zero pilots went through attacking Pearl Harbor.
Boy, you go to Hawaii a lot. Are you now the Pineapple buyer for your Health Food store?
:}
No, but my son in laws cousin (go that?) lives on an organic macadamia nut farm and I do have them shipped over and sell them at our store. My niece lives on the Big Island also and her daughter (my grandniece?) graduated high school so 23 family members flew over to attend and rented 3 houses. My grandson (now 13yrs old) caught a record breaking Ono fish at 56 1/2 lbs. Record for this year. We had fish tacos for a couple of nights. With mango salsa of course. Made from the mangoes growing at the house my daughter and her husband were staying at. We were on the Kona side but drove over to the Hilo side. Went to the volcano and a rainbow appeared coming right out of the crater. It the full spectrum arch and so close we could have walked to it except for the metal rails preventing us from walking out on the lava beds. A very special visit. The main reason I have been able to go the couple times before is because my lifelong friend owns a home in Oahu. My daughter also booked our flights in Nov and found round trip tickets for under $300 a piece so I told her book it now. My 3 brothers and my sister and I inherited a little money from my uncle passing and so we all paid for our kids and grandkids so we could have a family reunion. I'm spending most of the rest of the money trying to fix up this house.

Lapeer, MI

#3604 May 30, 2013
been there9 wrote:
<quoted text>No, but my son in laws cousin (go that?) lives on an organic macadamia nut farm and I do have them shipped over and sell them at our store. My niece lives on the Big Island also and her daughter (my grandniece?) graduated high school so 23 family members flew over to attend and rented 3 houses. My grandson (now 13yrs old) caught a record breaking Ono fish at 56 1/2 lbs. Record for this year. We had fish tacos for a couple of nights. With mango salsa of course. Made from the mangoes growing at the house my daughter and her husband were staying at. We were on the Kona side but drove over to the Hilo side. Went to the volcano and a rainbow appeared coming right out of the crater. It the full spectrum arch and so close we could have walked to it except for the metal rails preventing us from walking out on the lava beds. A very special visit. The main reason I have been able to go the couple times before is because my lifelong friend owns a home in Oahu. My daughter also booked our flights in Nov and found round trip tickets for under $300 a piece so I told her book it now. My 3 brothers and my sister and I inherited a little money from my uncle passing and so we all paid for our kids and grandkids so we could have a family reunion. I'm spending most of the rest of the money trying to fix up this house.
The food, fun, friends, travels and prices!!
Life sounds so good for you. I'm happy for you.

In the end, it's all about relationships. Enjoy them:)

Lapeer, MI

#3605 May 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dO1rMeYnOmMXX
It is powerfully emotional some times when a song or piece of music doesn't just light up your mental periphery but actually fires smack into the bulls eye of the Amygdala catching your breath and tearing the eyes.

I have just a few of these and view them not at all as being cheap snorts of memory lane(the song that played during my first teenage romance, say)but something more momentous, consequential and life-changing. Extremely personal, subjective, unique and specific to the individual.

For reasons I won't get into, an odd piece of music stuck to me like fairy dust years ago and has never left me. Fire Dance, John Barry's piece from Dances With Wolves, drives me into existential euphoria and keeps me there throughout.

I am not Indian. I have no particular draw to Indian dances or trances. But that piece hits right me between the mind's eyes with infinite images and emotions.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3606 May 30, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It is powerfully emotional some times when a song or piece of music doesn't just light up your mental periphery but actually fires smack into the bulls eye of the Amygdala catching your breath and tearing the eyes.
I have just a few of these and view them not at all as being cheap snorts of memory lane(the song that played during my first teenage romance, say)but something more momentous, consequential and life-changing. Extremely personal, subjective, unique and specific to the individual.
For reasons I won't get into, an odd piece of music stuck to me like fairy dust years ago and has never left me. Fire Dance, John Barry's piece from Dances With Wolves, drives me into existential euphoria and keeps me there throughout.
I am not Indian. I have no particular draw to Indian dances or trances. But that piece hits right me between the mind's eyes with infinite images and emotions.
I've never seen the movie. Kevin Costner bores me. I did just listen to the score and even though I don't hear what you heard, it does evoke some memories of time spent with real life Indians on tribal land. Strange days, odd nights, bewildering sights, sordid ways...to some.

Lapeer, MI

#3607 May 31, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I've never seen the movie. Kevin Costner bores me. I did just listen to the score and even though I don't hear what you heard, it does evoke some memories of time spent with real life Indians on tribal land. Strange days, odd nights, bewildering sights, sordid ways...to some.
Well...people make perfect sense to themselves...at least most of the time:)

Felton California

#3608 Jun 2, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The food, fun, friends, travels and prices!!
Life sounds so good for you. I'm happy for you.
In the end, it's all about relationships. Enjoy them:)
Most definitely. You know from years ago of previous posts on the Intelligent Design forum that I am not a religious sort but still believe there is something more than we are even capable of conceiving and I have been "intelligent" (?) enough to be touched by. Not without some crazy weird and often hellish experiences that allowed me to appreciate these days.

Lapeer, MI

#3609 Jun 2, 2013
been there9 wrote:
<quoted text>Most definitely. You know from years ago of previous posts on the Intelligent Design forum that I am not a religious sort but still believe there is something more than we are even capable of conceiving and I have been "intelligent" (?) enough to be touched by. Not without some crazy weird and often hellish experiences that allowed me to appreciate these days.
It is so, so easy to slip into cynicism while ignoring the sunny side of Life.

Intelligence comes in two forms: Rational and Emotional.

The Rational can only carry us so far after which Emotional becomes the only way to travel.

It appears that your trip to Hawaii contained a healthy amount and combination of both:)

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

London, UK

#3610 Jun 4, 2013
Times are hard and money is hard to come by.
But life is almost unreal.
Without a faith.
So lock down your emotion from weeping foolish tears over a murderous world.
Open your heart keep your money tight.
And your ass tighter.
The world is more for the taking than you think.
Most people spend most of their time listening to others to follow -
Than there own hearts.
That make them win able.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

London, UK

#3611 Jun 4, 2013
Love me love you.
Love is great if you can find it.
Broken hearts unclean minds.
Broken dreams.
Broken promises is the only kind of opium on the overspend.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

London, UK

#3612 Jun 4, 2013
Wanna hate you.
Feel me on the net - what do you feel?
You can touch me.
Everyone else has already.
Over the host room i have f***** everything worth f******.
Play with me and die, no prisoners.
Love me and rule the world for a day.
Scream my name.
Scream my fame.
Love the hate that is inside your heart.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

London, UK

#3613 Jun 4, 2013
See me behind the makeup.
Understanding that i am here to play with your heart.
If you said hello what would you say.
Bet you would punch.
Punch your little heart out in front of my big blue eyes.
Dance with me and cry.
Cry your heart out tho and watch the hours pass.
Then watch me come back at you.
I Want you.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

London, UK

#3614 Jun 4, 2013
Do you think me mean?
Do you think me quite frank.
Want to play with the same bag as me.
If it's in - its mine.
You want money and I hear your cry.
But if I did give you that lift financial you and your business needs today.
Why?
Lets make love instead.
You send me gossip.
I send you cash in a tractor beamed bubble sent direct to you.
Love me, love yourself.
Fuck me and pay the price for mistrusting.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

London, UK

#3615 Jun 4, 2013
Playing games is kinda fun, don't you think.
Loving, sharing having sex with the lights on.
Some kind of mirror man.
Turned public policeman.
Do I look like a spook to you?
Perhaps.
Being an engineer for N.A.S.A is great fun too.
Until the heat is on and everything is up in the air and other skills are required.
Love spaceships.
Love myself.
I have began to hate the mirror again.
I know its wrong to hate but I hate thing that changed.
They just creep right into your heart.
And then when you are not conscious, there they are turning the knife in.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

London, UK

#3616 Jun 4, 2013
Hate what i am doing here by saying hello.
Well I am 41.
I have been going out of my mind wanting to talk.
Some people are a little to stand offish for my love.
Can you love.
Are yo capable of love as a symbol?
I am over trying to stuff as much data into the equations of my mind -
As totally possible.
Yes I am open.
Eyes wide open.
Want to touch me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr Dogen 78,757
News The last solar eclipse to impact metro Atlanta ... 5 hr Pistol Pete 2
News Support for climate change bill is haunting a C... 8 hr Solarman 1
News Connecticut residents looking forward to eclipse 8 hr BPT 1
News How do Flat Earth truthers explain the eclipse?... 13 hr Parden Pard 6
News Former NASA director to speak at Murray Aug. 17 22 hr Suedarnellellis 1
DVDFab Back to School Promotion Save Up to 35% Sun dvdlover 1
More from around the web