Is Time An Illusion?

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3531 Feb 5, 2013
I just had to revisit "The Song of the Count" video :

Tell me he's not inhaling second hand smoke as he counts the molecules coming in through the window :)

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3532 Feb 5, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Spring is still a few weeks off for me but you're probably getting close right now.
It's that time of year to throw open the windows and take in the sweet smells of Springtime.
As the Count would say, "Let me count the molecules of cannabus coming in through my window, one.....twooooo.....thrrrrreee eeeee!!!...molecules..."
Secondhand hash beats recycled, once-removed, sister's ex-sister-in-laws any day. Ex-brother-in laws, on the other end of a hookah, is more my taste. xD

Too bad I don't have any of either one. >:]

Being a sober orphan sucks sometimes.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3533 Feb 5, 2013
Yes it is

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Since: Aug 12

Cardiff, UK

#3534 Feb 6, 2013
Remember Babylon 5....

Sweet bliss.

Remember the Mantis enemy space fighter ship...

Sweet bliss.

Well its real and resurrected from the ashes by me....

Well sweet bliss guys turn over #1k and i give you a free panini toy and poster.

Chums in period

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Since: Aug 12

London, UK

#3535 Feb 15, 2013
SO TIME IS AN ILLUSION?

perhaps half the time is a pretty darn good guess estimate.

WHT ABOUT THE SCIENCE?

that is as close s we have it at present.

Location hidden

#3537 Feb 19, 2013
the dark lord wrote:
Remember Babylon 5....
Sweet bliss.
Remember the Mantis enemy space fighter ship...
Sweet bliss.
Well its real and resurrected from the ashes by me....
Well sweet bliss guys turn over #1k and i give you a free panini toy and poster.
Chums in period
If that's your bliss you must have low expectations.:-/

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#3539 Feb 19, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>If that's your bliss you must have low expectations.:-/
Great expectations demand work. Low expectations demand little if anything.

Many people are lazy. Most are unmotivated.

Butter results from prolonged agitation, waste results from non-use.

Howdy, Buttercup!

:>

“Blood Type B - Attitude B +”

Since: Mar 08

Felton California

#3540 Feb 19, 2013
the dark lord wrote:
SO TIME IS AN ILLUSION?
perhaps half the time is a pretty darn good guess estimate.
WHT ABOUT THE SCIENCE?
that is as close s we have it at present.
It's all an illusion. Time is our reference point. And science proves it.

Location hidden

#3544 Feb 21, 2013
There's a small restauraunt in Cleveland, the Phiner Bistro. You'd likely end up spending $30 to $40 a person not including drinks or gratuity, but you could get a taste of it and get out of there for less. Thing is everything is organic and they cater to whatever you need, even gluten free, all prepared fresh. I've never before been asked, "would you like some lavender in your beef bistro soup"?

The key lime pie has no sugar in it and it's gluten free and I've never tasted better. Whole pie costs $55 (because of the hand-labor involved) but I'm gonna order me up one soon.

I don't think any exclusive high dollar establishment could touch this taste; it makes your eyes roll up in your head.

Reason I mention it is you don't need chemicals and artificial ingredients to make it taste good. My jejunum never felt so good :)

Then again I bet people that are hooked on fast food and chips wouldn't appreciate it anyway.
Last summer I would get a Frosty like a couple times a month, which isn't much at all but I wonder now if I even want to have it at all.

Location hidden

#3545 Feb 21, 2013
I suppose the down side is that an all natural all organic Frosty would cost quite a bit more but does it really need propylene glycol? Really?
And whatever that particular chemical-amide was?

Location hidden

#3546 Feb 22, 2013
been there9 wrote:
<quoted text>It's all an illusion. Time is our reference point. And science proves it.
Where do you get these crazy ideas?
:-)

Lapeer, MI

#3547 Feb 22, 2013
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!"

-- Audrey Hepburn

...and Audrey wasn't even an astrophysicist!

Location hidden

#3548 Feb 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!"
-- Audrey Hepburn
...and Audrey wasn't even an astrophysicist!
"Nothing is impossible" except, as a first timer, figuring out all the important details of how to, for example, tile your floor *before* you start. I was a scientist, for a short time, but still, I should know when grout is past its shelf life; I should know I need to mix it at slow speeds like under 300rpm, I should know I need to pay close attention to get the consistency right and that means I finally resorted to weighing out the mortar on a ten pound scale and did some simple division to proportion the amount of water (since there's no way I would mix the entire 50 lb bag and all they tell you is to mix 6 quarts with the whole bag). I figured it out after I got half the job "done". I'll probably have to repair small sections at a time once it starts crumbling but it survived a year, though my luck will likely run out.

Location hidden

#3549 Feb 27, 2013
Like, does anyone have really good sex the first time? Is there anyone out there that can tell me they did? I suppose even if there was a manual or a guru that tried to teach you everything they know about it, it would still take time to get it right. Then you have to find someone that thinks the way you do, or close enough.

Location hidden

#3550 Feb 27, 2013
Pokay wrote:
Like, does anyone have really good sex the first time? Is there anyone out there that can tell me they did? I suppose even if there was a manual or a guru that tried to teach you everything they know about it, it would still take time to get it right. Then you have to find someone that thinks the way you do, or close enough.
Quit bating me. xD

Lapeer, MI

#3551 Feb 27, 2013
Pokay wrote:
I had great sex the very first time but that was before I tried it with a partner:}

Location hidden

#3552 Feb 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Quit bating me. xD
You mean 'baiting', not "bating", don't you?
Bating is something you do by yourself :)

Am I missing something?

Location hidden

#3553 Feb 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I had great sex the very first time but that was before I tried it with a partner:}
You mean you remember the very first thing you ever did with yourself?

I don't remember, specifically, but I bet it was accompanied by a thought similar to, "hey, I think I'm feelin something; whoa, what's that? It looks like I'm gonna have to do something with that, whatever it is"
:)

See, everyone is crazy about these stupid smart phones (sorry, I had to; it wasn't really an insult because I'm sure they have utility for some people, but not for me), but I'm waiting for the next multibillion dollar invention:

tapping into what our lover is feeling as we touch them. I can see it now, on the package, "your partner's satisfaction GUARANTEED! or your money back". Well at least you'll know if you're getting warmer or colder
SoE

United States

#3554 Feb 28, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text> and if that's too easy to understand I can rewrite it so that no one will have a clue what I'm talking about :)
You could always inlist the aid of tina ann or attend her computer seance crasses..
They seem histrionically to border on politicionic avenues :-)
SoE

United States

#3555 Feb 28, 2013

Love is never having to say you are satisfied ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 7 min Eagle 12 10,080
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 38 min Patrick 43,354
Post your FeaturePoints referral code to get re... (Aug '14) 4 hr Boonshot 52
IJOY CIGPET ANT Kit – Among the Leading Starters 14 hr perty 1
Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3 Protective Silicone Case ... 19 hr vapingnews 1
Blogger Tips: Inline Blogger Comments! How to? (Oct '08) Sat WatchAMonster 2
News Kawakami: Kaepernick's uninspiring performance ... Sat Cut The Kitty 2
More from around the web