“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3488 Jan 23, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I said that, inside of the first Circuit Breaker Box found in my garage, I have two small Bus Bars.(1) is insulated from the box. This is for the Neutral coming in from outside joining with the Neutral from the Conduit. The other Bus Bar is BONDED to that same Box and I used it to join the incoming outside Ground to the Ground coming out of the Conduit.
This is NOT the Service Panel.
Oh I get it now, of course. Your main panel has the insulated ground bar and the other box that you use for the generator is grounded. Funny they wouldn't at least put a jumper from the ground bar to the box in the main panel.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3489 Jan 23, 2013
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take all you have on that....
I have removed 3 to 4 in limbs on apples and after 10 years only about 1/3 of the wound has grown over...
I think I just got lucky that one time but I'll tell ya, I see a lot of wounds that have the similar healing skin over them on many different trees, and you can tell from a distance because the skin is smoother than the surrounding. It defies logic that it can skin over in a year or two under "lucky' conditions.

It seems that an accepted way is by making a grid of scions side by side vertically across the wound. Some say to nail them in after they are stuffed under the bark. And apparantly there is a grafting wax that you have to maintain afterwards.

The part that throws me is having to keep the scions for a year or two in moist hay or whatever. I have no idea why they can't be cut fresh and used? I could probably buy some scions from a local nursery but I don't see me taking time to do all that.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3490 Jan 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Count on your "on" season lasting longer in the future.
http://earthsky.org/earth/trees-are-shedding-...
I thought I had eaten my last tomato about a week ago and then found two more little ones growing on a vine after that. This late season stuff is getting weird.
It doesn't seem like your area has any growing off season at all. You'll now have what, a two week dormant period? Maybe four?

Of course I don't know how anything survives your summers.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#3491 Jan 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Count on your "on" season lasting longer in the future.
http://earthsky.org/earth/trees-are-shedding-...
I thought I had eaten my last tomato about a week ago and then found two more little ones growing on a vine after that. This late season stuff is getting weird.
From your link: "Scientists have found that the end of the Northern Hemisphere growing season has shifted to later in the year."

None of this answers the obvious next question: "Does thi mean shorter Winters, later Springs, longer Summers or....what?

Have ALL the seasons been shifted forward or have some seasons lengthened while others have shortened?

Has Texas changed from being The Lone Star State to The Lone Little Tomato State?

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3492 Jan 24, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
From your link: "Scientists have found that the end of the Northern Hemisphere growing season has shifted to later in the year."
None of this answers the obvious next question: "Does thi mean shorter Winters, later Springs, longer Summers or....what?
Have ALL the seasons been shifted forward or have some seasons lengthened while others have shortened?
Has Texas changed from being The Lone Star State to The Lone Little Tomato State?
I'm pretty sure there was mention of earlier onset as well.

I'll never forget last Spring. Leaves came out like a month early; at least a few weeks early. It has always been like the second week of May for foliage growth. It was happening like mid-April last year. That's only one year but talk about blowing the curve.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#3493 Jan 24, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>I'm pretty sure there was mention of earlier onset as well.
I'll never forget last Spring. Leaves came out like a month early; at least a few weeks early. It has always been like the second week of May for foliage growth. It was happening like mid-April last year. That's only one year but talk about blowing the curve.
So if the growing season extends further into what should be late Autumn and Spring arrives sooner than expected, it must mean that Winter is being squeezed on both ends and that Summer is longer than ever.

I'm gonna hold off on buying that Snow Blower for another year.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3494 Jan 26, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
So if the growing season extends further into what should be late Autumn and Spring arrives sooner than expected, it must mean that Winter is being squeezed on both ends and that Summer is longer than ever.
I'm gonna hold off on buying that Snow Blower for another year.
So the winter before last got ya thinkin?

Poor 'winter'; I'm sure 'old man winter' would rather get squeezed in the "middle".

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#3495 Jan 26, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>So the winter before last got ya thinkin?
Poor 'winter'; I'm sure 'old man winter' would rather get squeezed in the "middle".
The Global Warming BS has entered into politics and, once that happened, the lies became bigger, more populated and more intense than ever.

There is no scientific "proof" for anthropic warming but only scientific speculation. The reason for this failure for proof is that planetary experimentation is impossible and, besides, if possible, dangerous. It's like introducing a carcinogen into a cancer patient's IV to see if, in fact, their cancer might have originally been caused by a carcinogen. Hippocratic Oath in part: "I will prescribe regimens for the good of my patients according to my ability and my judgment and never do harm to anyone."

Do not harm the patient.

If there was another Earth-like planet nearby for experimentation then we might consider doing it. Don't soil your own nest in the name of science.

So,...Science has now entered into the hands of image makers, car salesman and snake-oil politicians. Hold on to your wallet. The grabbing will get violent in the coming decades.

Old Man Winter won't be the only one getting squeezed.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3496 Jan 27, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>So the winter before last got ya thinkin?
Poor 'winter'; I'm sure 'old man winter' would rather get squeezed in the "middle".
I recall you saying that the leaves were almost a month early on the trees last spring. Wouldn't it be strange if we ended up not having a winter season?

I just watched a video about puffin fertility taking a hit from global warming because their major source of food fish for their chicks is moving to colder waters. I like puffins. They are one creature I would be sad to see go extinct.

“GOD OF ALL”

Since: Aug 12

London, UK

#3497 Jan 28, 2013
its official i am now a Chief Engineer at NASA

just finished off my PLAX based equations of thermodynamics for Hydropod(s) technology.

Yes ASTERIX 1 has enterer the building.

Does a mind blowing 10 Million years in the tubes.

ISO-PLASM yes chums were a killing off thermal decay with isotopes of many different kinds including neutron ice cubed crystals to squeeze any kind of thermic energy to keep the life incubators going for flipping infinity guys.

Prehaps PLAX based equations have the answer to evolutionary regression which is making immortals mortal.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#3498 Jan 28, 2013
the dark lord wrote:
its official i am now a Chief Engineer at NASA
just finished off my PLAX based equations of thermodynamics for Hydropod(s) technology.
Yes ASTERIX 1 has enterer the building.
Does a mind blowing 10 Million years in the tubes.
ISO-PLASM yes chums were a killing off thermal decay with isotopes of many different kinds including neutron ice cubed crystals to squeeze any kind of thermic energy to keep the life incubators going for flipping infinity guys.
Prehaps PLAX based equations have the answer to evolutionary regression which is making immortals mortal.
Chief Engineer? I didn't know NASA was racial profiling in its hiring practices.

Chief Walking Bird, Chief Saddle Sore, Chief Fire Water, Chief Running Bare...but Chief Engineer is new to me.
SoE

Rozet, WY

#3499 Jan 28, 2013
the dark lord wrote:
its official i am now a Chief Engineer at NASA

Ah,...well,...just another achievement we've come to expect!

I wasn't aware the North American Steam Advocates still existed..
SoE

Rozet, WY

#3500 Jan 28, 2013
Good grief, i may have made a mistake and my computer won't allow going back..

Was that chief engineer or cheese engineer ?
SoE

Rozet, WY

#3501 Jan 28, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Chief Engineer? I didn't know NASA was racial profiling in its hiring practices.
Chief Walking Bird, Chief Saddle Sore, Chief Fire Water, Chief Running Bare...but Chief Engineer is new to me.
From history books, i believe i recall a very outspoken chieftain of a clan that existed long before Stonehenge was
constructed. I believe he was called Nuccaldragor...
SoE

Rozet, WY

#3502 Jan 28, 2013
There may even be descendants existing to this day..

“GOD OF ALL”

Since: Aug 12

London, UK

#3503 Jan 29, 2013
NASA like o play the big cheese but x, y, z, will always need an expert engineer to put together, whether in draft designs on paper schematics or the real thing. The the difference here is that its my chief designs that fly. Ok there will fukc about will the designs till kingdom come i know that , they know that, everybody else knows that: but if it isn't one of mine then it's not gonna fly, it's as simply as this chumps.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#3504 Jan 29, 2013
Somebody please pass the pipe

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#3505 Jan 29, 2013
the dark lord wrote:
NASA like o play the big cheese but x, y, z, will always need an expert engineer to put together, whether in draft designs on paper schematics or the real thing. The the difference here is that its my chief designs that fly. Ok there will fukc about will the designs till kingdom come i know that , they know that, everybody else knows that: but if it isn't one of mine then it's not gonna fly, it's as simply as this chumps.
You sound a lot like Lance Armstrong.
SoE

Rozet, WY

#3506 Jan 29, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Chief Engineer? I didn't know NASA was racial profiling in its hiring practices.
Chief Walking Bird, Chief Saddle Sore, Chief Fire Water, Chief Running Bare...but Chief Engineer is new to me.
Ah,..well...chief engineer and chief indian ear sound similar...
SoE

Rozet, WY

#3507 Jan 29, 2013
the dark lord wrote:
NASA like o play the big cheese but x, y, z, will always need an expert engineer to put together, whether in draft designs on paper schematics or the real thing. The the difference here is that its my chief designs that fly. Ok there will fukc about will the designs till kingdom come i know that , they know that, everybody else knows that: but if it isn't one of mine then it's not gonna fly, it's as simply as this chumps.
Those that are really really old hands will probably introduce you to the Commodore 64. They will then ,after 5 minutes or so, introduce you to the latest Cray ? and state of the art design programs... This should filter most if not all daft designs and eliminate many of the paper schematics..that would be the real thing ...( you may,also, want to bring some of your terminology into the 21 century)
It's as simple as that(well not really). You certainly wouldn't want to appear a chimp...on the first day...(er..chump)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Groupon in trademark fight 2 hr ChandraPeers 4
GoPro Reportedly Coming To Offer Drones For Use... 2 hr Trendslink 1
Reading online reviews? Be careful whose advice... 3 hr TekSavvy 1
Recover data from the formatted hard disk 5 hr Celina 2
How to recover deleted files from HUAWEI Androi... (Sep '12) 6 hr Florida 28
Concord: Prosecutors decline to file charges in... 6 hr patti-cake 5
Nitrogen Powered Hybrid Automobile (Dec '11) 6 hr PatentsOn740month 176
Settlement in web trolling case 14 hr UrbanWorld 1
Video: North Essex entrepreneur takes top spot ... 20 hr SpaceBlues 2
Do you need to break the bank to get a good phone? Tue gotta be said 1

Science / Technology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE